The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:42:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Year 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Year 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 74472 times)
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2020, 10:43:47 am »

I'd have Turnball back in a heartbeat. He was the most cultured centre back we had last season and I include Goode in that.
In case people have forgotten we needed to get him off the wage bill and replace him with cheaper options.
We need to lower expectations
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2020, 10:45:09 am »

There’s certainly mixed messages coming from the club - KT saying that we need to bring League 1 quality players in and indirectly panning the summer recruitment and then KC giving it the usual spiel saying that January is a  difficult window, it’s a waiting game, putting together a jigsaw blah blah. Perhaps he’s being coy and covering up that he has money to spend but I doubt it. At the very least he needs to bring 2 or 3 quality loans in but these don’t grow on trees and the majority of decent possibilities will be out on loan already. I still can’t work out what’s going on with Lloyd Jones - if he’s unattached and has been training with us for weeks/months then why haven’t we already taken him on as a free agent? I know that his mate who was posting on here suggested that his agent moved the goalposts at the last minute in the summer and started making unrealistic financial demands but it’s unlikely that will have changed as they now have us over a barrel and they know we’re desperate.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2020, 10:55:47 am »

Irchy - Shoemaker says it's a done deal (Lloyd Jones) so watch this space  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2020, 11:09:39 am »

I don’t doubt that it probably is a done deal as it’s the kind of underwhelming signing we are likely to make - as others have said the fact that his loan spell was less than impressive and the fact that he hasn’t kicked a ball since speaks volumes to his and our ambitions. The only hope I’m hanging on is that his mate who posted on here was adamant that his brief spell here wasn’t representative of his true ability but he’s going to be rusty as hell and is also going to be playing alongside Bolger and Horsfall which isn’t exactly the same as playing with Goode, Wharton and Turnbull.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2020, 11:38:12 am »

I’d be more worried about those that are leaving......
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2020, 11:42:50 am »

Please let on?
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2020, 13:04:35 pm »

I would not be surprised to see either Marshall or Adams leave as they have only shown brief glimpsies of what they are capable of and neither are good enough defensively to play wing back. Marshall gave the ball away for Doncaster's first goal and gave away the stupid free kick which led to Lincoln's second goal. I think he is only still here because he chose to take up the option, in his contract, of a second season. I don't think KC would have taken up the option as he has rarely selected him in the starting 11. Perhaps we are also now seeing why Adams has remained a second division player despite being in several promotion winning sides as so far he has not made the step up and are creativity has been sadly lacking for most of the season.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2020, 13:19:01 pm »

Please let on?
Il leave things to those in the know  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2020, 13:22:56 pm »

Il leave things to those in the know  Wink

You're confusing me Shoey. So are you in the know or not?
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2020, 13:35:31 pm »

It’s a sad indictment of the current squad to say that I honestly would not be bothered if any of the current players were to leave with the possible exceptions being McWilliams and Sowerby - in fact I’d be amazed if other clubs actually want any of them as we haven’t exactly got any assets to speak of. I would be excited by the possibility of Pollock getting fit but we know that Curle doesn’t really trust the young players - even last season when Pollock put a good run together he still was in and out.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2020, 13:45:33 pm »

I would not be surprised to see either Marshall or Adams leave as they have only shown brief glimpsies of what they are capable of and neither are good enough defensively to play wing back. .
The thing is that nether Adams or Marshall ARE wingbacks and I don't think either of them claim to be wingbacks, throughout both of their careers they have been wingers. The problem is that KC plays lots of players out of their natural position and then wonders why they look a little lost. I think with both of them you either play them as wingers or you don't play them at all, but I do think that both of them could be useful to us as wingers. Whilst we are on about positions, Korboa is not a midfielder, Hoskins' best position by far is in the "Number 10" role behind the strikers, he always puts the effort in but when you finish a game with Super Sam at centre back you really do have to question who thought that was a good idea
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2020, 13:52:37 pm »

I hate to write him off as he’s been a great servant but I think Adams has lost a yard, probably due to injuries, and he now seems unable to beat his man to put a cross in. His set piece delivery is also not as good as it was but it probably doesn’t help when Bolger and Horsfall are the targets as opposed to Goode and Wharton. Marshall still seems to have a bit of pace but not much - as Carton points out both are totally exposed at wing back. Hopefully Mills will be fit again soon to slot in at left wingback but we need someone on the right.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2020, 14:45:04 pm »

The thing is that nether Adams or Marshall ARE wingbacks and I don't think either of them claim to be wingbacks, throughout both of their careers they have been wingers. The problem is that KC plays lots of players out of their natural position and then wonders why they look a little lost. I think with both of them you either play them as wingers or you don't play them at all, but I do think that both of them could be useful to us as wingers. Whilst we are on about positions, Korboa is not a midfielder, Hoskins' best position by far is in the "Number 10" role behind the strikers, he always puts the effort in but when you finish a game with Super Sam at centre back you really do have to question who thought that was a good idea
Doesn't this just sum up KC's abilities as a manager? Forget about dumping present players or recruiting new ones. Get rid of the manager, or we'll just end up with a crop of decent players who lose most games.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2020, 15:12:13 pm »

You're confusing me Shoey. So are you in the know or not?
If you read this thread apparently not !!!
I hear bits n bobs from a source who would need to know whose signing.....

I don’t hear everything by any means but I have a 100% full proof source....

That’s how I knew sowerby and rose were signing...
I posted those and people start to wet themselves about it  Roll Eyes

I have no ego whatsoever and I don’t need it massaging I’m just in a position to know the man who has to know.....

This board is full of bitter people who wet themselves if you know something they don’t and then have a dig at you over it.

I’m happy to sit back and watch people have a guess without having to join in the circus....

All il say is people have been in and people have been told to look elsewhere.
I’ve heard a couple of bits but unfortunately imo the only thing I’d advise is a price on relegation if one is available.

Il look on and see if anyone has heard anything.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2020, 15:24:35 pm »

If you read this thread apparently not !!!
I hear bits n bobs from a source who would need to know whose signing.....

I don’t hear everything by any means but I have a 100% full proof source....

That’s how I knew sowerby and rose were signing...
I posted those and people start to wet themselves about it  Roll Eyes

I have no ego whatsoever and I don’t need it massaging I’m just in a position to know the man who has to know.....

This board is full of bitter people who wet themselves if you know something they don’t and then have a dig at you over it.

I’m happy to sit back and watch people have a guess without having to join in the circus....

All il say is people have been in and people have been told to look elsewhere.
I’ve heard a couple of bits but unfortunately imo the only thing I’d advise is a price on relegation if one is available.

Il look on and see if anyone has heard anything.

Thanks for clearing that up. So, you might know something some of the time. A bit like most people on this forum.

Unless you're ntfclad, who seems to have gone missing.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2020, 15:52:01 pm »

I think the only people who have provided genuine transfer news before it has happened are ntfclad and Yayo bayo (presumably because his brother is mates with Lloyd Jones) and like TP says both have gone awol. I’m still not sure which players we are supposed to be in despair at possibly losing according to Shoey’s cryptic posts?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2020, 16:04:52 pm »

Thanks for clearing that up. So, you might know something some of the time. A bit like most people on this forum.

Unless you're ntfclad, who seems to have gone missing.
I should really know a lot more but as I’m in the extremely vulnerable category I don’t get to see the person who knows very often now....
I do get the heads up from someone who does though.

If we use an ounce of realism it seems we need to shift out before players come in and I envisage the usual free transfers and youth loans
As for waiting until the end of the window that sounds desperate to me and another case of seeing what’s left over.
The fact is we could be more or less relegated by February and yet there seems no rush or effort to being in the quality needed from January the first....
How many points could we lose in the month of January waiting to see what’s left over.
This is purely my take on things having read Keith’s interview.
To me if the board really wanted to stay in this division then they’d have players in the door as soon as the window opens....
They haven’t and are more bothered about getting players off the books by the sound of things

It doesn’t inspire me with confidence and I’m sure many fans will start wondering why quality players aren’t arriving whilst we continue to get tonked week in week out....

You can have as many people as you like in for talks  Wink
It’s another thing having the will to sign them....

FWIW we are nowhere near the 2.5M salary cap so any limitations are self imposed.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2020, 12:47:52 pm »

Interesting interview with Keith today who has stated that the cobblers won’t be making any expensive signings in January as clubs struggle with the impact of COVID...

Well blow me down who would’ve thought it ..... Roll Eyes

That housekeeping award is in the bag and so is an instant return to league two.

Get your bets on now!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2020, 12:53:20 pm »

Interesting interview with Keith today who has stated that the cobblers won’t be making any expensive signings in January as clubs struggle with the impact of COVID...

That housekeeping award is in the bag and so is an instant return to league two.

Get your bets on now!!!!

Happy F*@king New Year to You Too Sad
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2020, 13:09:03 pm »

Get your bets on now!!!!
Isn't it easy spending other peoples money Shoemaker? Have you spotted the flaw in your repetative opinion?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: