The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:58:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Q&A with KT, JW & KC

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Q&A with KT, JW & KC  (Read 7023 times)
West Stand

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2021, 16:58:43 pm »

Lost revenue might include Wembley and the semi finals, which I would guess make a fair chunk of that. As other have said lost revenue wouldn't take into account the Charlie Goode money. We continue to make losses, which can't be sustainable. Eventually Bower will have had enough. No idea what the answer is.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2021, 17:57:06 pm »

The accounts have to be submitted to the EFL and by default the HMRC. So unless we are adding falsifying accounting records and tax fraud to KTs ever growing list of misdemeanours it is as it says on the tin? I am getting the impression that it doesn’t matter how the facts are presented or what the evidence is, for some there will always be a conspiracy and a lack of acceptance regarding what they are told with regards to the owners. We are in a position where we are going to lose 3 million in one season. It seems we are fortunate enough to have owners who are prepared to support the club and carry this burden through the crisis for as long as reasonably practicable? Yet this is still apparently not enough? I understand that people are entitled to their opinion, but this sometimes obstinate and irrational criticism of individuals who are getting absolutely hammered financially is in my opinion staggering? What is it going to take for people to concede that we perhaps may be fortunate in that we have owners who are prepared to expose themselves financially to a crippling amount of debt in a bid to ensure the survival of the club? If ever there was a warning to anyone about taking ownership a football club this is it, you’d be out of your minds? So given that those at the club have stated that they read social media, personally I would like to express my gratitude to the owners for the commitment, efforts and risk they are taking in their attempts to ensure the survival of the club through this crisis.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3338

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2021, 18:05:45 pm »

The accounts have to be submitted to the EFL and by default the HMRC. So unless we are adding falsifying accounting records and tax fraud to KTs ever growing list of misdemeanours it is as it says on the tin? I am getting the impression that it doesn’t matter how the facts are presented or what the evidence is, for some there will always be a conspiracy and a lack of acceptance regarding what they are told with regards to the owners. We are in a position where we are going to lose 3 million in one season. It seems we are fortunate enough to have owners who are prepared to support the club and carry this burden through the crisis for as long as reasonably practicable? Yet this is still apparently not enough? I understand that people are entitled to their opinion, but this sometimes obstinate and irrational criticism of individuals who are getting absolutely hammered financially is in my opinion staggering? What is it going to take for people to concede that we perhaps may be fortunate in that we have owners who are prepared to expose themselves financially to a crippling amount of debt in a bid to ensure the survival of the club? If ever there was a warning to anyone about taking ownership a football club this is it, you’d be out of your minds? So given that those at the club have stated that they read social media, personally I would like to express my gratitude to the owners for the commitment, efforts and risk they are taking in their attempts to ensure the survival of the club through this crisis.
I'm very grateful the owners are putting enough money into the club Melbourne but I dont think for a second they are doing it out of the goodness of their heart. They are doing it as business people because they think for personal financial reasons, it is still worth doing longer term.
If the moment arises when it makes more business sense to get out of town, they'll be gone.
Wouldnt you?
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2021, 18:16:37 pm »

I'm very grateful the owners are putting enough money into the club Melbourne but I dont think for a second they are doing it out of the goodness of their heart. They are doing it as business people because they think for personal financial reasons, it is still worth doing longer term.

Which are? I would be shocked if when they leave the club they will have made any sort profit, my guess is they have put massively more into the club than any they get back.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2021, 18:17:57 pm »

If the moment arises when it makes more business sense to get out of town, they'll be gone.
Wouldnt you?
Not that I’d have got involved in the first place, but I’d have pulled the plug about 4 years ago CJ, from a financial investment perspective it’s bonkers and doesn’t make any sense?
I put forward the following question. “What can you reveal about the original business plan from a financial perspective when you brought the club and is the reality a source of regret?”
I am genuinely intrigued because in my opinion it is an appalling investment opportunity, it’s not as though the owners are supporters so this was always a purely an investment opportunity? I don’t care what the incentives are, there are far more lucrative, less complex and more risk averse ways to make money. This has got dead duck written all over it and always did, so I don’t understand it at all? Perhaps that’s why the owners have probably got more money than me? The question didn’t get asked so it will perhaps unfortunately remain a mystery? Which makes me appreciate the commitment even more?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 18:19:44 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2021, 18:48:56 pm »

Not that I’d have got involved in the first place, but I’d have pulled the plug about 4 years ago CJ, from a financial investment perspective it’s bonkers and doesn’t make any sense?
I put forward the following question. “What can you reveal about the original business plan from a financial perspective when you brought the club and is the reality a source of regret?”
I am genuinely intrigued because in my opinion it is an appalling investment opportunity, it’s not as though the owners are supporters so this was always a purely an investment opportunity? I don’t care what the incentives are, there are far more lucrative, less complex and more risk averse ways to make money. This has got dead duck written all over it and always did, so I don’t understand it at all? Perhaps that’s why the owners have probably got more money than me? The question didn’t get asked so it will perhaps unfortunately remain a mystery? Which makes me appreciate the commitment even more?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, mine is that KT and DB bought the club to make a very large and quick buck from the land around Sixfields, from the first meeting their was no intention to grow the club even medium term.
I can still hear KT saying he didn’t think Sixfeilds needed expansion, which said it all really.
There is still a lot of money to be made especially post COVID-19, the economy IMO grow exponentially and that’s what they are waiting for, please don’t try to kid me they are doing us a favour.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3338

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2021, 20:45:27 pm »

Very good question but one I think might have been censored before it got very far?
I dont think the last chairmans influence should be underestimated in those last minute dealings. Dozey was never an appropriate nickname for me. Five years later is he any closer to getting what most people think he deserves?
The lure of big bucks easliy made can clearly do strange things to peoples sensibilities.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2021, 21:04:50 pm »

What are the implications of the club unit?
Plastic, slime, partitions, cocktail, zig-zag, tudor bar.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2021, 01:00:03 am »

Very good question but one I think might have been censored before it got very far?
I dont think the last chairmans influence should be underestimated in those last minute dealings. Dozey was never an appropriate nickname for me. Five years later is he any closer to getting what most people think he deserves?
The lure of big bucks easliy made can clearly do strange things to peoples sensibilities.

So do I. I took a cheeky little chance with it but figured any answers may potentially influence future negotiations if the club were to be sold, so didn't expect it to make it onto the list?
Report Spam   Logged

guest3264

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2021, 04:21:46 am »

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, mine is that KT and DB bought the club to make a very large and quick buck from the land around Sixfields, from the first meeting their was no intention to grow the club even medium term.
I can still hear KT saying he didn’t think Sixfeilds needed expansion, which said it all really.
There is still a lot of money to be made especially post COVID-19, the economy IMO grow exponentially and that’s what they are waiting for, please don’t try to kid me they are doing us a favour.
You repeatedly pontificate your opinion BUT not once have you come up with a viable alternative!

There is not a queue of 'white knights' !
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2021, 08:15:36 am »

It appears Swindon, Burton and Brovers didn't get the memo that the best deserved are at the end of the window. Swindon have signed half a new team
Report Spam   Logged

Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2021, 09:57:01 am »

When they took over the club it didn’t have the full parcel of land as part of that deal as it had been shifted over to CDNL control. That they acquired it afterwards via the receivers was as much luck as ineptitude by nbc.
Given that, was the original investment only on the basis of the club and
separate from the bigger land deal that they secured afterwards? KT said that they are commissioning a site, contamination survey at the moment. I would have thought that DC/ CDNL had done all that previously unless it wasn’t worth the paper it’s written on.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2021, 11:00:39 am »

I would have thought that DC/ CDNL had done all that previously unless it wasn’t worth the paper it’s written on.
That clown probably had the wrong bit of land surveyed
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2021, 11:24:36 am »

Or the possibility of a yes it’s fine survey.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2021, 11:41:30 am »

KT was being slated because we had not heard from him in a while and then when he sits down for a podcast lasting the best part of 2 hours we get some numpties saying "you can't believe a word he says" so he's in a no win situation. You really couldn't blame him if he said "enough is enough" and walked away, be careful what you wish for.
I do not study the club's accounts in great detail but it appears that even in pre covid seasons the owners had to partially fund our existence. Remember where we were when the present owners took over and if some time in the future they are able to develope the land and walk away with a profit for themselves I have no problem with that providing that they keep their promise of leaving the club on a sound financial footing.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2021, 11:45:51 am »

Small lower league football teams seem to continue to get to taken over, I wonder what percentage of owners ever make a profit is? I think it’s fair to say it’s virtually zero yet it continues to happen. While some are fans of the clubs there are are large number that aren’t. Like you say I agree their motives aren’t altruistic, maybe owning a football club is a status thing, maybe an expensive plaything, I still think there are so many better and safer investment opportunities if making money is your concern.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2021, 11:53:07 am »

Winslow Lee, yes there are far better investment opportunities. Look how Tesla shares have risen from 65$ per share to over 800$ in the past 12 months. I know somebody who bought 700,000 shares and so far has made over £3 million on his investment.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2021, 14:15:50 pm »

Winslow Lee, yes there are far better investment opportunities. Look how Tesla shares have risen from 65$ per share to over 800$ in the past 12 months. I know somebody who bought 700,000 shares and so far has made over £3 million on his investment.
You wait until the first rocket crashes. And those shares will plummet in value.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2021, 15:04:02 pm »

I was just thinking if you are a housing developer I just feel there are easier options than having a cash haemorrhaging lower league football team attached and a complete legal mess of missing council money.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2021, 16:13:18 pm »

Tabasco, he has already taken profit which is more than his initial outlay. He also had several £million before this investment, what he will not be doing is investing any in a football club as he has no interest in the game.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: