The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:51:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Home v Oxford Saturday 16.01.21

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home v Oxford Saturday 16.01.21  (Read 8754 times)
Larry

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2021, 11:16:17 am »

I was fully expecting us to put in a **** performance and get our arses handed to us, but desperate times call for desperately poor entertainment...

Grin Grin Me too. The Cobblers seem to have captured the spirit of these times very well.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2021, 11:17:06 am »

It’s a picture of the mat in front of the dugouts, has all the hallmarks of a Wiltshire effort on it.

Grin

That's good. However, if you zoom in on the photos you can see some standing water on the pitch.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2021, 12:43:02 pm »

Not wanting to state the obvious, don’t we have a cover to put on the pitch!?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2021, 12:43:45 pm »

Difficult to see when this game will be played now......its the third postponement for Oxford in recent weeks. They lost home games against Doncaster and Shrewsbury on 5th and 9th January. Now this game too. They are still in the Papa Johns Trophy, the Q/F's will be played Tuesday/Weds 2/3rd February. Their earliest free midweek after that is 16th February, and the next after that is 16th March! Our game at Ipswich has been rearranged for February 16th already so that rules that date out.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2021, 12:44:57 pm »

Not wanting to state the obvious, don’t we have a cover to put on the pitch!?

We did have frost covers.......
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2021, 12:45:26 pm »

Difficult to see when this game will be played now......its the third postponement for Oxford in recent weeks. They lost home games against Doncaster and Shrewsbury on 5th and 9th January. Now this game too. They are still in the Papa Johns Trophy, the Q/F's will be played Tuesday/Weds 2/3rd February. Their earliest free midweek after that is 16th February, and the next after that is 16th March! Our game at Ipswich has been rearranged for February 16th already so that rules that date out.
There might be some Sat-Tues-Thurs-Sat weeks coming up
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2021, 13:10:28 pm »

There are a few spare weekday evenings towards the very end of the season (Saturday May 8th being the last day of the season). I appreciate the league will want every club playing it's last game at the same time.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2021, 13:24:00 pm »

There are a few spare weekday evenings towards the very end of the season (Saturday May 8th being the last day of the season). I appreciate the league will want every club playing it's last game at the same time.

Going to be a squeeze though.....on this date last season most clubs in League 1 had played 24 or 25 games, everyone is behind that this season, some by 6 or 7 games......
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2021, 13:25:00 pm »

This is the point I was making, if too many games are postponed, it gets to the point where teams can’t catch up even playing Tuesday / Saturday every week.
The only thing is either extend the season into June, null and void or the PPG and play offs , relegation.
My money is on the last one.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2021, 13:32:30 pm »

This is the point I was making, if too many games are postponed, it gets to the point where teams can’t catch up even playing Tuesday / Saturday every week.
The only thing is either extend the season into June, null and void or the PPG and play offs , relegation.
My money is on the last one.

The extending the season option will depend on whether Euro 2020 (2021) goes ahead this year! First game is scheduled for June 11th.
Report Spam   Logged

Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2021, 14:19:01 pm »

Gee. The Oxen boys and girls are getting very excited on their forum. Bless them, I think this was going to be the highlight of their year. Never mind.

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/16-01-21-l1-northampton-town-v-oufc-postponed.4739/page-9
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2021, 14:23:39 pm »

Gee. The Oxen boys and girls are getting very excited on their forum. Bless them, I think this was going to be the highlight of their year. Never mind.

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/16-01-21-l1-northampton-town-v-oufc-postponed.4739/page-9

I think it's fair to say you lit the blue touch paper.
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2021, 14:48:18 pm »

I think it's fair to say you lit the blue touch paper.

A boys got to get his entertainment where he can when there’s nothing to watch on iFollow!!
Like shooting fish in a barrel!
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2021, 15:15:28 pm »

I wouldn't normally approve of pretty childish behaviour, but they were foaming at the mouth the minute the game was cancelled and calling us all sorts. Maybe understandably as they hadn't seen football for a while, and even not having a game on this weekend without it is annoying me, but if they're going to bite that hard on one comment it's their own fault.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2021, 15:17:38 pm »

What's the score with I-Follow? T&Cs of course long, laborious and hardly clear!
Does the £10 subscription carry to when the game is eventually played, or is a refund necessary?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2021, 16:48:52 pm »

A boys got to get his entertainment where he can when there’s nothing to watch on iFollow!!
Excellent work there, made for a good read.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2021, 17:23:40 pm »

Yeah! a good laugh reading all the angst on Yellows Forum.....as for their form , I'd be more worried if they hadn't won away for a year or two.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2021, 17:38:25 pm »

Yeah! a good laugh reading all the angst on Yellows Forum..
I like the way they've decided that they should play any random team this coming Tuesday despite there being no team with an outstanding game against them not having a fixture. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2021, 17:52:52 pm »

You’ve said the wrong thing again haven’t you?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2021, 18:11:32 pm »

The extending the season option will depend on whether Euro 2020 (2021) goes ahead this year! First game is scheduled for June 11th.

I notice the football World Cup for 2022 is programmed for November 21st to December 18th next year so perhaps Euro 2020 could be played next Summer 2022. I can't see the point of a tournament like this being played behind closed doors this summer and judging by the forecasts with Covid and the various vaccines it would be reckless to go ahead with mass movements of peoples across the continent supporting their side. Presumably with ticket sales, flight and hotel bookings, preparations generally a decision will have to be considered very soon.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: