The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 01:34:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Year 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Year 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 74423 times)
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #200 on: January 04, 2021, 10:13:17 am »

Pete O'Rourke just reported that Norwich City are in for Chukwuemeka

Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #201 on: January 04, 2021, 10:18:34 am »

Martin, I agree with your views on Adams and Marshall. Some think they are our most skillfull players and should be in every starting 11. However, Adams has so far not been able to make the step up in class (not the only one) and does not have the energy of Hoskins to get up and down the pitch for a wing back, also he never completes 90 minutes these days. I have said before that if Marshall had not taken up the option of the extra year on his contract I doubt that the club would have despite his performance at Wembley. He has cost us at least 2 goals with his defending and I think if you are going to play him you need a full back behind him in a flat back 4. If we manage to stay up I doubt either will be offered a new contract at the end of the season if they are still here.

I agree that the Squad cannot necessarily carry Holmes, Adams, Marshall and Lines as seemingly aging bit part players but also I think this is very much a case of be careful what you wish for. We could easily end up wondering where all the fighters and leaders are.
Report Spam   Logged

the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #202 on: January 04, 2021, 10:27:27 am »

Who's Pete O'Rourke ?

Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #203 on: January 04, 2021, 10:28:25 am »

The players to get rid of first of all are Martin and Lines . It is very doubtful anyone will take them though .
Adams and Marshall do a job in this league and would be hard to replace quickly - despite having struggled this season .
Smith also needs shifting but again , better the devil you know sometimes .
Korboa and Dyche need loaning out .
We need players that know how to survive and grit it out .
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #204 on: January 04, 2021, 10:46:09 am »

Without meaning to be disrespectful to any posters, getting rid of unwanted players isn’t like playing Football Manager especially in the current climate. I would imagine that with COVID about the likes of Martin and Lines are likely to sit out their contract and hope things have changed by the Summer - the only thing possibly changing that is if another club comes in for them with a longish term contract which is incredibly unlikely. I would have thought even going out on loan would be unlikely again due to COVID.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #205 on: January 04, 2021, 10:51:17 am »

The players to get rid of first of all are Martin and Lines . It is very doubtful anyone will take them though .
Adams and Marshall do a job in this league and would be hard to replace quickly - despite having struggled this season .
Smith also needs shifting but again , better the devil you know sometimes .
Korboa and Dyche need loaning out .
We need players that know how to survive and grit it out .

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #206 on: January 04, 2021, 10:59:54 am »

EFL HUB are reporting Norwich, Leicester, Liverpool and Southampton, have all submitted bids. Silly season has started.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #207 on: January 04, 2021, 11:22:41 am »

I actually don't think Lines is that bad, the problem he has is that at 35 he can't get up and down the field like he used to. He must have been rubbing his hands when we offered him a 2 year contract at 33 years old. Likewise Martin, released by Stevenage and we offer him a 2 year deal ?
    People say that KC has done well in the transfer market, yes he bought in a couple of good loans last year in Wharton & Morton and a really good permanent signing in Goode but also look at this seasons loans, Mitchell is not really an up grade on Arnold and Racic, don't really need to say much more about him. Then we look at KC's other permanent signings, Arnold, not much better than Cornell who I thought was bang average, you can see why Horsfall & Smith played for Macclesfield. We've had worse than Bolger but we've had a lot better, Mills looks decent when he plays and Sheehan is obviously a good player. Missilou and BAS have looked OK in odd matches, Korboa looked useful in the first few games playing up front but then KC decides to play him in midfield, he has a poor game and hasn't been seen since.
        The jury is out on him in my opinion, just as likely to sign a donkey as a decent player.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #208 on: January 04, 2021, 11:42:25 am »

If we do sell Chuck this month, Id want 2 million quid minimum, plus sell on's. Whats going on behind the scenes with him, who knows, but he's the best kid to come out of our youth team (potential) for 30 plus years. Could easily make it to the very top...

He'd be my first pick as far as the forwards we have at the club. I don't understand why he's not getting game time, I can only assume there's stuff going on behind the scenes!

It doesn't surprise me that prem clubs are sniffing around. The twitter source is a good one, he's normally bang on the money, so Id be inclined to believe this one.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #209 on: January 04, 2021, 11:52:11 am »

If we do sell Chuck this month, Id want 2 million quid minimum, plus sell on's. Whats going on behind the scenes with him, who knows, but he's the best kid to come out of our youth team (potential) for 30 plus years. Could easily make it to the very top...

He'd be my first pick as far as the forwards we have at the club. I don't understand why he's not getting game time, I can only assume there's stuff going on behind the scenes!

It doesn't surprise me that prem clubs are sniffing around. The twitter source is a good one, he's normally bang on the money, so Id be inclined to believe this one.

I don't think we're in a position to demand that sort of money Drilling, the lad is only on a youth contract and is also out of contract very soon (this month). A compensation package is probably all we'll get I'm afraid - I hope I'm wrong on this.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #210 on: January 04, 2021, 11:56:28 am »

I previously mentioned Billy Bodin and Bristol Rovers (where he did very well before) and Ipswich are both after him. I think we would have offered him a contract when he was last here except he had injury problems.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #211 on: January 04, 2021, 11:58:23 am »

Maybe but if I were either of them and wanted to continue playing at the end of the season then I would would be asking my agent to all they could to get me either a transfer or a loan out of the club. Getting a foot in the door somewhere now is their best chance rather than the end of the season when a whole load of players will be looking for new clubs.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 04, 2021, 12:05:09 pm »

I don't think we're in a position to demand that sort of money Drilling, the lad is only on a youth contract and is also out of contract very soon (this month). A compensation package is probably all we'll get I'm afraid - I hope I'm wrong on this.

Sadly, you are most likely correct. Its frustrating, because I think any other season we may have got him tied down on a contract. But if I was his agent, Id be asking for several thousand a week and playing hard ball, knowing there's going to be significant interest elsewhere.

This is the huge problem we face along with any other club in the lower leagues without a significant benefactor bankrolling proceedings. Playing devils ad...we sign him on a deal worth 5k a week. With a review to flogging him for 5 million once he's banged in 15 goals (which I have no doubt he would do)...he then gets injured, starts sulking, whatever. Coupled with a disjointed dressing room where one kid is earning loads more than the rest of the players etc....

If we are to sell him for big bunce, it would have to be now whilst at least he's tied into us for a few months. A prem club would probably take a punt to get him for a couple of million based on the silly money they spend on transfer fees, rather than waiting until June where they would have much more competition for his signature.

Its a real shame, would love to see him play for us for 2 seasons at least and establish himself first!
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 04, 2021, 12:06:22 pm »

I’ve been banging on about this for a while now - it would appear that KC tried to persuade Caleb that his future was with us by playing him in a number of games but the fact that he hasn’t figured lately would suggest that the vultures are circling and we’re going to end up with a pittance.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 04, 2021, 12:25:14 pm »

If we are to sell him for big bunce, it would have to be now whilst at least he's tied into us for a few months. A prem club would probably take a punt to get him for a couple of million based on the silly money they spend on transfer fees, rather than waiting until June where they would have much more competition for his signature.
So, right now, you value Caleb at a couple of million? And at the end of the season hes going to be worth more? Give your head a wobble son. By the way, I still use the term "Pikey". That wasnt your best moment, was it?  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2021, 12:35:09 pm »

I hate to say it - and hopefully with some high calibre clubs supposedly being in for him this won’t be the case - but this has got P@@h written all over it - nick him for a pittance and he turns into the next Ivan Toney! Wasn’t there a suggestion that Caleb had a bit of a bad reputation or that he was a bit lazy - I suspect that this might have been KC’s way to try and keep his feet on the ground? Also, if it goes to a tribunal possibly we might get more as we have played him in several first team games?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2021, 12:47:27 pm »

So, right now, you value Caleb at a couple of million? And at the end of the season hes going to be worth more? Give your head a wobble son. By the way, I still use the term "Pikey". That wasnt your best moment, was it?  Grin

All things equal, yeah! 95% of it made up in 'potential'...

Look me ole mucker. I recall vividly debating this stuff when we sold Ivan Toney. 'Half a million is great business' most of our fans said at the time'. 'He's bang average'. etc etc. So cant be assed to go into a long post as to why I think he's worth a shed load of money..

...other than to say, lets see what occurs. And that I didn't say he would be worth more at the end of the season, he will be worth a lot less...and if we are to do decent business, it has to be this month. As from where Im sitting, it looks increasingly likely that he wont be signing a contract! So it would all go down to one of those tribunal things...and we'd get a pittance!
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2021, 13:34:29 pm »

All things equal, yeah! 95% of it made up in 'potential'...

Look me ole mucker. I recall vividly debating this stuff when we sold Ivan Toney. 'Half a million is great business' most of our fans said at the time'. 'He's bang average'. etc etc. So cant be assed to go into a long post as to why I think he's worth a shed load of money..

...other than to say, lets see what occurs. And that I didn't say he would be worth more at the end of the season, he will be worth a lot less...and if we are to do decent business, it has to be this month. As from where Im sitting, it looks increasingly likely that he wont be signing a contract! So it would all go down to one of those tribunal things...and we'd get a pittance!
I have no desire to get into an arguement with you. But where do you get your figures from? Two million for Chucky, Ivan sold for half a million, umm....
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2021, 13:41:27 pm »

I have no desire to get into an arguement with you. But where do you get your figures from? Two million for Chucky, Ivan sold for half a million, umm....

People assumed at the time it must be around £400k but then it came out longer down the line that it was closer to the gas bill.

I personally think we will be stitched up for Chucky now. Any other club in this division would have him pinned down and be asking for well over a million for him.  He has far greater potential and therefore value that Goode.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2021, 13:41:41 pm »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: