The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:42:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Pizza Cup Last 16 Home v MK Dons Tuesday night 12/01/21

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pizza Cup Last 16 Home v MK Dons Tuesday night 12/01/21  (Read 5570 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« on: January 09, 2021, 19:20:06 pm »

Assuming the game goes ahead we will be in last 16 action of the Papa Johns Trophy, the competition that nobody won last season!!

We will entertain MK Dons, an all League 1 tie with both teams in the bottom third of the league table.

MK slid to a penalty shootout defeat to a strong Premier League Burnley on Saturday, after leading until the last minute of normal time. The Dons have only lost once in their last seven games (in normal time) and have reached this stage of this competition thanks to wins over us and Stevenage in the group stage, a defeat to Southampton U21's then a 6-0 win over Norwich U21's in the first knockout round.

Cameron Jerome scored the goal at Burnley and is sure to be one of the Don's dangermen, he had 9 goals to his name this season and is just 4 goals short of 150 career goals during his time at the likes of Birmingham, Stoke, Crystal Palace and Norwich. Scott Fraser has seven goals from midfield.

This will be the third meeting between the sides this season, Dons beat us 3-1 in the group stage of this competition, Joseph Mills scoring for the Cobblers, then there was a dour 0-0 League encounter at Sxifields in November.
There have been 16 previous encounters between the two teams, The Cobblers have only beaten the Dons three times, one of those victories in this competition back in 2012 when a solitary Jake Robinson goal was enough for us. All our wins have been at home, the Dons having two wins on our patch too to go with their seven wins over us at Stadium:MK

Referee for the game should be Craig Hicks, he refereed our 2-1 defeat at Plymouth earlier this season, and has dished out 50 yellow and two reds in his 18 games. His last visit to Sixfields was in November 2019 when he was the man in the middle for our 4-1 win over Crewe.

The game will be played to a finish on the night with no extra time, straight to penalties if level after 90 minutes. A place in the quarter finals along with £40,000 is the prize for winning this game.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest3086

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 19:59:03 pm »

These folk from bucks are charlatans and should be expunged from all competitions. They are a deceit that any honourable personage would s*** on. If they have the gall to turn up they should hide their heads in shame.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 20:43:47 pm »

These folk from bucks are charlatans and should be expunged from all competitions. They are a deceit that any honourable personage would **** on. If they have the gall to turn up they should hide their heads in shame.

I do wish you would stop beating about the bush.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 12:01:11 pm »

MK went to extra time and penalties yesterday and next saturday are away at Peterborough so I imagine they will make several changes.
We will not have played for 10 days so really do not need to rest anybody and I feel we should put out a strong team with £40,000 at stake.
However, I feel we will make a number of changes as KT seems to rest Sheehan and Adams for these games, possibly also Bolger and Hoskins. So a I would not be surprised to see the following line up
                                                       Arnold
                               Jones               Horsfall               Martin
        Harriman              Watson                  Missilou                         Marshall
                                                        Korboa
                                   Smith                                  Chukwuemeka

Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 12:13:57 pm »

These folk from bucks are charlatans and should be expunged from all competitions. They are a deceit that any honourable personage would **** on. If they have the gall to turn up they should hide their heads in shame.
Steady up SOG this Charlatan is definitely a Cobbler. Although I must admit I only live 2 miles from the Bucks border. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 13:34:46 pm »

MK went to extra time and penalties yesterday and next saturday are away at Peterborough so I imagine they will make several changes.
We will not have played for 10 days so really do not need to rest anybody and I feel we should put out a strong team with £40,000 at stake.
However, I feel we will make a number of changes as KT seems to rest Sheehan and Adams for these games, possibly also Bolger and Hoskins. So a I would not be surprised to see the following line up
                                                       Arnold
                               Jones               Horsfall               Martin
        Harriman              Watson                  Missilou                         Marshall
                                                        Korboa
                                   Smith                                  Chukwuemeka

You say we should put out a strong team then suggest a back three with Martin & Horsfall in it!!!! isn’t that just accepting defeat.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 16:19:39 pm »

Winslow, if you read my post correctly I say that because we will not have played for 10 days and with the prospect of banking £40,000 I would put out a strong team.
I then say that I expect certain players to be rested and the team I proposed may play. With 9 changes to the Sunderland game that would not constitute a strong team.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 19:10:06 pm »

As expected KC says he will be making changes to give other players game time and another chance to impress.
Can we keep our unbeaten Tuesday night home record intact?, currently 6 games ( 4 league and 2  EFL Trophy). MK certainly were not particularly impressive earlier in the season in the league match.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 19:35:46 pm »

Rested is surely the wrong word to use when you haven't had a game for 10 days....they've all been rested already!

EFL Trophy squad selection rules require at least 4 players who started the last league game, or who will start the following league game to start this fixture.

Its not like we have a massive squad to choose from anyway now.....I make it that we have 21 players available for the game
Report Spam   Logged

Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 19:43:20 pm »

Other than Sheehan & McWilliams who are just too vital to risk in this competition, I wouldn’t really bother resting anyone else.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 19:46:57 pm »

He always seems to rest Sheehan and Adams from these games and I think he will be trying to avoid Bolger and Hoskins picking up an injury.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 19:48:14 pm »

Other than Sheehan & McWilliams who are just too vital to risk in this competition, I wouldn’t really bother resting anyone else.

So we're outside the bottom 4 in the league and have 25 games to go. If we lose the next league game bah so what, we've still got another 24. If however we lose the PJT trophy game we are out and miss out on £40k revenue......

What game is more important? That's a rhetorical question btw.......!
Report Spam   Logged

guest3086

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 20:43:49 pm »

So we're outside the bottom 4 in the league and have 25 games to go. If we lose the next league game bah so what, we've still got another 24. If however we lose the PJT trophy game we are out and miss out on £40k revenue......

Yeah but no but. Don't forget PPG.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2021, 20:56:28 pm »

Yeah but no but. Don't forget PPG.

True....and I suppose we're owed one as we fell on the right side of it last season.....still trying to find out whether the 50% of games things is a thing.....ie can only use that and call it a season if half the games have been played...by everyone! Anything less than that and it would be null and void, and "as you were" for 2021-22....
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2021, 21:21:01 pm »

They are both important; winning is important as is the prize of £40k and more money if get through Clearly L1 survival is essential but would play the strongest team as we still have the opportunity to sign replacement players. Based on this theory play Sheehan et al !  Winning is a desirable habit. Perhaps the Club will donate any winnings to help with Covid-19 testing?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2021, 21:35:28 pm »

True....and I suppose we're owed one as we fell on the right side of it last season.....still trying to find out whether the 50% of games things is a thing.....ie can only use that and call it a season if half the games have been played...by everyone! Anything less than that and it would be null and void, and "as you were" for 2021-22....

Not forgetting the FA, Papa John's etc competitions, Women's Soccer! 👍
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2021, 22:33:52 pm »

Play the team that is most likely to win the game on the day. Winning is a habit. Don't over think it. A very good way of ensuring we keep lads KC wants to move on would be to play them and get them injured.

Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2021, 03:10:26 am »

For some reason ive got a very bad feeling about this one.
Cobbs 1 D*ngs 2
Smiffy and
Hoskmiester OG 89,90
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2021, 10:17:51 am »

I'd imagine Horsfall, Marshall, Missilou, Korboa, Smith, maybe Caleb? will all be a position to move in. It's not so much that the first 11 will be tired after having a week and a bit off, but likely you'd want some of those to shake the rust off a bit in case they have to come in because of injuries to the first team over the next busy period.
Report Spam   Logged
Athena

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2021, 12:24:38 pm »

Goodness only knows what state the pitch will be in at the start of the match - let alone at the end.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: