The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:20:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Year 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Year 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 74382 times)
west stand oap

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #180 on: January 03, 2021, 11:56:29 am »

Marshall and Holmes may be technically better players than Hoskins but Sam will continually be selected in preference as a wide player because of his energy and workrate. Several times yesterday he got back to make important defensive contributions which it is unlikely either of the other 2 would have made.
If we have space in the 22 for Holmes I would extend his contract, but only to the end of the season, but he needs to show more than he has so far. If he had been selected yesterday to play behind the front 2 then either Watson or Sowerby would have been left out. On what Holmes has produced so far I think KC selected the right team.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2021, 12:02:38 pm »

Give him a free role behind the front 2, we desperately lack quality in midfield.

Completely disagree, we have looked a million miles better since putting in an extra player in midfield and taking out an attacking player.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2021, 12:09:34 pm »

Completely disagree, we have looked a million miles better since putting in an extra player in midfield and taking out an attacking player.
We’ve looked a lot better because we’ve actually got some defenders in Sheehan and Lloyd Jones, but most of all McWilliams breaking up the opposition attacks and passing it simple, you do know we played two up front yesterday?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2021, 12:27:17 pm »

you do know we played two up front yesterday?
Yes, but prior to having McWilliams, Sowerby & Watson in midfield we would play 2 central midfielders with 3 attacking players, either a target man with 2 wide attackers or 2 strikers with someone in behind. I prefer the 3 more defensive minded midfielders we are playing now and wouldn’t sacrifice one of then for a Holmes or Hoskins type player.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2021, 13:45:09 pm »

Yes, but prior to having McWilliams, Sowerby & Watson in midfield we would play 2 central midfielders with 3 attacking players, either a target man with 2 wide attackers or 2 strikers with someone in behind. I prefer the 3 more defensive minded midfielders we are playing now and wouldn’t sacrifice one of then for a Holmes or Hoskins type player.

Very few half decent rumours on here at moment - come in NTFc*** all is forgiven?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2021, 13:59:32 pm »

The club finally inform everyone Ratic has gone back , as i informed everyone on here 2 weeks ago !
Report Spam   Logged
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2021, 14:12:27 pm »

Curles post match interview yesterday
Said they had “4 or 5 targets” for January
If they get “2,3 of those then it’s a good window”

Answers on a postcard who that is! Although he also continued to mention the 22 man squad restriction
So with Racic going today, that leaves 1 space
Would think Martin, Lines and apparently Holmes will be allowed to go for space
Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2021, 14:53:12 pm »

I agree with what you are saying for the the “big” teams in this league but against the clubs in and around us we need more attacking threat also if we are chasing the game we have no one who can add that extra goal threat.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2021, 15:00:29 pm »

22 21 man squad now then, although players under the age of 21 do not count towards this.

Number drops to 20 from next season.....

So as it stands for this season we have:

Adams 34
Arnold 31
Ashley-Seal 22
Bolger 28
Harriman 28
Holmes 33 now out of contract
Horsfall 24
Hoskins 27
Korboa 24
Lines 35
Marshall 33
Martin 32
McWilliams 22
Mills 31
Missilou 28
Mitchell 26
Rose 27
Sheehan 34
Smith 25
Sowerby 25
Watson 27
Jones 25

Racic gone but that didn't make any difference....

Holmes contract expired yesterday.....

And now there are 21
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 15:03:58 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2021, 15:04:17 pm »

Racic was/is 21 so he would have been in the original squad of 22?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2021, 15:06:54 pm »

Racic was/is 21 so he would have been in the original squad of 22?

I think we established a few pages back that 21 year olds counted as U21's....otherwise we had a squad that was too big and we would not have been able to register someone (Holmes/Sheehan/Jones)
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2021, 15:09:20 pm »

Disingenuous, he doesn't actually say that...  Grin

Erm.....

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2021/january/ricky_holmes/

Also states "over 21's" so assume Racic didn't count towards the squad numbers as he was not over 21....
Report Spam   Logged

Rook Raven

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2021, 17:48:26 pm »

Korboa or Ricky Holmes?

It’s an easy decision and a cheap pay off
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2021, 18:00:48 pm »

Korboa or Ricky Holmes?

It’s an easy decision and a cheap pay off
Couldn’t agree more, get rid of him and Martin.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2021, 19:06:34 pm »

How many total minutes has Holmes played? From what I have seen Holmes has flattered to deceive. Cannot remember him doing any of his great drives upfield! I suspect that we won’t see the Holmes of old?

18 minutes v Oxford City in the FA Cup
20 minutes v Accrington in the League
60 minutes v Stevenage in the League Trophy  **
66 minutes v Burton in the League **
68 minutes v Rochdale in the League **
63 minutes v Doncaster in the League **
62 minutes v Crewe in the League **
90 minutes v Oxford United in the League **
6 minutes v Lincoln in the League
1 minute v Gillingham in the League

454 minutes total playing time.

** Games started

As I've put on another post, the role that Holmes had in Wilders team was never going to be replicated in Curles team. Curle does not give players free roles, does not use attacking wingers, he uses defensive wing backs.....you can't compare one with the other, neither can anyone expect Ricky Holmes to perform now like he did then, tactics, different players, formation, style of play, serious injuries, its like chalk and cheese.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 19:12:54 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

guest3338

« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2021, 19:51:49 pm »

18 minutes v Oxford City in the FA Cup
20 minutes v Accrington in the League
60 minutes v Stevenage in the League Trophy  **
66 minutes v Burton in the League **
68 minutes v Rochdale in the League **
63 minutes v Doncaster in the League **
62 minutes v Crewe in the League **
90 minutes v Oxford United in the League **
6 minutes v Lincoln in the League
1 minute v Gillingham in the League

454 minutes total playing time.

** Games started

As I've put on another post, the role that Holmes had in Wilders team was never going to be replicated in Curles team. Curle does not give players free roles, does not use attacking wingers, he uses defensive wing backs.....you can't compare one with the other, neither can anyone expect Ricky Holmes to perform now like he did then, tactics, different players, formation, style of play, serious injuries, its like chalk and cheese.

Ricky must be very frustrated. I'm sure he'll think, now he's got himself fit, that he's capable of much more but hasnt been given the opportunity.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2021, 21:13:15 pm »

Erm.....

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2021/january/ricky_holmes/

Also states "over 21's" so assume Racic didn't count towards the squad numbers as he was not over 21....

He said "at the moment" and gave his reasons.  It's not the clubs decision, it's his from a footballing perspective.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Martin

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 04, 2021, 09:14:48 am »

I know this might be unpopular, but as well as trying to move on Martin and Lines, I think we should be looking to the future and therefore moving on Adams and Marshall. We need younger more athletic and stronger players in order to survive and possibly prosper in this league. Adams in particular has delivered little this year and struggles in the wing back role he has to fill. He lacks the pace and strength now and whilst skillful at League 2 level, he doesn't cut it at league 1 level. Younger, stronger players with more pace would make such a difference, as we have seen with the introduction of McWilliams in central midfield. Moving these players on would also make a significant impact on the wage bill and allow KC more freedom in the transfer window.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #198 on: January 04, 2021, 09:43:29 am »

He is a bit yellow/red card prone and maybe a bit injury prone. Quite appreciate him though as he adds a lot to the midfield when fit!

1 red card in 73 appearances says he not red card prone
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #199 on: January 04, 2021, 10:02:47 am »

Martin, I agree with your views on Adams and Marshall. Some think they are our most skillfull players and should be in every starting 11. However, Adams has so far not been able to make the step up in class (not the only one) and does not have the energy of Hoskins to get up and down the pitch for a wing back, also he never completes 90 minutes these days. I have said before that if Marshall had not taken up the option of the extra year on his contract I doubt that the club would have despite his performance at Wembley. He has cost us at least 2 goals with his defending and I think if you are going to play him you need a full back behind him in a flat back 4. If we manage to stay up I doubt either will be offered a new contract at the end of the season if they are still here.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: