The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:23:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Year 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Year 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 74299 times)
west stand oap

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #880 on: February 18, 2021, 11:54:09 am »

Would not want Morias back, he did not do well after he left us in the Scottish league and now finds himself back where he started in the lower leagues.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #881 on: February 18, 2021, 13:00:54 pm »

Decently long list of free agent strikers available although it sure how up to date this is...

I cant see anyone realistic on that list under 33 with any sort of pedigree.

Unpopular opinion but I think the last thing we need is more strikers. KC banked on Smith and it didn't work, every other forward has been chopped and changed.
Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #882 on: February 18, 2021, 13:13:14 pm »

Cannot agree with that.

Okay maybe not Cody mac, but let's be honest I wouldn't take much to better what we have.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #883 on: February 18, 2021, 13:16:12 pm »

I have never heard of a lot of them. And quite a high percentage have not had a club for two or three years. Not really what we need at the moment?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #884 on: February 18, 2021, 13:32:16 pm »

Don't think either Brady or a new manager will be bringing anyone else in tbh...

Also, it will take them weeks to get match fit (then probably get injured in their first match anyway!) so what's the point?

I'd certainly rather the management try to get a tune out of our current strikers, than someone like Cody McDonald!

Perhaps it's time for the likes of Chuks & BAS to stand up (literally in the case of BAS!  Grin) and come to the fore

Shame Pollock is still not fit as he'd really suit the new style Brady is trying to implement.

We'll obviously be a lot stronger if/when Sheehan & Miller return too
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #885 on: February 18, 2021, 13:37:55 pm »

I would definitely give Miller a go up front with Rose.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #886 on: February 18, 2021, 13:58:47 pm »

I would definitely give Miller a go up front with Rose.

injured
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 18, 2021, 14:10:32 pm »

He will be back for the 27th according to JB?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #888 on: February 18, 2021, 14:26:27 pm »

I see Harry came off the bench and nearly scored a dramatic last minute equaliser against Celtic - cleared off the line.
Maybe we need to get him back for this big week we’ve got coming up ??!!
No, please no. We already have much better players who NEARLY scored.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 18, 2021, 14:28:04 pm »

Probably similar to what the majority on this board would write if they didn't think that the minority would attack/criticise it... Wink
Anyone in particular?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 18, 2021, 14:29:52 pm »

Don't think either Brady or a new manager will be bringing anyone else in tbh...

Also, it will take them weeks to get match fit (then probably get injured in their first match anyway!) so what's the point?

I'd certainly rather the management try to get a tune out of our current strikers, than someone like Cody McDonald!

Perhaps it's time for the likes of Chuks & BAS to stand up (literally in the case of BAS!  Grin) and come to the fore

Shame Pollock is still not fit as he'd really suit the new style Brady is trying to implement.

We'll obviously be a lot stronger if/when Sheehan & Miller return too

I may be in the minority, but I think that when set up right there are goals in this team. We showed signs the other night, and once we manage to hit the back of the net I think it will take the pressure off and players will find their scoring boots. The main reason we have looked so awful up front is because of how Curle set the team up, and I remain optimistic that things will change. This weekend could prove significant as a guide to our immediate future.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 18, 2021, 14:32:42 pm »

After yesterday’s mix up you seem right!  Due to iFollow camera angle I originally thought it was unintentional but most of their players appealed for a back pass! More to the point was the defending on the line which has not attracted too much comment.
I agree, holding back nearer the goal line might have worked better as soon as they saw that the strike was low on the ground.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #892 on: February 18, 2021, 15:00:34 pm »

I may be in the minority, but I think that when set up right there are goals in this team. We showed signs the other night, and once we manage to hit the back of the net I think it will take the pressure off and players will find their scoring boots. The main reason we have looked so awful up front is because of how Curle set the team up, and I remain optimistic that things will change. This weekend could prove significant as a guide to our immediate future.

I really don’t see it, I said at the start of the season that I don’t see goals is this squad and sadly I was right. I do think we can improve a lot from where we are now but with the current squad goals are always going to be an issue.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3386

« Reply #893 on: February 18, 2021, 15:05:09 pm »

I have never heard of a lot of them. And quite a high percentage have not had a club for two or three years. Not really what we need at the moment?

You have never heard of Daniel Sturridge Huh??
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #894 on: February 18, 2021, 16:02:49 pm »

You have never heard of Daniel Sturridge Huh??

He said a lot of them, and if you think Daniel Sturridge is even worth discussing then I will have some of what you have been smoking  Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 18, 2021, 19:15:19 pm »

Miller has never scored in the efl. 49 goals in 146 appearances for Carshalton and 8 goals in 58 appearances for Hamilton Accies.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 18, 2021, 19:38:45 pm »

Miller has never scored in the efl. 49 goals in 146 appearances for Carshalton and 8 goals in 58 appearances for Hamilton Accies.
He should fit in well then  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #897 on: February 18, 2021, 19:43:31 pm »

Sounds a lot like you are writing him off before you've seen him play a full game?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 18, 2021, 19:58:12 pm »

Not writing him off, just stating a fact. I think he is a good signing and will do well for us, his brief appearance at Lincoln was encouraging.
As Brady says being a left sided player he will bring balance to the attack, now I wonder who he might replace?.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #899 on: February 18, 2021, 20:05:41 pm »

Not writing him off, just stating a fact. I think he is a good signing and will do well for us, his brief appearance at Lincoln was encouraging.
As Brady says being a left sided player he will bring balance to the attack, now I wonder who he might replace?.

Hoskins needs to be dropped for the next game in my opinion. He looked half-hearted against Ipswich and gave the ball away too often. I think part of it is him being in the team for so long, subconsciously he might have become a little complacent.

And that's not even considering the technical ability of Miller vs Hoskins, where I'd argue the former is stronger.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: