The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 06:43:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Year 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Year 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 75386 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #800 on: February 01, 2021, 21:50:42 pm »

Christopher is also a good age. We want players with the ambition, hunger and desire to progress and he is very much in that bracket while also having a good amount of experience. He has played a lot of games over the last two years.

"He has always impressed us when we have watched him and we are delighted to welcome him to Northampton Town."

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

6 months is a long time in Curle world!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 01, 2021, 21:54:17 pm »

Dons have slashed out on Will Grigg!

Grigg is reported to be on £6,000 a week and MK will pay 25% of his wages during the loan spell.

To me that's not bad business!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #802 on: February 01, 2021, 21:58:48 pm »

Grigg is reported to be on £6,000 a week and MK will pay 25% of his wages during the loan spell.

I really really dislike MK Dons.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 01, 2021, 22:10:56 pm »

Reported to be on £14,000 a week at Sunderland!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 01, 2021, 22:12:34 pm »

Reported to be on £14,000 a week at Sunderland!
Nugent gone to Tranny on loan from PNE.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #805 on: February 01, 2021, 22:14:36 pm »

Missilou to Swindon.

That’s a shame, he wasn’t bad.

With McWilliams, Morris, Sowerby & Watson already ahead of him and fighting for 2/3 places he was clearly unlikely to get much if any game time for the rest of the season before being released. It makes sense for him when this summer it is likely to be tough to get a new club to get game time, just surprised Marshall in a similar position also didn’t leave.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #806 on: February 01, 2021, 22:18:12 pm »

Looking at the squad now, if we were to pick up and injury or two in defence, wingback or central midfield we would be absolutely screwed.

Curle must have free agents lined up. He must do. No sensible manager would allow the squad to become this thin in a relegation battle?!
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #807 on: February 02, 2021, 00:35:19 am »

Nugent gone to Tranny on loan from PNE.

The amount of people who are transitioning. It's truly shocking! Will he still be allowed to play in the men's league?  Tongue Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #808 on: February 02, 2021, 07:50:51 am »

Missilou to Swindon.

That’s a shame, he wasn’t bad.
It’s a great move, it makes Swindon weaker
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #809 on: February 02, 2021, 07:52:01 am »

The amount of people who are transitioning. It's truly shocking! Will he still be allowed to play in the men's league?  Tongue Wink
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #810 on: February 02, 2021, 08:20:52 am »

Small point but I don't think trannys transition they just tend to get dressed up at the weekend, so once on the field shouldn't be a problem?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 02, 2021, 09:05:06 am »

Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: February 02, 2021, 09:13:25 am »

People on here are moaning about a small squad when 22 players is the limit for all clubs. That's nobody's fault and makes it inevitable that there won't be a lot of cover in every position. I think KC has been brave in this window and has achieved much more than I expected. I personally was hoping Smith, Adams, Lines and Martin would all move on, but I didn't think KC would want to move players on that he'd signed and thus basically admitt he'd made mistakes (I was wrong) and even if he did I thought we wouldn't be able to get rid of all of them (I was wrong again).

Miller, Morris and Kioso in particular already look like improvements on those players who've gone. Obviously we'll see in the coming weeks how much of a difference the new signings make, but I think KC deserves some credit for what looks like some pretty astute business over the last month.

I've been critical of him over the last couple of months due to some very poor tactics and performances, but I like the fact he does (eventually) react and see when things aren't working and is willing to make changes. Other managers (Boothroyd, Page and JED spring to mind) just carried on and on the same way. KC will not often admitt he's made a mistake or criticise individual players, but he clearly sees when things aren't working and is willing to act on it, within whatever budget constraints he has. While I'm sure there will be some dour encounters between now and the end of the season, I'm certainly more optimistic about our chances of staying up and seeing a slightly better brand of football. Our possession stats have reached the dizzy heights of 40% in a couple of matches recently and that's got to be progress.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #813 on: February 02, 2021, 10:17:38 am »

People on here are moaning about a small squad when 22 players is the limit for all clubs. That's nobody's fault and makes it inevitable that there won't be a lot of cover in every position. I think KC has been brave in this window and has achieved much more than I expected. I personally was hoping Smith, Adams, Lines and Martin would all move on, but I didn't think KC would want to move players on that he'd signed and thus basically admitt he'd made mistakes (I was wrong) and even if he did I thought we wouldn't be able to get rid of all of them (I was wrong again).

Miller, Morris and Kioso in particular already look like improvements on those players who've gone. Obviously we'll see in the coming weeks how much of a difference the new signings make, but I think KC deserves some credit for what looks like some pretty astute business over the last month.

I've been critical of him over the last couple of months due to some very poor tactics and performances, but I like the fact he does (eventually) react and see when things aren't working and is willing to make changes. Other managers (Boothroyd, Page and JED spring to mind) just carried on and on the same way. KC will not often admitt he's made a mistake or criticise individual players, but he clearly sees when things aren't working and is willing to act on it, within whatever budget constraints he has. While I'm sure there will be some dour encounters between now and the end of the season, I'm certainly more optimistic about our chances of staying up and seeing a slightly better brand of football. Our possession stats have reached the dizzy heights of 40% in a couple of matches recently and that's got to be progress.

But our squad is currently 18 players over 21, that's 4 short. The rest are youngsters from the academy or players with little experience.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #814 on: February 02, 2021, 10:47:39 am »

I don't disagree with you about it being a positive thing that Curle is starting to be open to change. He's shipped out the right players and the additions all look good so far.

But as Teachers Pet says, we've got 18 players over the 21 y/o mark. That is only enough 'senior' players to make up a matchday squad.

Let's look at those aged 21 and under in the squad (as per the first team on the official site): Dylan Berry, Max Dyche, Josh Flanagan, Morgan Roberts, Liam Cross, Caleb Chukwuemeka, and Ethan Johnston. Whilst it is positive to see lots of academy players in there, realistically only Chukwuemeka is ready to play on a regular basis. And he cannot get into the side as where he plays is the only area of the pitch where we have surplus cover.

The issue is that not enough players have come in. 7 player have left in January (8 if you include Nuttall), with only 4 coming in.

Look at centre back options: Bolger, Jones, Sheehan, Horsfall - Four players, one of which is very injury prone. Another injury or two and we're in trouble.

Left back / wing back: Mills - Another injury to him and the balance of the team goes out of the window again. If Adams and Martin were cover, why has no-one been brought in to provide cover/competition?

Centre midfield: Sowerby, McWilliams, Morris, Watson - This area looks strong with three of these starting, but an injury to Sowerby means we have no replacement option from the bench now. The sooner Pollock (who I think is a talented player) can get back to being fit enough for a cameo off the bench, the better. But even so, should we not have brought in one more given the number of games are coming up? Injuries will be inevitable.

As it stands we are playing a dangerous game with lack of cover in these positions. I just hope KC and his team know of suitable options that are unattached.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 10:50:35 am by OCoole » Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #815 on: February 02, 2021, 11:17:41 am »

Dont panic guys, the boss has said he is looking at players that are unattached.
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 02, 2021, 11:24:56 am »

Very good post Madrid.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #817 on: February 02, 2021, 11:52:19 am »

Obviously Edmondson and Kioso aren’t included in the 18 but are both more than ready to play.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #818 on: February 02, 2021, 11:57:58 am »

I don't disagree with you about it being a positive thing that Curle is starting to be open to change. He's shipped out the right players and the additions all look good so far.

But as Teachers Pet says, we've got 18 players over the 21 y/o mark. That is only enough 'senior' players to make up a matchday squad.

Let's look at those aged 21 and under in the squad (as per the first team on the official site): Dylan Berry, Max Dyche, Josh Flanagan, Morgan Roberts, Liam Cross, Caleb Chukwuemeka, and Ethan Johnston. Whilst it is positive to see lots of academy players in there, realistically only Chukwuemeka is ready to play on a regular basis. And he cannot get into the side as where he plays is the only area of the pitch where we have surplus cover.

The issue is that not enough players have come in. 7 player have left in January (8 if you include Nuttall), with only 4 coming in.

Look at centre back options: Bolger, Jones, Sheehan, Horsfall - Four players, one of which is very injury prone. Another injury or two and we're in trouble.

Left back / wing back: Mills - Another injury to him and the balance of the team goes out of the window again. If Adams and Martin were cover, why has no-one been brought in to provide cover/competition?

Centre midfield: Sowerby, McWilliams, Morris, Watson - This area looks strong with three of these starting, but an injury to Sowerby means we have no replacement option from the bench now. The sooner Pollock (who I think is a talented player) can get back to being fit enough for a cameo off the bench, the better. But even so, should we not have brought in one more given the number of games are coming up? Injuries will be inevitable.

As it stands we are playing a dangerous game with lack of cover in these positions. I just hope KC and his team know of suitable options that are unattached.

Pointless to worry too much about possible potential problems. Curle has decided to move on a few players who are unlikely to have much game time on match days. Perhaps Teacher can do a more in-depth study of player alternating in various positions for instance Marshall, Hoskins and Rose? Some views appear to be optimistic for example Pollock who has played very little to justify a label of highly promising. Only an extended run of matches can we actually determine his true ability! To me he appears to be too injury prone to become an established League One player?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 12:13:59 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #819 on: February 02, 2021, 11:58:14 am »

Did we receive a fee for Missilou as the transfer was reported on teletext as undisclosed?.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: