The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:06:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Year 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Year 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 74369 times)
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #720 on: January 28, 2021, 08:05:43 am »

It feels like pretty much any management speak that I've ever heard over the last 15 years. Let's face it, he won't be judged on his post-match interviews, if we're winning games or accomplishing long term goals, nobody really cares.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #721 on: January 28, 2021, 08:47:27 am »

If we stay up and we have a realistic chance at the moment, Curle will have performed a minor miracle.

I don’t buy that, in all probability the likes of Accrington, Rochdale, Crewe and Wimbledon all have smaller budgets than us. Wigan are in a complete financial mess. Then you have a whole bunch of teams including Gillingham, Burton, Bristol Rovers etc. who have budgets around ours, maybe higher, maybe lower. So for us to finish 5th bottom say we wouldn’t be over achieving, more likely slightly underachieving in terms of budget.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #722 on: January 28, 2021, 08:53:09 am »

I don’t buy that, in all probability the likes of Accrington, Rochdale, Crewe and Wimbledon all have smaller budgets than us. Wigan are in a complete financial mess. Then you have a whole bunch of teams including Gillingham, Burton, Bristol Rovers etc. who have budgets around ours, maybe higher, maybe lower. So for us to finish 5th bottom say we wouldn’t be over achieving, more likely slightly underachieving in terms of budget.

Im not sure why our budget is so 'poor' as many claim , we have the same covid constraints to deal with as every other club, yet we made a few quid from TV games and the sale of Goode last season whilst also getting shot of other alleged high waged players.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #723 on: January 28, 2021, 09:36:26 am »

it’s what i dislike about Curle more than anything .
He talks utter tripe and dresses it up to be intellectual and part of a Grand Plan. He spouts pseudo rubbish that no one buys into . The man is a fraud and wings it .

But we knew that even before he came here, remember the sh*te he came out with after we spanked Carlisle 4-1 at their place under Wilder. He does like to come out with stuff that sounds like he's a tactical genius, when some of his tactics would get him sacked in Sunday Leagues.
     He comes from a long line of stubborn managers who will never admit "they got it wrong" with anything, the only 2 I can remember in the past were Sammo  and Wilder who would say anything like the truth if we put in a poor performance
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #724 on: January 28, 2021, 09:49:25 am »

But we knew that even before he came here, remember the sh*te he came out with after we spanked Carlisle 4-1 at their place under Wilder. He does like to come out with stuff that sounds like he's a tactical genius, when some of his tactics would get him sacked in Sunday Leagues.
     He comes from a long line of stubborn managers who will never admit "they got it wrong" with anything, the only 2 I can remember in the past were Sammo  and Wilder who would say anything like the truth if we put in a poor performance
he hides behind management speak when he has no answers because he has winged it . He is old school and full of hot air .
If he is that forward thinking why are his training methods and tactics from 1994 ?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #725 on: January 28, 2021, 10:23:10 am »

he hides behind management speak when he has no answers because he has winged it . He is old school and full of hot air .
If he is that forward thinking why are his training methods and tactics from 1994 ?

You must have friends in high places not to draw some attention for such rabid anti NTFC Management comments Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 10:25:59 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 28, 2021, 10:38:29 am »

The difference between Lampard and Curle is the sheer diversity of their respective transfer budgets. If we stay up and we have a realistic chance at the moment, Curle will have performed a minor miracle. His interviews arent of a high standard but then again he is not a professional speaker.

At last a touch of realism. It appears we have some highly qualified speakers or experts on Football tactics/training etc etc
Report Spam   Logged

TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #727 on: January 28, 2021, 10:43:12 am »

Maybe we could have a seperate thread for Curle bashing...?

Wondering if ntfclad has heard anything more along on the grapevine

If we're going to get another loan in then would expect Mitchell to be made permanent

All of the names previously linked have ended up signing so wonder who Curles still targeting?
Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 28, 2021, 10:56:09 am »

Wondering if ntfclad has heard anything more along on the grapevine

If we're going to get another loan in then would expect Mitchell to be made permanent

All of the names previously linked have ended up signing so wonder who Curles still targeting?

👍
Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #729 on: January 28, 2021, 10:58:40 am »

Ohh please.

If the mods are interested I could replace a few posters with some basic coding to automate their behaviors.

for example

If 'undisclosed fee' is mentioned pick one of the following at random and post :
  • Clueless Curle
  • KT has no ambition
  • Look at clubs like peteborough
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 11:00:59 am by Gen.Disorda » Report Spam   Logged

west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #730 on: January 28, 2021, 11:08:42 am »

The difference between KC and Lampard is that KC has a promotion on his management cv, Lampard has'nt.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #731 on: January 28, 2021, 11:16:20 am »

To be honest, if you listen to the pre/post match interviews of the majority of club managers, they all spout exactly the same, especially when it's not going well. 
Listen to Chris Wilder now, he says almost the same thing at the end of each game, especially when they have lost again. (apart from last night obviously)
There is almost no difference, it fills the media space!!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #732 on: January 28, 2021, 12:37:50 pm »

The difference between KC and Lampard is that KC has a promotion on his management cv, Lampard has'nt.
Another difference, Curle has been a manager for 18 years, Lampard 18 months !  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #733 on: January 28, 2021, 12:43:33 pm »

Ohh please.

If the mods are interested I could replace a few posters with some basic coding to automate their behaviors.

for example

If 'undisclosed fee' is mentioned pick one of the following at random and post :
  • Clueless Curle
  • KT has no ambition
  • Look at clubs like peteborough
This I like, you may have the beginnings of a robust business plan there, imagine the possibilities.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #734 on: January 28, 2021, 13:20:12 pm »

Carton - correction, Lampard was only manager at Chelsea for 18 months but you forget that he was at Derby before that. I'm always bemused that so called great players who want to be managers seem to walk into a job at championship level instead of having to start in the lower leagues.
Because someboby was a great manager it does not follow that they will be a great manager, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore and Sol Campbell all tried management without success.
We have a long list of former top flight players who have failed in management here, Toni Marchi, Ron Flowers, Bill Baxter, Paddy Crerand Justin Edingburgh and JFH to name a few.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #735 on: January 28, 2021, 13:21:11 pm »

i notice in today’s interview in the Chron , Curle implies some players could have their contracts paid up enabling them to move on and subsequently us to bring another player in .
i may have misinterpreted that but surely players dont hang around when they could be paid up to leave ?
Maybe he is referring to a compromise deal in which they get a percentage to leave but not the full
amount otherwise why wouldn’t you just clear off !
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #736 on: January 28, 2021, 13:22:04 pm »

Please get back to the subject ffs...i don't care about Lampard being sacked!

KC said still no intention of offering Holmes anything yet, as still waiting for last minute deals for other targets, before window closes on Monday. Completely understandable and an option if we don't get anyone else in before Monday (unless Holmes signs elsewhere of course)

Still hoping Martin/Marshall/Missalou get fixed up elsewhere before Monday...I'd still keep Marshall esp as Miller now out for at least 3 weeks, but if KC isn't gonna play him may as well get rid.
Report Spam   Logged
Letchworthcobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #737 on: January 29, 2021, 13:20:17 pm »

Any transfer news today ntfclad? Cheers
Report Spam   Logged

I have nothing to declare except my genius
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #738 on: January 29, 2021, 13:24:34 pm »

This I like, you may have the beginnings of a robust business plan there, imagine the possibilities.

I don't think it would be hard to replace the Guardians social media team to be honest.

Pick one to blame at random and then post :
  • Brexit
  • Racism
  • Men
  • Jeremy Corbyn

Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #739 on: January 29, 2021, 13:35:30 pm »

I don't think it would be hard to replace the Guardians social media team to be honest.

Pick one to blame at random and then post :
  • Brexit
  • Racism
  • Men
  • Jeremy Corbyn

Grin Grin Grin
👍😂
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: