The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:25:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Year 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Year 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 74373 times)
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2021, 14:14:34 pm »

If I had the benefit of hindsight I’d be worth at least 4 times as much as I am now, just saying.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2021, 14:23:19 pm »

If I had the benefit of hindsight I’d be worth at least 4 times as much as I am now, just saying.
Yeah, I know what you mean. 30 years ago I nearly bought a house around the corner from me. But it was £500 over my budget.
About ten years ago, they sold the bottom half of their extensive garden, and built four flats on it. With off road parking.
Hindsight. Tis a lovely thing.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3086

« Reply #222 on: January 04, 2021, 14:58:13 pm »

Christian Lee.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #223 on: January 04, 2021, 15:03:56 pm »

You have the benefit of hindsight, it's foresight that helps.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #224 on: January 04, 2021, 18:37:10 pm »

Ricky to the Shrimpers??

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/holmes-im-ready-whoever-wants-give-me-deal-3085138
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2021, 18:46:23 pm »

The club has probably tried all it can to get Caleb to sign a new contract but it maybe in his own best interest not to sign. If he goes we no doubt will get less for him if he is out of contract leaving him with a potentially larger signing on fee.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #226 on: January 04, 2021, 18:50:21 pm »

The club has probably tried all it can to get Caleb to sign a new contract but it maybe in his own best interest not to sign. If he goes we no doubt will get less for him if he is out of contract leaving him with a potentially larger signing on fee.

Jay Williams was offered £200 pw, if Caleb was offered anywhere around that mark no wonder he didnt sign a contract
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #227 on: January 04, 2021, 19:26:16 pm »

Jay Williams was offered £200 pw, if Caleb was offered anywhere around that mark no wonder he didnt sign a contract
FFS We really are tin pot from top to bottom, good old Kelvin under promise and under deliver the sooner he’s gone the better.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 04, 2021, 19:37:08 pm »

Jay Williams offered £200 pw? How reliable is the source of this information?.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 04, 2021, 21:47:02 pm »

Caleb is only 18 years old.....I wouldn't have said the offer would be as low as £200 per week, but I wouldn't think that it would be that much higher either.

Prospect he may be, but he's only started one league game, and lower league clubs never pay "prospects" a lot of money if they're not in the starting line up......

Short-term we're much more likely to want to cash in, even if its only 100k we get for him that money will be seen as far more important than maybe having a good saleable player on our books in two years time.
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #230 on: January 05, 2021, 06:50:29 am »

Caleb is only 18 years old.....I wouldn't have said the offer would be as low as £200 per week, but I wouldn't think that it would be that much higher either.

Prospect he may be, but he's only started one league game, and lower league clubs never pay "prospects" a lot of money if they're not in the starting line up......

Short-term we're much more likely to want to cash in, even if its only 100k we get for him that money will be seen as far more important than maybe having a good saleable player on our books in two years time.
I think this sums up the mindset of our owners in a nutshell.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #231 on: January 05, 2021, 08:01:40 am »

It sounds like he has already packed his bags!
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2021, 11:33:25 am »

I don't think coparing Caleb to Jay Williams is at all relevant as they are travelling in opposite directions. Jay has dropped 3 rungs down the ladder and is now at Kettering whereas Caleb will be moving up. Who knows how much we have offered him?, but it will not be as much as an established first team player and no doubt he will get better offers from bigger clubs.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2021, 12:07:32 pm »

I would imagine KC would have a lot of impact on how much we offer Caleb, if Curle sees him as an important player going forward then it makes sense for the club to make him a reasonable offer as he would be a big asset as opposed to the peanuts we would get if he leaves at the end of the season.
Report Spam   Logged
JeanGenie

View Profile
Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #234 on: January 05, 2021, 12:16:15 pm »

I'm hearing Chris Lines has signed on loan to Stevenage...
Report Spam   Logged
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2021, 12:21:36 pm »

Yep looks like the Stevenage website went early by accident
1 of 3 signings for them with Matty Stevens and Luke Norris

Nice bloke, was ok last year but we can use that squad spot better at his age
Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
guest2995

« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2021, 12:22:21 pm »

would you take £300k for Caleb right now if it was offered ?
i think i would
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2021, 12:25:18 pm »

There is a screenshot on Facebook which looks to be from their official site, however the article is (no longer) not on the site!! Nothing from our end yet.
Report Spam   Logged

Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2021, 12:25:59 pm »

That’s 3 very decent players for league 2 - didn’t they get the memo that the season’s not going to end?
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2021, 12:34:01 pm »

Yeah, it's official. I wonder if that's enough to keep Holmes, or whether we need a few more spaces first.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: