The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:18:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Lin-Kun at Home 19December2020

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lin-Kun at Home 19December2020  (Read 11496 times)
guest3086

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2020, 19:25:29 pm »

+

Are you any of these?:
A. Under 7 years old.
B. Senile.
3. A complete and utter imbecile.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2020, 20:00:27 pm »

Are you any of these?:
A. Under 7 years old.
B. Senile.

2 outta three ain’t bad....
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2020, 20:04:58 pm »

Come on now cut Tony some slack  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2020, 20:36:54 pm »

If you can’t take the heat then you have to get out of the kitchen. Keith along with the Team have been over promoted. No one is forcing Keith to stay in the job, that is entirely his decision. I really think we will experience heavier defeats than today this season, these score lines have not been a surprise, it could have been 6 or 7 today. It’s the longer term damage this will create, ST holders not renewing etc
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #144 on: December 19, 2020, 20:59:04 pm »

Wasn't he agreeing with your post?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #145 on: December 19, 2020, 23:29:31 pm »

Where do you get this figure from ? Our playing staff wage bill was between £1.2M - £1.5M last season, I doubt if it will be as high this season as we got rid of the likes of Turnbull, because of what we were paying him. Ok we have other staff and various overheads but we sold nearly £1M worth of ST's
    Also, transfer fee's are included on the balance sheet, so there's another £1M. The £750,000 from the cup run will be on last years balance sheet. So we must be paying Adam Morton hell of a wage to lose that much this season.  
we lose a million a season, turnover 4 million and KT stated turnover is down 50% or there abouts?  The sale of Charlie Goode and the FA Cup run probably wouldn’t have covered last seasons losses given the amount of home games lost and the aforementioned fact we lose a million anyway? Taking aside cost of sales how much do you make it?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 23:51:05 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2020, 23:38:16 pm »

I love his comments in the Chron blaming "naive" defending. I think it is more a case of naive tactics and starting eleven selection my self.

For that first goal he was dead right
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2020, 23:46:08 pm »

Are you any of these?:
A. Under 7 years old.
B. Senile.

Look am not winding you up but did you go to school if so which one?  Just asking! All I did was show appreciation to a post by using the standard sign on here of appreciation. It not my fault you don't like the original post!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2020, 23:48:17 pm »

I appreciated your post shows your human after all Wink
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2020, 23:51:19 pm »

Wasn't he agreeing with your post?

Beginning to suspect that SOG and GPS are the same person. Explains a lot!
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2020, 00:22:31 am »

Beginning to suspect that SOG and GPS are the same person. Explains a lot!

GPS? Sounds like someone who knows where they’ve been, knows where they are, and knows where they’re going.....
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 20, 2020, 00:24:28 am »

I appreciated your post shows your human after all Wink

Are they any other life forms who can type messages and post on a messageboard then?
Report Spam   Logged

bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2020, 08:20:51 am »

People talking about a lack of effort are missing the point IMO: our problems are down to 1. tactical naivety and 2. poor recruitment.

The fact is that we went into a game against one of the best sides in the division with only three defensive-minded players: Bolger, Harriman and Horsfall (at a stretch you could include Missilou). Of these, one is a full back playing at centre back - a square-peg-in-a-round-hole compromise that has been made far too often this season. Our wing-backs are all wingers playing out of position and are being forced to defend to an extent which is uncomfortable to them. It’s very telling that Curle mentioned Mills recently, the only genuine wing back that we have in the squad.

A big part of the problem is Curle’s abysmal failure in the loan market this year. Last year we got crucial starters like Morton and Wharton; this year we’ve had Racic and Nuttall. Most teams in this league have at least one quality loanee in their starting X1, but we have none.

Personally I won’t be calling for his head yet. To some extent he’s been a victim of his unlikely success last year. However, I want to see some better tactical decision making and some strong Januar recruitment in defence and at wingback in a January.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2020, 08:30:23 am »

I agree with you Bungle but I don’t think Curle is accepting of the issues, he believes there wasn’t much between the teams! Until he acknowledges the extent of the issues nothing will change. In addition to the defensive issues we have no striking capacity either. Smith isn’t L1 standard, Seal is unproven, Rose tries but is unlikely to be prolific
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2020, 08:51:58 am »

In the past I've been critical of Horsefall and Bolger, but yesterday I began to feel sorry for them. Whatever formation Curle made them play, 3.1.4.2 Mills suggested at one point, those two were thrown under the bus for me.
Earlier in the season Calderwood reckoned Curle is as progressive a manager as any in the premier league. Maybe this is the problem, far from being tactically naive like Bungle suggests, he over complicates the way we try to play. If we are going to play hoofball let's play hoofball the same way each week so that the playere know what is being asked of them.
Alternatively hand it over to the players (Sheehan and Holmes, Sheehan and Homes...) and let them decide in which ways they feel most comfortable playing and which ways they think they can be most effective.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2020, 08:56:02 am »

we lose a million a season, turnover 4 million and KT stated turnover is down 50% or there abouts?  The sale of Charlie Goode and the FA Cup run probably wouldn’t have covered last seasons losses given the amount of home games lost and the aforementioned fact we lose a million anyway? Taking aside cost of sales how much do you make it?
Fcuking hell Melly you keep posting the same thing, we’ve been bailed out by the Prem £1m +as well no teams are going bust this season. FACT.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2020, 09:01:16 am »

People talking about a lack of effort are missing the point IMO: our problems are down to 1. tactical naivety and 2. poor recruitment.

The fact is that we went into a game against one of the best sides in the division with only three defensive-minded players: Bolger, Harriman and Horsfall (at a stretch you could include Missilou). Of these, one is a full back playing at centre back - a square-peg-in-a-round-hole compromise that has been made far too often this season. Our wing-backs are all wingers playing out of position and are being forced to defend to an extent which is uncomfortable to them. It’s very telling that Curle mentioned Mills recently, the only genuine wing back that we have in the squad.

A big part of the problem is Curle’s abysmal failure in the loan market this year. Last year we got crucial starters like Morton and Wharton; this year we’ve had Racic and Nuttall. Most teams in this league have at least one quality loanee in their starting X1, but we have none.

Personally I won’t be calling for his head yet. To some extent he’s been a victim of his unlikely success last year. However, I want to see some better tactical decision making and some strong Januar recruitment in defence and at wingback in a January.

Might be in minority but thought they actually tried but not effective! Think we need a fwd or two as well?
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2020, 09:06:52 am »

Fcuking hell Melly you keep posting the same thing, we’ve been bailed out by the Prem £1m +as well no teams are going bust this season. FACT.
Only a guess Manny, bold statement about no clubs going bust though?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3355

« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2020, 10:25:09 am »

Bolger has to be one of the worst "captains" we've ever had.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2020, 11:26:53 am »

Like many figures quoted on here, I believe that your figure from the Prem has been exaggerated.
Your 'no teams going bust this season' is also very optimistic.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: