The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:25:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Year 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Year 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 74407 times)
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2020, 12:29:54 pm »

racic has been sent back

Crazy if true and nobody has mentioned it.

You would have thought it would be something the journalists would ask. It baffles me half the time what they get paid to do.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2020, 13:09:23 pm »

You would have thought it would be something the journalists would ask. It baffles me half the time what they get paid to do.
Brown nosing KT, just like they did with his predecessor!
I can still see the article on the official site from Gareth Wiltshire, this guy took a picture of someone in a high vis  jacket in the East Stand claiming work was still going on when it had clearly stopped weeks ago.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2020, 13:50:49 pm »

Thanks Deepcut for putting this in the correct place.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2020, 18:01:57 pm »

Why crazy? Absolute liability on his showing with us!
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2020, 19:48:28 pm »

Why crazy? Absolute liability on his showing with us!

Because nobody has confirmed or asked about it...
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2020, 19:50:13 pm »

I hope we are not going back in again for David Nugent, scored 1 goal in 24 games since rejoining PNE and they now want him off their books and he is on full pay at home. He is now 35 and when he stated previously that he had spoken to KC a PNE supporter commented that he is knackered after running 10 yards, maybe a slight exaggeration.
On the other hand they have 2 of our former players, both out of contract at the end of the season, who appear to have no future at PNE. Perhaps they would like to loan one out for the rest of the season, Louis Moult and Billy Bodin.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2020, 20:47:20 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-open-contract-talks-holmes-and-sheehan-3077381
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2020, 21:22:12 pm »

Silly season has definitely begun , apparently we are selling Danny Rose already according to twitter  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2020, 07:43:00 am »

Silly season has definitely begun , apparently we are selling Danny Rose already according to twitter  Grin Grin

While I agree that there’s probably zero validity in the rumour, if someone did come in for him then it might make sense to get rid. The squad is massively unbalanced for the formation we play. We have a large amount of small tricky attacking players but a big lack of quality, numbers and cover in other positions, so him moving on would give us more room to bring in players in these problem positions.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2020, 08:46:11 am »

Players i think we should try and move on.
Mitchell- no better than Arnie
Horsfall- not league one standard, not sure he’s even league two to be honest.
Harriman- great effort but gets beaten time and time again defending.
Martin - enough said.
Racic- non league at best GONE  Grin
Missalou - a black version of Hoskins runs around a lot with zero quality.
Benny Ashley SEAL - great comedy value as he spends the entire match on the floor but not what we need.
Korboa - just too bigger gap from where he came from to L1.

I think we need at least a minimum of 4 league one or above quality players
Right back
Center half
Center midfielder
Striker.

Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2020, 09:25:34 am »

Martin - enough said.
Benny Ashley SEAL - great comedy value as he spends the entire match on the floor but not what we need.

Right back
Center half
Center midfielder
Striker.

Wouldn’t that leave the problem I said before of too many small tricky attacking players (Adams, Marshall, Hoskins, Holmes, Rose) None of who have the defensive ability to play wing back at this level, especially with the lack of quality at central defence. personally I would like to see Holmes stay and with Chucks looking a good prospect I would look to move on at least any two of the others.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2020, 09:45:43 am »

Very harsh on these to be honest,

Whilst I partially agree with the appraisal of their performances so far I just don't think its time to get rod just yet.

As for the loan players we don't have time to wait for other peoples players to improve at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2020, 09:47:57 am »

especially with the lack of quality at central defence.

I think this hits the nail on the head. You can play 3 at the back and have a winger bombing on from wing back if you have a solid base behind him and a center back on that side who is as comfortable coming wide as they are in the center.

We don't have that at the moment, Adams and MArshall Bombing on leaves our already suspect back line exposed.
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2020, 10:22:39 am »

Martin - enough said.

Right back
Center half
Center midfielder
Striker.

As you know Manny, I’m not keen on spending money, but if I was that’s a fairly decent appraisal. Need a centre half and a midfield general. Also need a class striker but that’s a bit like asking to win the lottery? I’m still advocating spending nothing but if we do that’s where it needs to go.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2020, 11:19:50 am »

I know in the other locked threads, there was reports of Lloyds Jones finally signing (if Racic has been returned on loan, then I assume the wages are freed up to do that, unless we've finally sorted the Nuttall situation).
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2020, 11:25:52 am »

I know in the other locked threads, there was reports of Lloyds Jones finally signing (if Racic has been returned on loan, then I assume the wages are freed up to do that, unless we've finally sorted the Nuttall situation).

Not sure how he fits into the "quality additions" we are looking for..... he played 7 games for us in League 2, we lost 5 of those, he picked up two yellow cards. Hasn't played a game since that last game with us in March.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2020, 11:36:41 am »

Martin - enough said.

Right back
Center half
Center midfielder
Striker.

Of these, I would keep
Horsfall (as cover)
Harriman (played many reasonable games)
Martin (he's played better than many give credit for imo)
Korboa (can't blame the lad for having to play with so little support, needs developing)
BAS (I think there's a player in there somwhere)

I can't believe you haven't included Smith in the get rid list. I've only ever seen 2 CFs in the entire history of the Cobblers who have maybe had so limited ability. If people say, well he's scored most of our few goals in recent games, I would add that any non league CF would have scored those and probably one or two more. Powder puff comes to mind.
Obvious priorities are commanding CB (with passing ability) and CF.

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2020, 11:48:49 am »

Not sure how he fits into the "quality additions" we are looking for..... he played 7 games for us in League 2, we lost 5 of those, he picked up two yellow cards. Hasn't played a game since that last game with us in March.
That’ll be our sort of signing  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2020, 12:04:46 pm »

Lloyd Jones wasn’t deemed good enough for a starting place in L2 why on earth would he now be good enough for L1?.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2020, 13:45:30 pm »

Lloyd Jones wasn’t deemed good enough for a starting place in L2 why on earth would he now be good enough for L1?.
I wonder
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: