The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:12:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Back in the grounds......

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back in the grounds......  (Read 34042 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #500 on: January 08, 2021, 14:29:13 pm »

Ian Atkins used to get the groundsman to keep the grass longer in certain parts of the pitch to suit his rugged direct style and Cobblers fans lauded it up. KC does something to gain an advantage and receives criticism from the same fans.
I'm surprised the EFL would actually stop us from training on the pitch, especially if we say we have nowhere safe to train?
You have no idea whatsoever if Cobblers fans 'lauded it up' save for your bubble of pals!
No internet, or certainly forums anyway to gauge opinion then...bit like the increase of Covid cases because of increased testing.
Nevertheless, even if true there are deciding factors... namely, Atkins was quite successful with his brand...Curle has us gasping for air before sinking!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 14:34:36 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #501 on: January 08, 2021, 14:47:54 pm »

A quick flick through suggests the EFL has no power to dictate frequency of training? Just something about not allowing activities by another party in shared use grounds to take place 48 hours before a game so as not to jeopardise the fixture?

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-4---clubs/

Shock news
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 08, 2021, 15:24:50 pm »

You have no idea whatsoever if Cobblers fans 'lauded it up' save for your bubble of pals!
No internet, or certainly forums anyway to gauge opinion then...bit like the increase of Covid cases because of increased testing.
Nevertheless, even if true there are deciding factors... namely, Atkins was quite successful with his brand...Curle has us gasping for air before sinking!

I stopped going after a period when Atkins was in charge because of his methods. I felt we had the squad to play a much better brand of football. He seemed to wallow in us being disliked. He seemed to inhibit our flair players. I also recall his comment that we should regard ourselves as lucky if we witnessed more than half a dozen decent games in a season.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #503 on: January 09, 2021, 07:42:34 am »

He also had a win percentage of 36% to Curles 39%, so it's not like it actually got better results either.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 11, 2021, 19:44:37 pm »

He also had a win percentage of 36% to Curles 39%, so it's not like it actually got better results either.

although at this stage in their Cobblers managerial career there was hardly anything in it.....

Curle has been in charge for 119 games, he's won 47 of those, drawn 30 and lost 43.
After 119 games under Atkins he had won 46, drawn 30 and lost 44......so close!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3429

« Reply #505 on: February 19, 2021, 10:37:55 am »

I listened on 5live earlier to an interview with the guy (his name escapes me) who is responsible for crowd arrangements at Edgbaston for the upcoming test versus New Zealand in June.

They are obviously hopeful of welcoming crowds but concede it will probably be a maximum of 10,000 (25,000) if that. The ticketing we all be online and no paper ticket will be produced and of course with strict seating arrangements and timed toilet appointments (I made that bit up) Either way its not going to be the boozy experience we all love and enjoy.

I was brought up on huge surges in the Hotel End, lets face it, when I first went in 1981 it wasn't totally the football I returned for! The atmosphere and experience made up for the endeavours of Steve Massey and John Buchanan on the pitch.

Full, jumping, pulsating stadiums are finished for at least another season, maybe more. I mentioned it earlier, when sat completely comfy on my sofa with a beer and camberwell carrot it really makes no difference if we are playing Sunderland or Stevenage, when in an empty stadium.

Could be a long road back to normality or has it changed forever?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #506 on: February 19, 2021, 11:53:40 am »

although at this stage in their Cobblers managerial career there was hardly anything in it.....

Curle has been in charge for 119 games, he's won 47 of those, drawn 30 and lost 43.
After 119 games under Atkins he had won 46, drawn 30 and lost 44......so close!

And then throw into the hat the period this club was coming out of early-to-mid-nineties, and most fans considered Atkins early tenure a breath of fresh air. I'm sort of amazed that someone calling themselves Cobblers Forever would throw in the towel during this period because the football wasn't flowing enough. I can only guess they weren't attending during the dark old days.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 14:46:41 pm by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #507 on: February 19, 2021, 12:39:58 pm »

Full, jumping, pulsating stadiums are finished for at least another season, maybe more.

Didn't that finish around 1989?  Tongue

The future is lateral flow testing and social distancing. I think mass gatherings in open spaces will be most difficult to work around, music festivals and concerts etc. Even the indoor ones are going to be a nightmare where they were booked up for 2020 and carried over. 
Can't see next season starting with grounds back to full capacity. Having said that, if we get relegated it may not be an issue.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #508 on: February 22, 2021, 18:25:57 pm »

Sounds as though we won’t be watching much live football this season but back to normality for August.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #509 on: February 22, 2021, 19:10:38 pm »

Sounds as though we won’t be watching much live football this season but back to normality for August.
Fingers crossed.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #510 on: February 22, 2021, 19:15:53 pm »

Suprised we haven’t had the season ticket renewal messages on the back of this.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 22, 2021, 20:36:21 pm »

Give it time.....won't be long!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 23, 2021, 10:40:59 am »

Could be tricky considering the cost of watching 2 games live this season.
Over to KT ( if he’s not too busy playing golf)
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #513 on: February 23, 2021, 11:00:41 am »

They're coming...

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2021/february/season_ticket_230221/

Northampton Town Football Club welcomes the update from the Prime Minister on the return of crowds to matches, effectively from the start of next season.

While we are clearly very disappointed we will not be able to welcome season ticket holders back to matches this season, this does at least provide clarity and give us the opportunity to begin to work towards the return of supporters at the start of the 2021/22 campaign.

We are hugely grateful to our current season ticket holders for their support and patience through this season.

Now we have a little more certainty in terms of dates, the club will be in a position to make an announcement in terms of the options for season ticket holders and seasonal car park pass holders in the next few weeks, after discussing our plans with supporters groups.

We would also like to place on record our sincere thanks to the many, many season ticket holders who have already contacted the club to say they will not be seeking any form of refund or credit. Your support is hugely appreciated by everyone at the club.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 23, 2021, 11:14:01 am »

They're coming...

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2021/february/season_ticket_230221/

Northampton Town Football Club welcomes the update from the Prime Minister on the return of crowds to matches, effectively from the start of next season.

While we are clearly very disappointed we will not be able to welcome season ticket holders back to matches this season, this does at least provide clarity and give us the opportunity to begin to work towards the return of supporters at the start of the 2021/22 campaign.

We are hugely grateful to our current season ticket holders for their support and patience through this season.

Now we have a little more certainty in terms of dates, the club will be in a position to make an announcement in terms of the options for season ticket holders and seasonal car park pass holders in the next few weeks, after discussing our plans with supporters groups.

We would also like to place on record our sincere thanks to the many, many season ticket holders who have already contacted the club to say they will not be seeking any form of refund or credit. Your support is hugely appreciated by everyone at the club.
Fair play, can’t wait to see the compensation for season ticket holders, BTW if I was the chairman I’d give fcuk all back as everyone bought a ticket in the middle of a pandemic and therefore buyer beware.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #515 on: February 23, 2021, 11:22:55 am »

At least we should be able to go to Wembley this year when we reach the play off final.
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #516 on: February 23, 2021, 11:47:20 am »

Fair play, can’t wait to see the compensation for season ticket holders, BTW if I was the chairman I’d give fcuk all back as everyone bought a ticket in the middle of a pandemic and therefore buyer beware.

Agree Manny. KT knows the character of the folks that purchased a ST in the middle of a pandemic.
Heart rules heads sort of folks.
Loyalty often gets a kicking- so I expect it will again.
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 23, 2021, 12:03:36 pm »

At least we should be able to go to Wembley this year when we reach the play off final.
I’ve already booked the train and car parking.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #518 on: February 23, 2021, 12:09:13 pm »

Maybe so Manny but the club was also at fault for selling full season tickets when they weren't sure how it would all pan out. Quite a few clubs didn't sell them but NTFC chose to regardless.

All I'll say is they need to look after their season ticket holders otherwise some may not make the effort in the future.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #519 on: February 23, 2021, 12:14:20 pm »

The decent thing to do would be at least a 50% discount but it'll probably be a Cobblers mug and car sticker  Tongue
They'll need to do something worthwhile. The emotional attachment aside it shouldn't be viewed too differently than any other event you buy tickets for IMO, we're a business and not a charity. Not forgetting many who would have fallen on really hard times over the past year and may genuinely need the money. There's enough of this situation across football to set stringent guidelines to protect the fans interests.

I've got over £600 tied up in concert/theatre/event tickets that keep getting shifted and no idea whether they'll take place at full capacity or otherwise. There must be billions of pounds sitting in agents accounts waiting for the logistical nightmare to unravel. The common theme with these is that you can cancel if you want to.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: