The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:16:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Year 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Year 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 74316 times)
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2020, 13:14:51 pm »

Happy F*@king New Year to You Too Sad
Don’t shoot the messenger Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2020, 13:18:54 pm »

Isn't it easy spending other peoples money Shoemaker? Have you spotted the flaw in your repetative opinion?
Try making some money instead
Relegation odds 4/6

This squad is a certainty to go down it’s frankly worse than the league two squad.
Keith’s telling you the score but I guess many won’t like to hear the truth.

4/6 is a fantastic price
Put a lump on and it can soften the blow for the return to the basement division

Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2020, 13:34:05 pm »

Interesting interview with Keith today who has stated that the cobblers won’t be making any expensive signings in January as clubs struggle with the impact of COVID...

But KT said last week that we would be bringing in "League 1 class players" , hasn't he told Keith?   
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2020, 13:50:20 pm »

But KT said last week that we would be bringing in "League 1 class players" , hasn't he told Keith?   
It’s comedy gold isn’t it??
One says we are bringing in league one quality
The other says we aren’t but may wait and do some last minute business with what’s left over !!

What hope is there when the chairman and manager can’t even agree as regards transfer policy??
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2020, 14:16:38 pm »

It’s comedy gold isn’t it??
One says we are bringing in league one quality
The other says we aren’t but may wait and do some last minute business with what’s left over !!

What hope is there when the chairman and manager can’t even agree as regards transfer policy??

Who is the chairman? Has Keith swapped places with Kelvin?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2020, 14:29:55 pm »

Who is the chairman? Has Keith swapped places with Kelvin?  Grin
It’s hard to know who is in charge
One thing is for sure there seems to be no coherent transfer policy.

I still stand by the assumption that the board cannot afford to run the club as a league one concern
They can’t afford to sack Keith

It really begs the question what is the point?
We go down to league two and the begging letters for season tickets go out but in reality even the most claret tinted spectacle wearer can see that even if we did manage a promotion we couldn’t actually compete in league one.
All this whilst looking at a not fit for purpose un-started redevelopment.

I honestly have the same feeling now that I had when DC was in charge and that is that the club is going nowhere on and off the pitch.

Sorry for being pessimistic/realistic but that’s how I feel
Different faces but no progress.

Promise little
Deliver big

Seems like years ago.....
Hang on
It was years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2020, 14:42:34 pm »

It’s hard to know who is in charge
One thing is for sure there seems to be no coherent transfer policy.

I still stand by the assumption that the board cannot afford to run the club as a league one concern
They can’t afford to sack Keith

It really begs the question what is the point?
We go down to league two and the begging letters for season tickets go out but in reality even the most claret tinted spectacle wearer can see that even if we did manage a promotion we couldn’t actually compete in league one.
All this whilst looking at a not fit for purpose un-started redevelopment.

I honestly have the same feeling now that I had when DC was in charge and that is that the club is going nowhere on and off the pitch.

Sorry for being pessimistic/realistic but that’s how I feel
Different faces but no progress.

Promise little
Deliver big

Seems like years ago.....
Hang on
It was years ago.

Imagine you working for the make a wish foundation
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2020, 14:52:05 pm »

I’d wish we had wealthier owners and were playing in a 20,000 seater stadium looking forward to a rosy future.....
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2020, 14:56:32 pm »

Don’t shoot the messenger Grin

As if
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2020, 15:04:43 pm »

Is there a lot wrong with my supposition of where we are now compared to the pre meltdown days of DC though
I can’t see things are that different
Both chairman had racked up large debt, both were funding the club to a certain level while waiting for progress on a land deal whilst not starting on redeveloping the ground , both were unable to run us as a league one club without extra investment whilst not attracting any extra investment.

I just feel I’ve been here before only this time I hope we don’t go into administration.

That’s why I have zero expectation that any quality players will be signed(as does the manager) and it will be straight back down where we can go round and round again.

It’s all very well knocking/belittling my opinion but rather than go down that road why not add to the debate by explaining what points you disagree with??

Does anyone realistically expect the board to back Keith with four or five quality signings to keep us up?
What aspirations do other posters have?
Has anyone else got any aspirations for this season whatsoever?

Only a few days till the window opens and we have a chance to save our season....
Exciting times ??

Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2020, 15:14:39 pm »

Relegation odds 4/6

This squad is a certainty to go down it’s frankly worse than the league two squad.

4/6 is a fantastic price
Put a lump on and it can soften the blow for the return to the basement division

What sort of supporter bets on their own team to get relegated?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2020, 15:18:35 pm »

With respect Shoey - The last time we were in league one under JFH the chairman did back him and look where that got us. There are no guarantees in football, some were moaning at the signing of Morton last January and we all know what we achieved with the help of his signing.      
Report Spam   Logged
Cobblersmad

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2020, 15:30:59 pm »

Is there a lot wrong with my supposition of where we are now compared to the pre meltdown days of DC though
I can’t see things are that different
Both chairman had racked up large debt, both were funding the club to a certain level while waiting for progress on a land deal whilst not starting on redeveloping the ground , both were unable to run us as a league one club without extra investment whilst not attracting any extra investment.

I just feel I’ve been here before only this time I hope we don’t go into administration.

That’s why I have zero expectation that any quality players will be signed(as does the manager) and it will be straight back down where we can go round and round again.

It’s all very well knocking/belittling my opinion but rather than go down that road why not add to the debate by explaining what points you disagree with??

Does anyone realistically expect the board to back Keith with four or five quality signings to keep us up?
What aspirations do other posters have?
Has anyone else got any aspirations for this season whatsoever?

Only a few days till the window opens and we have a chance to save our season....
Exciting times ??

Don't you ever get bored of logging on here every day and typing the same sort of downcast and deadbeat message every day in every thread?

There's having a good debate with a fellow poster with different opinions, then there's you.

Can the mods not do anything? It's starting to affect my enjoyment of looking on here. Sure I'm not alone in that view either.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2020, 15:32:05 pm »

Interesting interview with Keith today who has stated that the cobblers won’t be making any expensive signings in January as clubs struggle with the impact of COVID...

Well blow me down who would’ve thought it ..... Roll Eyes

That housekeeping award is in the bag and so is an instant return to league two.

Get your bets on now!!!!

You have got  to have friends in high places to get away with posts like that?
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2020, 16:06:59 pm »

You have got  to have friends in high places to get away with posts like that?
I think 4/6 is good value odds for relegation given our current squad
Is that not a valid opinion
I may be wrong and we may stay up but I think the overriding opinion of the majority of fans , the chairman (who admitted us much the other day in his interview) and the manager is that we need some more quality in order to stay up.
Yes I’m disillusioned regards things right now and it’s not my intention to depress others who have a much more upbeat opinion of the current situation.

As such I’ve decided not only to stop attending matches until the ground is finished but also to stop posting on this forum until such time that I attend matches again (in which case the ground will be finished)

I’m sure somewhere along the line things will be better and the ground completed and I hope kelvin and the board find some extra investment to help the club and somehow manage to turn a profit on their investment.

I’ve enjoyed posting on here over many years but it’s best to leave it to those who attend the matches and part with their hard earned cash.

I’m sure the forum will be a much rosier place with only positive posts regardless of wherever the club finds itself.

I’ve attended meetings to save the club, put in buckets to keep it going , held up my we want answers banners etc over the years but nowadays I feel that it’s best left to the eternal optimists such as yourself Tony in the hope that your optimism will lead to a better future and a completed stadium.

My health’s not great but I do hope that one day I may get to watch ntfc again but as of now there’s no timescale.

I’ve even got to the point where I’m not really enjoying the game at any level any more (too much politicisation in sport for my liking)

The one hope is that as the town and county expands the club may expand with it and future generations have a chance to enjoy a local football club.

Anyway thanks to everyone for the banter down the years and I promise not to post on here until the ground is finished.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all stay safe and are able to get back to watching football as soon as is possible.

To anyone I’ve disagreed/ upset over the years i apologise and thanks to the many of you who’ve made me chuckle.

Anyone who supports/has supported the club over the years deserves a medal and I hope you all get the success your support deserves.

Thanks for being a big part of my life and UP THE COBBLERS

I hope the signings in January lead to an on field revival

Best wishes
Shoey
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2020, 16:37:46 pm »

Being concise and succinct is a virtue!
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2020, 17:31:30 pm »

What sort of supporter bets on their own team to get relegated?
Those that are realistic, and wish to make a profit?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2020, 17:42:32 pm »

Don't you ever get bored of logging on here every day and typing the same sort of downcast and deadbeat message every day in every thread?

There's having a good debate with a fellow poster with different opinions, then there's you.

Can the mods not do anything? It's starting to affect my enjoyment of looking on here. Sure I'm not alone in that view either.

Just do what I do now - skip any post from Shoey or any post quoting one of his. They are easy to spot due to the slightly odd paragraph structure he uses.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2020, 17:47:20 pm »

I think 4/6 is good value odds for relegation given our current squad
Is that not a valid opinion
I may be wrong and we may stay up but I think the overriding opinion of the majority of fans , the chairman (who admitted us much the other day in his interview) and the manager is that we need some more quality in order to stay up.
Yes I’m disillusioned regards things right now and it’s not my intention to depress others who have a much more upbeat opinion of the current situation.

As such I’ve decided not only to stop attending matches until the ground is finished but also to stop posting on this forum until such time that I attend matches again (in which case the ground will be finished)

I’m sure somewhere along the line things will be better and the ground completed and I hope kelvin and the board find some extra investment to help the club and somehow manage to turn a profit on their investment.

I’ve enjoyed posting on here over many years but it’s best to leave it to those who attend the matches and part with their hard earned cash.

I’m sure the forum will be a much rosier place with only positive posts regardless of wherever the club finds itself.

I’ve attended meetings to save the club, put in buckets to keep it going , held up my we want answers banners etc over the years but nowadays I feel that it’s best left to the eternal optimists such as yourself Tony in the hope that your optimism will lead to a better future and a completed stadium.

My health’s not great but I do hope that one day I may get to watch ntfc again but as of now there’s no timescale.

I’ve even got to the point where I’m not really enjoying the game at any level any more (too much politicisation in sport for my liking)

The one hope is that as the town and county expands the club may expand with it and future generations have a chance to enjoy a local football club.

Anyway thanks to everyone for the banter down the years and I promise not to post on here until the ground is finished.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all stay safe and are able to get back to watching football as soon as is possible.

To anyone I’ve disagreed/ upset over the years i apologise and thanks to the many of you who’ve made me chuckle.

Anyone who supports/has supported the club over the years deserves a medal and I hope you all get the success your support deserves.

Thanks for being a big part of my life and UP THE COBBLERS

I hope the signings in January lead to an on field revival

Best wishes
Shoey

In many ways quite an eloquent message; the trouble is that at times you appear to goad those who live in hope and call it a realistic POV. In my opinion you do more harm than good with repetitive messages of doom and despair; must effect you too. Am aware of your ill health and can only hope you get better.
Report Spam   Logged

Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2020, 18:11:28 pm »

Relegation odds 4/6

4/6 is a fantastic price

Post your details up here. Let's see what you have on.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: