The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:35:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Year 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Year 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 74303 times)
Irchy cob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #380 on: January 13, 2021, 08:09:21 am »

Looks like Ryan Edmondson from Leeds is incoming today on loan!

I hope he’s good at creating something out of nothing as he’s not going to get any service.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #381 on: January 13, 2021, 09:18:45 am »

I hope he’s good at creating something out of nothing as he’s not going to get any service.

Bit judgemental?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #382 on: January 13, 2021, 09:22:29 am »

I think this season’s struggles were inevitable after the summers recruitment, it’s easy to speak with hindsight but I was one of many at the time who wasn’t impressed with the standard of players coming in and also the make up of the squad knowing the way KC play. This is opinion but I’m not convinced the budget is one of the lowest few in the division not forgetting fees were also payed for players. I also think an odd player and a few tweaks can complete change a team, you just need to look at the end of last season when we went from a bang average team to one who steamrolled over other top teams.

We didnt stamroller teams apart from Cheltenham 2nd and Exeter the rest was dire and we were on a downward spiral
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #383 on: January 13, 2021, 09:22:56 am »

He fits KC’s strategy to signing players who showed promise in the past but things haven’t been working out for lately, he’s had some injuries and a poor loan that Aberdeen cut short. From what I’ve read definitely doesn’t seem to be the tricky pacy type player ST talked about signing.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 13, 2021, 09:25:24 am »

Bit judgemental?

When you consider how many goals we’ve scored this season and how many blanks we’ve recorded especially at home I don’t think it’s particularly judgmental.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 13, 2021, 09:44:18 am »

He fits KC’s strategy to signing players who showed promise in the past but things haven’t been working out for lately, he’s had some injuries and a poor loan that Aberdeen cut short. From what I’ve read definitely doesn’t seem to be the tricky pacy type player ST talked about signing.

I must admit I thought the same - looking on YouTube (that most reliable of sources) he looks like quite a big, bustling type of striker which is very similar to what we already have in Smith, Ashley Seal, Chukwemeka and Rose (to a degree).
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #386 on: January 13, 2021, 09:55:18 am »

I must admit I thought the same - looking on YouTube (that most reliable of sources) he looks like quite a big, bustling type of striker which is very similar to what we already have in Smith, Ashley Seal, Chukwemeka and Rose (to a degree).

Does it look like he can play wing back?
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 13, 2021, 09:57:04 am »

We didnt stamroller teams apart from Cheltenham 2nd and Exeter the rest was dire and we were on a downward spiral

That was point we went from looking bang average to leagues apart from Cheltenham & Exeter. You could argue those 2 matches were a flash in the pan, but that’s not my gut feeling, there were signs in the first leg where we wasted a number of chances but it was almost like a switch was flicked and we knew we could bully anyone. I would have loved to have seen how this side could have done if kept together.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #388 on: January 13, 2021, 10:22:04 am »

any striker in this current set up will have to be completely self sufficient .
He will have to chase down his own opportunities , feed off scraps , hint half chances and bully defenders .
This is exactly what Moreton did and Marquis before him under a different regime.
Any player expecting crosses and neat threaded balls to score from will fail .
There isn’t even a target man to play off because Smith is not up to standard .
It will be a tough job .
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #389 on: January 13, 2021, 10:55:41 am »

That was point we went from looking bang average to leagues apart from Cheltenham & Exeter. You could argue those 2 matches were a flash in the pan, but that’s not my gut feeling, there were signs in the first leg where we wasted a number of chances but it was almost like a switch was flicked and we knew we could bully anyone. I would have loved to have seen how this side could have done if kept together.

I still think we were good value for money in the first leg against Cheltenham. Yes, we lost but we didn't play at all badly and their keeper had a blinder. I think that game should be filed under "one of those days".

Either way, we were mostly sh1t prior to the playoffs and have been mostly sh1t since! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #390 on: January 13, 2021, 11:21:09 am »

This Ryan Edmondson rumour has gathered pace

Few places saying they expect him to sign today

Anyone seen much of him play?

Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
guest2995

« Reply #391 on: January 13, 2021, 11:21:40 am »

I still think we were good value for money in the first leg against Cheltenham. Yes, we lost but we didn't play at all badly and their keeper had a blinder. I think that game should be filed under "one of those days".

Either way, we were mostly sh1t prior to the playoffs and have been mostly sh1t since! Grin
agreed .
Defensively and from set pieces , we were very good last season. Plus our aggression when Oliver , Goode and Macca were playing was intimidating .
When we could play the high pressing game and everyone was fit , we were ok but it was no coincidence this only really happened in the last 2 games when the players had been rested because that sort of approach is non sustainable through a whole season with ageing players .
We were dire going forward and terrible retaining the ball last season overall .
This season it’s worst and we have none of the attributes mentioned above remaining .
it’s a disaster quite honestly and it sits with the manager .
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #392 on: January 13, 2021, 11:54:03 am »

Indeed it does sit with Mr Curle, you only have to take a look at this season when we are chasing a game, he takes off the likes of Adams and Marshall and puts on more strikers, BAS and Chucks, Where is the supply coming form when you take off your creative players?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #393 on: January 13, 2021, 12:18:31 pm »

There is a twitter rumour from a lower league reporter suggesting that some L1/L2/SPL teams after Harry Smith. The tweet suggests we are looking to cash in to strengthen the team.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2021, 12:27:50 pm »

Indeed it does sit with Mr Curle, you only have to take a look at this season when we are chasing a game, he takes off the likes of Adams and Marshall and puts on more strikers, BAS and Chucks, Where is the supply coming form when you take off your creative players?

I really think this shows a level of tactical naivety. It's fine in stoppage time when the opponent is camping in their own box and you wnat to flood the box at set peices ect, but when you are not creating any chances it does not work.

Replacing creative players with strikers will make the problem worse. 
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2021, 12:28:42 pm »

Mr Happy says we may be doomed Evil

Why are you so anti club; it appears to go back a long time?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 13, 2021, 12:38:39 pm »

There is a twitter rumour from a lower league reporter suggesting that some L1/L2/SPL teams after Harry Smith. The tweet suggests we are looking to cash in to strengthen the team.

Really!?
Report Spam   Logged
Maycock91

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2021, 12:57:13 pm »

Hi guys, I’m a Leeds fan but live in northants so always look out for cobblers Ryan would be a quality player his a unit as well I’d say an upgrade from a vadaine Oliver type of striker scored bags of goals for the under 23s hopefully he will bang in as many as moreton did!
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #398 on: January 13, 2021, 13:33:38 pm »

ST has said that we are after attacking players with "pace and guile", I hope we get them. It is not surprising that we have scored the fewest goals in division 1 as all season we have lacked creativity. I don't think the MK keeper will have an easier game all season as we never threatened his goal and we have registered too many blanks already.
When we have scored it has often not been through our own good play. Take the Gillingham game, our first goal was from a penalty when their defender had a rush of blood and fouled Rose in a position that was unlikely to lead to a goal and the third goal was a fluke when Sheehan's free kick evaded everybody. The second goal was created by BAS's surge into the box and their keeper parrying the ball to Rose. So only 1 of the 3 was a created goal. The so called creative players have so far been disappointing.
We always look better with Sheehan in the side and with McWilliams's ball winning midfield play but as well as the attacking players we need a ball playing midfielder who can dictate play  and open up defences.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #399 on: January 13, 2021, 13:54:32 pm »

I think we can put that one to bed straight away.

Nobody in their right mind would have watched Smith over the last couple of years and thought he's worth a contract.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: