The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:14:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Year 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Year 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 74356 times)
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2020, 18:12:27 pm »

So to be clear, about half the upcoming fixtures have been postponed and the remaining list for the season is becoming untenable? Covid is apparently running rampant in the UK with a more vital strain and football is to all intent and purposes back to behind closed doors for the foreseeable future? Yet the advice from some is the club is in chaos because there appears to be some “uncertainty” on how to progress? Further to this apparently the advice is also to bet on relegation, off load half the squad and recruit some big money signings? I used to have a lovely head of hair, unfortunately I have just ripped it out with my bare hands and thrust the shiny pallet through our plaster board wall. To be fair there was some decent advice, off load half the squad! However, recruit no one and put the youth team out for any remaining games as far as I am concerned. Curle and Thomas haven’t a coherent transfer policy? I’ll bet the poor sods are standing in their offices with mad staring eyes spinning on the spot? Anyone in football who has any sort of coherent policy about anything at the moment must have a backbone of tungsten!

Joking aside, on a separate note, all the best to you Shoey, come back soon mate. The bigger the range of perspectives the better as far as I am concerned? I might firmly disagree with a lot of your opinion but you may just prove to be right and I might turn out to be an idiot? It wouldn’t be the first time either.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3063

« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2020, 18:37:19 pm »

Alan Sheehan signs contract until the end of the season in a player/coach role.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2020, 19:19:49 pm »

So to be clear, about half the upcoming fixtures have been postponed and the remaining list for the season is becoming untenable? Covid is apparently running rampant in the UK with a more vital strain and football is to all intent and purposes back to behind closed doors for the foreseeable future? Yet the advice from some is the club is in chaos because there appears to be some “uncertainty” on how to progress? Further to this apparently the advice is also to bet on relegation, off load half the squad and recruit some big money signings? I used to have a lovely head of hair, unfortunately I have just ripped it out with my bare hands and thrust the shiny pallet through our plaster board wall. To be fair there was some decent advice, off load half the squad! However, recruit no one and put the youth team out for any remaining games as far as I am concerned. Curle and Thomas haven’t a coherent transfer policy? I’ll bet the poor sods are standing in their offices with mad staring eyes spinning on the spot? Anyone in football who has any sort of coherent policy about anything at the moment must have a backbone of tungsten!

Joking aside, on a separate note, all the best to you Shoey, come back soon mate. The bigger the range of perspectives the better as far as I am concerned? I might firmly disagree with a lot of your opinion but you may just prove to be right and I might turn out to be an idiot? It wouldn’t be the first time either.
We should spunk everything we have on Nugent.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2020, 20:16:13 pm »

I think 4/6 is good value odds for relegation given our current squad
Is that not a valid opinion
I may be wrong and we may stay up but I think the overriding opinion of the majority of fans , the chairman (who admitted us much the other day in his interview) and the manager is that we need some more quality in order to stay up.
Yes I’m disillusioned regards things right now and it’s not my intention to depress others who have a much more upbeat opinion of the current situation.

As such I’ve decided not only to stop attending matches until the ground is finished but also to stop posting on this forum until such time that I attend matches again (in which case the ground will be finished)

I’m sure somewhere along the line things will be better and the ground completed and I hope kelvin and the board find some extra investment to help the club and somehow manage to turn a profit on their investment.

I’ve enjoyed posting on here over many years but it’s best to leave it to those who attend the matches and part with their hard earned cash.

I’m sure the forum will be a much rosier place with only positive posts regardless of wherever the club finds itself.

I’ve attended meetings to save the club, put in buckets to keep it going , held up my we want answers banners etc over the years but nowadays I feel that it’s best left to the eternal optimists such as yourself Tony in the hope that your optimism will lead to a better future and a completed stadium.

My health’s not great but I do hope that one day I may get to watch ntfc again but as of now there’s no timescale.

I’ve even got to the point where I’m not really enjoying the game at any level any more (too much politicisation in sport for my liking)

The one hope is that as the town and county expands the club may expand with it and future generations have a chance to enjoy a local football club.

Anyway thanks to everyone for the banter down the years and I promise not to post on here until the ground is finished.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all stay safe and are able to get back to watching football as soon as is possible.

To anyone I’ve disagreed/ upset over the years i apologise and thanks to the many of you who’ve made me chuckle.

Anyone who supports/has supported the club over the years deserves a medal and I hope you all get the success your support deserves.

Thanks for being a big part of my life and UP THE COBBLERS

I hope the signings in January lead to an on field revival

Best wishes
Shoey

Thought for some time you sounded like you had fallen out of love with football.
We all share your frustration with the lack of progression on and off the pitch but as you repeatedly say the current owners can't afford to take us to the next level, this has been the way of things at NTFC as long as anyone can remember.

Have often disagreed with you but at least your posts always bring a response.
Hope your health will soon improve and you re-kindle your love of the game.
All the best. UTC
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2020, 21:54:05 pm »

Alan Sheehan signs contract until the end of the season in a player/coach role.
Excellent news
Sheehan and Holmes, Sheehan and Holmes, Sheehan and Holmes...
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2020, 22:51:27 pm »

We should spunk everything we have on Nugent.
Controversial?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2020, 08:07:53 am »

I’m guessing the Nugent comment is sarcasm, it would make zero sense for a side that is creating next no chances to bring in an expensive poacher to stand in the attacking half getting frustrated at not getting any ball and being expected at his age to spend all game closing down defenders.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 10:13:09 am by Winslow Lee » Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2020, 10:03:18 am »

Controversial?
Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2020, 11:36:22 am »

I'd be very surprised to see us sign Nugent. He has been told to stay away from PNE and appears happy to stay at home on full pay. As KC likes to keep his transfer dealings quiet until there is a definite signing he was probably less than impressed when Nugent went blabbering to the press that he had spoken to KC. At the time it seemed to me that he was touting for a better offer from another club.
As I mentioned in a previous post if we are interested in anybody from PNE I would prefer to take Billy Bodin or Louis Moult on loan for the rest of the season, Both appear to be out of favour and also out of contract at the end of the season.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2020, 11:58:03 am »

As I mentioned in a previous post if we are interested in anybody from PNE I would prefer to take Billy Bodin or Louis Moult on loan for the rest of the season, Both appear to be out of favour and also out of contract at the end of the season.

Not for me and that’s not just because neither did it when they played for us previously. We are side that creates very little and already has a lot of small attacking players. Personally I would be looking to strengthen the team elsewhere but if we did bring in a striker I would probably go for a dominating big lump in the Oliver mould or someone with the work rate of Morton who can pressure defenders into making mistakes, creating chances that way.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2020, 14:35:52 pm »

Alternatively we could jizz the lot on paying the Chinese to clone Super Sam Hoskins another 10 times, this would have many benefits, he is already adapting to playing every position on the pitch, he’s on the front of today’s program and most importantly Toggle Tim would get our half of the commentary right.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2020, 17:34:45 pm »

Northampton Town have signed central defender Lloyd Jones on a deal to the end of the season.

Jones, 25, is a 6ft 3in central defender who spent some time on loan at the club last season, making seven appearances before the campaign was suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

In other player news, Jacob Ballinger's contract has come to an end and he has left the club, while Joe Nuttall has been taken off the club's 22 man registered squad. Meanwhile, the club have spoken to Brentford to arrange for Luka Racic to be recalled.

Surprised by Ballinger. Did remember someone angrily tweeting about us letting more youth players go a few weeks back. The way it phrases suggest that we're still paying for Nuttall, but not for Racic.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2020, 17:47:48 pm »

Northampton Town have signed central defender Lloyd Jones on a deal to the end of the season.

Jones, 25, is a 6ft 3in central defender who spent some time on loan at the club last season, making seven appearances before the campaign was suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Disappointed by that, looked poor for us in league 2.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2020, 17:50:28 pm »

Il stick my neck out, Jones is an improvement on Racic and Horsfall (maybe even Bolger!).
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2020, 18:16:24 pm »

Il stick my neck out, Jones is an improvement on Racic and Horsfall (maybe even Bolger!).

Agree.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2020, 19:07:35 pm »

22 man squad now then, although players under the age of 21 do not count towards this.

Number drops to 20 from next season.....

So as it stands for this season we have:

Adams 34
Arnold 31
Ashley-Seal 22
Bolger 28
Harriman 28
Holmes 33
Horsfall 24
Hoskins 27
Korboa 24
Lines 35
Marshall 33
Martin 32
McWilliams 22
Mills 31
Missilou 28
Mitchell 26
Nuttall 23
Rose 27
Sheehan 34
Smith 25
Sowerby 25
Watson 27
Jones 25

equals 23, which is why Nuttall got taken off and we are now down to the maximum 22.

It is a case of someone out before we can get anyone else over 21 years old in.

Modified!! 21 year olds do not count towards the totals.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 21:48:39 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2020, 19:49:02 pm »

Nice work from Nuttall.....getting us to pay his wages for the whole season for about 45 minutes game time...

Still, that's what you get for signing a pre injured player & not giving them a proper medical!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2020, 21:21:36 pm »

22 man squad now then, although players under the age of 21 do not count towards this.

Number drops to 20 from next season.....

So as it stands for this season we have:

Adams 34
Arnold 31
Ashley-Seal 22
Bolger 28
Harriman 28
Holmes 33
Horsfall 24
Hoskins 27
Korboa 24
Lines 35
Marshall 33
Martin 32
McWilliams 22
Mills 31
Missilou 28
Mitchell 26
Nuttall 23
Racic 21
Rose 27
Sheehan 34
Sowerby 25
Watson 27
Jones 25

equals 23, which is why Nuttall got taken off and we are now down to the maximum 22.

It is a case of someone out before we can get anyone else 21 years or older in.

Smith missing, so Racic must be classed as u21
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2020, 21:24:07 pm »

Nice work from Nuttall.....getting us to pay his wages for the whole season for about 45 minutes game time...

Still, that's what you get for signing a pre injured player & not giving them a proper medical!  Roll Eyes

Only 1 of the above is factually correct
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2020, 21:25:19 pm »

Smith missing, so Racic must be classed as u21

Bad miss that! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place