The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:44:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Away at the Alex 12.12.20

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Away at the Alex 12.12.20  (Read 9152 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2020, 16:48:05 pm »

Contentious defeat? What in that the goal came so late on? How about the three saves Arnold made or the two occasions when they hit the woodwork? A deserved defeat would be more of an apt description.

No agenda...... you are right in that I can't wait to see the demise of the Club management, the single most boring Manager (in my opinion) in my time watching the Cobblers.

As for the chief benefactor? Who is he? And the Chairman full of promises but short on delivery whilst marooned in the US.....

I respect most counter opinions.....just not yours!! I don't give a flying **** what your personal opinion of me is........sorry to disappoint!

Not disappointed at all; so apologies for disappointing you:Smiley. Anybody who challenges your misplaced abusive comments is subject to the same personal abuse. You seem to think; judging by recent comments that you speak for the majority of Cobblers' support but far from it.  Your worst nightmare is that KC keeps us in League 1 which to the majority of fans is the aim. Not for you tho' Cry
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2020, 16:52:55 pm »

Said without a gram of self awareness
Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2020, 16:54:28 pm »

Sorry but Martin has already started to dive in to that tackle before he gets the shove in the back - the shove maybe causes his studs to go higher than they otherwise would have done, but still a mistimed, high challenge and one that if it were made on our player, you'd be screaming for at least a yellow.

Don't know what you're talking about here. I'm referring to him being scythed down from behind, not shoved in the back. It's on ifollow. Just watch it and you'll see.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2020, 17:10:46 pm »

Everbrite, there was nothing contentious about the defeat, they could have and should have had many more. Suggest you look up the definition of the word ‘contentious’. What was slightly debatable was Martin’s sending off but we were already on the back foot.

Contentious :

adjective

causing or likely to cause an argument; controversial.
"a contentious issue".

Example : the sending off of Martin! Some supporters on here query it.

I used the adjective to describe the reaction on here! Some of it OTT don't you think!

ps Another thing I thought that from a defensive point of view they played well until the 94th.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 17:15:48 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2020, 17:11:57 pm »

I’m not convinced there’s a single player we’ve signed since getting promotion that I’d be disappointed if they left.

Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2020, 17:19:55 pm »

I’m not convinced there’s a single player we’ve signed since getting promotion that I’d be disappointed if they left.

Not even the SEAL!?

Korboa has been good also...
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2020, 17:21:28 pm »

Not disappointed at all; so apologies for disappointing you:Smiley. Anybody who challenges your misplaced (in your opinion) abusive (in your opinion) comments is subject to the same personal abuse (No, I just save that for you). You seem to think; judging by recent comments that you speak for the majority of Cobblers' support (I think you're getting me mixed up with you) but far from it.  Your worst nightmare(my worst nightmare? Seriously? You have no f*cking idea) is that KC keeps us in League 1 which to the majority of fans (is it? The majority of fans? Says who? Or is this your opinion too?) is the aim. Not for you tho' Cry
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2020, 17:22:12 pm »

The defeat was expected. The manner of the defeat was also expected. Parking the bus for 80 minutes was expected.

Getting booked for time wasting after 20 minutes though!?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2020, 17:26:28 pm »

Not even the SEAL!?

Korboa has been good also...

Seal? With his cameo appearances off the bench? And now Korboa who doesn't make the matchday 18?

Poor poor recruitment (in my opinion), but recruitment of players in the mould that Curle wants to have in his squad, and that's the problem (in my opinion)
Report Spam   Logged

Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2020, 17:32:46 pm »

Seal? With his cameo appearances off the bench? And now Korboa who doesn't make the matchday 18?

Poor poor recruitment (in my opinion), but recruitment of players in the mould that Curle wants to have in his squad, and that's the problem (in my opinion)

But they have the right character. That’s all we need to survive in this league.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2020, 17:35:45 pm »

Completely expected performance but still, somehow, disappointed. That is our life under Curle. How does he enjoy a job that produces such negativity?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2020, 17:37:01 pm »

But they have the right character. That’s all we need to survive in this league.

Do they buy into the vision? Do they know their roles? Do they have the right DNA? Are they part of the fabric?

If the answer to all those is yes then we'll be fine i'm sure.......
Report Spam   Logged

west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2020, 17:42:13 pm »

Oh dear! - No change at Crewe.
Report Spam   Logged
observer1

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2020, 18:03:12 pm »

Never thought the day would come that I find myself envious of Crewe fans, but watching the creativity and smart thinking from their forwards those last 20 minutes or so in particular as they burst forward with purpose time and time again certainly conjured those feelings. They really did move the ball well and were unlucky not to score a few more goals on the day. I can't remember the last time we battered an opposition like that, yet we seem to suffer spells like that nearly every week.

Ultimately today's defeat comes down to the naivety of the manager. Our plan A (B, C & D) of hoof the ball to Smith doesn't work 90% of the time but it's still always the preferred option no matter what, regardless of the opposition or Smith's form. Even goals and other events during the match don't seem to change Keith's thinking. We're 1-0 up away at a dangerous Crewe side early in the match and yet we don't think to change it and try and keep the ball for a bit, get a passing game going?

No, instead we have to suffer embarrassingly slow goal kicks from Arnold that eventually go out for another kick at the other end half the time. Even on the rare occasion Smith does get on the end of one of these long balls, the opposition tends to win the ball back pretty much immediately. All the while they are growing in confidence as they see how one dimensional we are as a team, and the pressure just builds and builds until eventually we make the inevitable mistake and someone's left totally unmarked to convert the predictable equaliser.

The rights and wrongs of the Joe Martin red card can be debated but what's the point? The same thing happened only a few weeks ago. He shouldn't be starting matches at this level and only is because of poor business in the summer, another triumph of Keith's leadership. But in truth I think we probably would have lost anyway, the pattern of that second half had already been set and we'd likely have succumbed another way.

All in all, a thoroughly poor game of football from an NTFC perspective. Positives? Holmes getting his first goal back was lovely to see. And Hoskins did incredibly well to get back to prevent a certain goal near the end. Sadly neither of which mattered that much in the end. Thought Sowerby did quite well, one our better players for me despite not being favoured by the manager's way of playing. But yeah, pretty grim otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 18:07:41 pm by observer1 » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2020, 18:16:30 pm »

Not disappointed at all; so apologies for disappointing you:Smiley. Anybody who challenges your misplaced (in your opinion) abusive (in your opinion) comments is subject to the same personal abuse (No, I just save that for you). You seem to think; judging by recent comments that you speak for the majority of Cobblers' support (I think you're getting me mixed up with you) but far from it.  Your worst nightmare(my worst nightmare? Seriously? You have no f*cking idea) is that KC keeps us in League 1 which to the majority of fans (is it? The majority of fans? Says who? Or is this your opinion too?) is the aim. Not for you tho' Cry

I do not come on here to relish a Cobblers defeat. The sending off of Martin appeared under the circumstances to be somewhat unjust and contributed to the ultimate defeat. You deny you have an agenda regarding current tactics, style and current management. Yet this is a current theme of yours almost from time immemorial; even to the extent that you preferred to just 'watching away games'! Had we won or even drawn today you would still be in front of the queue with your dismal agenda. The loss today was deserved; the better team won in the end. Even the booking of Martin for time-wasting was pointless as it was silly. Any poor Cobblers result to you is manna from heaven to further your diatribe against KC/KT.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 18:28:45 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest3086

« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2020, 18:39:51 pm »

Shaquille O'Neal will be beside himself over this performance.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2020, 18:58:06 pm »

I do not come on here to relish a Cobblers defeat. The sending off of Martin appeared under the circumstances to be somewhat unjust and contributed to the ultimate defeat. You deny you have an agenda regarding current tactics, style and current management. Yet this is a current theme of yours almost from time immemorial; even to the extent that you preferred to just 'watching away games'! Had we won or even drawn today you would still be in front of the queue with your dismal agenda. The loss today was deserved; the better team won in the end. Even the booking of Martin for time-wasting was pointless as it was silly. Any poor Cobblers result to you is manna from heaven to further your diatribe against KC/KT.

Yawn
Report Spam   Logged

Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2020, 19:23:52 pm »

Never thought the day would come that I find myself envious of Crewe fans,
Even when they were in the Championship and we were in League 2?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2020, 19:30:59 pm »

Even when they were in the Championship and we were in League 2?

This is true!! They've had a production line of young talent for years, made good money, and have tried to play attractive passing football for all that time....they go up the leagues, they go down the leagues, but I bet its never as boring as it is for us right now!
Report Spam   Logged

Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2020, 19:35:51 pm »

What is stupid, is that despite it being god awful football, on two occasions now it's been very close to being able to pull off completely unjustified results, against Crewe and Rochdale.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: