The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:24:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Oxford United away Tuesday night 15/12/20

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oxford United away Tuesday night 15/12/20  (Read 10011 times)
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #200 on: December 16, 2020, 19:56:33 pm »

Didn't back yourself with hard cash then?
Just like you won't back up your opinions by asking the one man who has the answers, KT?

Remember, you have to speculate to accumulate  Smiley Smiley
It’s not up to any fan to have to constantly ask questions for the last four years
It’s like Groundhog Day
We had all this having to ask questions with DC

How about some update for the fans without them having to chase around for answers....

The main one that I’m waiting to hear is the explanation as to why when the council have allowed KT to start his redevelopment has there been zero progress.

Even the most ardent supporter must be starting to realise that the lack of work is a bit strange....

As an aside
Did the Peterborough fans have to question darragh mcanthony at posh every couple of months for years on end to get their new stand built or did he just get on with it , spend the money and get it built?

Did the saints fans have to question the owners over progress every couple of months to get their new stand built or did they just get on with it , spend the money and get it done?

Did Brentford fans have to question their owners every couple of months to get an entire stadium built from scratch or did they get on with it , spend the cash and get it done?

All of these were started long after our fabled redevelopment that has gone on approaching a decade under two chairman who still haven’t started!!!

As I understand it am I right in saying the council have given permission for work to start months ago?

All I’m showing here is how others have got things done whilst we haven’t started.

I assume it’s ok to feel a little frustrated at the situation?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #201 on: December 16, 2020, 20:06:31 pm »

Quote from: everbrite link=topic=1982es3.msg423333#msg423333 date=1608151398
Romany shut some ago - it was quite popular in its time!
The Billy was the best pub ever in the eighties. I have seen flame throwers. people bringing their pet ducks in, cross dressers, sow many bikes being parked outside, pushbikes outside, fantastic bands, And do you know what? I Felt safe. And enjoyed myself
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #202 on: December 16, 2020, 20:32:34 pm »

I remember entering the billy some 25 years ago when myself and some friends were on a pub crawl.
We entered with some trepidation but again once inside you felt safe enough.
It wasn’t particularly my scene but it felt like a badge of honour going in and coming out in one bit
To be fair everyone there was friendly.
It actually felt more dangerous in saddlers or the racehorse.

I went on a fair few pub crawls up the welly road and despite being well pissed never had any trouble but I wasn’t looking for any and myself and my friends always had a good night out when up the welly road....

I did however once get thrown out of Glenvilles when it was easier to get thrown in there.
I was very tipsy and it was a early summers evening
The club had big blackout curtains and as I fell over I grabbed one to soften the fall but ended up pulling it down and as it was summer it lit the club up like someone had turned a light on.

I was soon out on my arse Grin

I remember one of the bouncers was a large black lady (I assume I can still say that)
She was a top lass but didn’t take any s*** !!!

Happy memories

What this has to do with the future of KC I don’t know but it feels good to reminisce. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #203 on: December 16, 2020, 20:33:14 pm »

It’s not up to any fan to have to constantly ask questions for the last four years
It’s like Groundhog Day
We had all this having to ask questions with DC

How about some update for the fans without them having to chase around for answers....

The main one that I’m waiting to hear is the explanation as to why when the council have allowed KT to start his redevelopment has there been zero progress.

Even the most ardent supporter must be starting to realise that the lack of work is a bit strange....

As an aside
Did the Peterborough fans have to question darragh mcanthony at posh every couple of months for years on end to get their new stand built or did he just get on with it , spend the money and get it built?

Did the saints fans have to question the owners over progress every couple of months to get their new stand built or did they just get on with it , spend the money and get it done?

Did Brentford fans have to question their owners every couple of months to get an entire stadium built from scratch or did they get on with it , spend the cash and get it done?

All of these were started long after our fabled redevelopment that has gone on approaching a decade under two chairman who still haven’t started!!!

As I understand it am I right in saying the council have given permission for work to start months ago?

All I’m showing here is how others have got things done whilst we haven’t started.

I assume it’s ok to feel a little frustrated at the situation?

We all feel the frustration!

The fans of those other teams didn't have to ask questions because their new stands were built, ours isn't and hence the questions.

You ask all the right questions but ask the wrong people, none of us on here can give the answers you crave. The delays may be because of leases, planning permission, logistics, covid or simply lack of funds, I don't know, who does?

At least try asking KT or NBC. Post their answers ( or lack of them ) on here. Maybe you'll lead a crusade.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2020, 20:42:25 pm »

I remember entering the billy some 25 years ago when myself and some friends were on a pub crawl.
We entered with some trepidation but again once inside you felt safe enough.
It wasn’t particularly my scene but it felt like a badge of honour going in and coming out in one bit
To be fair everyone there was friendly.
It actually felt more dangerous in saddlers or the racehorse.

I went on a fair few pub crawls up the welly road and despite being well pissed never had any trouble but I wasn’t looking for any and myself and my friends always had a good night out when up the welly road....

I did however once get thrown out of Glenvilles when it was easier to get thrown in there.
I was very tipsy and it was a early summers evening
The club had big blackout curtains and as I fell over I grabbed one to soften the fall but ended up pulling it down and as it was summer it lit the club up like someone had turned a light on.

I was soon out on my arse Grin

I remember one of the bouncers was a large black lady (I assume I can still say that)
She was a top lass but didn’t take any **** !!!

Happy memories

What this has to do with the future of KC I don’t know but it feels good to reminisce. Grin

We all need a lighter moment or two in these times of Covid pandemic and Cobblers polemic Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2020, 20:53:54 pm »

As an aside, I see that the  Romany, and the King Billy have shut their doors for good.
But neither of those sponsor the Cobblers or have any real connection...aside from the tenuous link of the King Billy being where Shrewsbury's EBF came under a sustained attack from the NAT!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 16, 2020, 20:58:09 pm »

Romany shut some ago - it was quite popular in its time!
As an aside #2 The Romany only closed last year!
Report Spam   Logged
JeanGenie

View Profile
Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2020, 22:20:29 pm »

*This year...
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2020, 22:51:05 pm »

*This year...

Can’t be correct - anyway who let you out the bottle  Wink

Ps Coolie never ever wrong ever!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2020, 23:28:35 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/business/northamptons-romany-pub-stands-empty-after-landlord-couple-lock-last-time-2906309

5 months ago.......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 17, 2020, 09:45:51 am »

But neither of those sponsor the Cobblers or have any real connection...aside from the tenuous link of the King Billy being where Shrewsbury's EBF came under a sustained attack from the NAT!  Wink
I was inside that night and the NAT never got past the door. Some big burly bikers saw to that. A few broken windows and that was it.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #211 on: December 17, 2020, 10:55:35 am »

Growing up around there in the early 80s you had 2 options before Syphilrella Cockyfellas opened on a Friday and Saturday night. That was The Romany or The Five Bells.”? Or for the connoisseur, both.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2020, 10:58:26 am »

Growing up around there in the early 80s you had 2 options before Syphilrella Cockyfellas opened on a Friday and Saturday night. That was The Romany or The Five Bells.”? Or for the connoisseur, both.
incidentally who remembers the almighty fracas in the Romany before the FA Cup game with Villa fans in 81?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2020, 11:43:41 am »

Does anybody know why there was a Rushden and Diamonds sign outside the Romany?
Surely they could find somewhere closer to home.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2020, 11:58:07 am »

Does anyone remember when after Northampton hosted It's a Knockout in the 70's, one of the cowboy/western chuck wagons, used for one of the races, was on top of the entrance to the Romany?  It was there for quite a while if I remember rightly?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 17, 2020, 14:15:42 pm »

Can’t be correct - anyway who let you out the bottle  Wink

Ps Coolie never ever wrong ever!
I actually thought around February of this year but hedging bets, went for late last year! So Jeanie correct I think!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 17, 2020, 14:18:29 pm »

I was inside that night and the NAT never got past the door. Some big burly bikers saw to that. A few broken windows and that was it.
If you were inside, your memory is deceiving you!
1. It wasn't night - around 5pm.
2. Certainly more than a few broken windows...a couple on both sides badly injured - but yes from glass!

Sure you were there???
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2020, 14:57:36 pm »

If you were inside, your memory is deceiving you!
1. It wasn't night - around 5pm.
2. Certainly more than a few broken windows...a couple on both sides badly injured - but yes from glass!

Sure you were there???
It was after 5 PM, as i had been to the game, and it would have taken a while to walk down there. Big Neil from the Lupus biking club wrapped his arms around the doors. And just stood there. Yes I was inside. And you never got in. Broken windows count for nothing. No further comment.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #218 on: December 17, 2020, 15:29:56 pm »

incidentally who remembers the almighty fracas in the Romany before the FA Cup game with Villa fans in 81?

Yes i was in there , every glass got broken that day, luckily the lounge was being converted into 'vardos' bar , and closed off, had to drink in the elephant that night , ironically with a Villa fan.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2020, 17:44:30 pm »

It was after 5 PM, as i had been to the game, and it would have taken a while to walk down there. Big Neil from the Lupus biking club wrapped his arms around the doors. And just stood there. Yes I was inside. And you never got in. Broken windows count for nothing. No further comment.
The lads involved on both sides were not at the game.
I will in my Sherlock Holmes (though Sheehan & Holmes preferable) role deduce, you were not there at time of event and missed it! Some hairy biker embellishing a story with his bottle of Hooch, and passing it around to any wide eyes in attendance!
No further comment!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: