The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:30:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Cod Army away Tuesday 26/01/21

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cod Army away Tuesday 26/01/21  (Read 9119 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« on: January 23, 2021, 20:55:58 pm »

Next up for the Cobblers is a trip to the Fylde coast to meet Fleetwood Town. Lets hope that this one goes ahead after the abortive trip to Fleetwoods near neighbours Blackpool last week. The Cod Army sacked manager Joey Barton three weeks ago following an altercation with Ched Evans, the player has since left for Preston. Youth team coach Simon Wiles was placed in interim charge and remains in place as it stands. Whether this is longer term or not is unclear, they could have appointed a new manager by Tuesday!

Players in and out this month, Captain Paul Coutts has left for a loan spell at Salford City, Tom Edwards was recalled by Stoke, Jay Matete has gone out on loan to Grimsby and Sam Stubbs has left on a permanent deal to Exeter. It will be a different looking Fleetwood to the one we beat at home on December 1st. Kyle Vassell is among a small number of players who have been brought in this window.

They have only won one of their last 12 games in all competitions, that was a 1-0 win at Swindon, their last win at home was back in November when they trounced Plymouth 5-1. They now sit mid-table in 12th place following this current poor run, seven points outside the playoff spots and 8 outside the relegation zone.
At home overall they've been ok, five league wins and three defeats, those defeats to AFC Wimbledon, Blackpool and Portsmouth. Just eight league goals conceded means they have one of the best defensive records at home.
Callum Camps is the leading scorer, he's got ten to his name in all competitions, although none have come in the last 11 games. Harvey Saunders has eight goals, including six in three games back in October, three of those coming in the first 15 minutes against Aston Villa U21's in the Pizza Cup, then Paddy Madden sits alongside the departed Evans next in the scoring charts with seven to his name.

Fleetwood were only promoted to the Football League in 2012, so not much history between us and them. We did play them in the FA Cup when they were non-league, running out 2-1 winners in 2009 thanks to a Luke Guttridge brace. There have been nine league meetings between us, they hold the upper hand with five wins to our three. We have lost all four of our visits to Highbury, indeed we have not even scored a goal there to date, our last visit in 2018 saw us lose 2-0 with our now captain Cian Bolger netting for the Cod Army that day, of course our last meeting with them earlier this season saw the same player score the only goal of the game, this time in Cobblers colours!

Martin Coy is scheduled to be the man in the middle for this game, he's been on the league list since 2017. He reffed us three times last season, the 2-2 draw at Morecambe, the 1-1 home draw with Cheltenham and the 2-0 win over Exeter late in the season. This season he has already handled a game at Fleetwood, sending off John-Joe O'Toole for the visitors in the 2-1 Cod win over Burton. He also gave Salford three penalties a week later at Grimsby. 17 games so far have seen him hand out 41 yellow and four red cards.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 21:13:41 pm »

All depends who pulls on the Claret, if the likes of BAS, Korboa and Harriman are starting then 2-0 non league Cod.
Play Sheehan, Marshall and Rose then we could get something, over to the clueless Curle.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 22:10:52 pm »

Pretty much in free fall since Joey and Ched departed.
Wouldn't have plaiced much on getting anything whatsoever a few weeks back (do we ever at Fleetwood?) but with their apparent downward spiral, coupled with today's performance...a lot more Hallam Hope!
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 22:52:34 pm »

Pretty much in free fall since Joey and Ched departed.
Wouldn't have plaiced much on getting anything whatsoever a few weeks back (do we ever at Fleetwood?) but with their apparent downward spiral, coupled with today's performance...a lot more Hallam Hope!

Already starting with the fish puns!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3419

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 08:43:13 am »

All depends who pulls on the Claret, if the likes of BAS, Korboa and Harriman are starting then 2-0 non league Cod.
Play Sheehan, Marshall and Rose then we could get something, over to the clueless Curle.
I understand from your first post you have a low opinion of Harriman and in love with Marshall but I do not understand why you believe we want to read that opinion repeated in each of your posts....and repeated.....and repeated....and repeated......?
Report Spam   Logged
Athena

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 08:53:49 am »

My lad lives right on the coast between Blackpool and Fleetwood and only yards from the tram-line connecting the two towns. Was so looking forward to visiting him and going to the game on the tram which would have been a first for me and so adding another entry to my list of ' Modes of Transport Used to get to Matches'. Totally fed up with the effect this virus is having on all our lives.
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 09:18:24 am »

I noticed before that you had Sheehan playing at right back in your team. Have you noticed he is left footed? Although I agree Harriman is not the best I can't see any alternatives as a right back
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 09:21:39 am »

A bit early for labelling games “6 pointers” but ...
Given Fleetwood’s slide and our slight improvement over the last few weeks (ignoring MK game), we need to win this. Our fragile confidence will be shattered (again) if we lose!

The simple formula for me is if Sheehan and McWilliams play, we will win. Even without Sheehan I think we might sneak it. 5-3-2 if Sheehan is fit. If not, let’s stick to 4 at back. Harriman’s had a bad couple of games but he’s not a bad player.

After that wondergoal, Rose definitely deserves a start upfront with the new lad.

UTC
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2021, 11:02:35 am »

I understand from your first post you have a low opinion of Harriman and in love with Marshall but I do not understand why you believe we want to read that opinion repeated in each of your posts....and repeated.....and repeated....and repeated......?
Ah, I forgot you speak for all the members of the board, do what I do with the majority of your insightful posts I don’t bother reading them, simple.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2021, 11:04:18 am »

I noticed before that you had Sheehan playing at right back in your team. Have you noticed he is left footed? Although I agree Harriman is not the best I can't see any alternatives as a right back
I agree, but Harriman combined with Korboa will see us relegated, that’s why we need a new right wing back as our next loan.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2021, 11:40:45 am »

Already starting with the fish puns!
Not really into the fish puns, EVERY time it's Fleetwood from the usual suspects...hardly original!
Just slipped in!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 12:10:18 pm »

Fleetwood have not won any of their last 9 league games, 4 draws and 5 defeats, but have only conceded 9 goals in those 9 games. It is at the other end where they are having trouble as they only scored 3 goals in those 9 games.
In their 11 home games they have only conceded 8 goals and never more 1 in any game. However, we are still not creating many chances and it appears unlikely that we will score more than once. To get a result we need to keep it tight at the back and cut out defensive mistakes. In our 10 away games we have not kept a clean sheet and in 7 of those games have conceded at least 2 goals.
It would appear our hope of a positive result would be 1-1, 0-0 are snatch a 1-0 win. We beat them at home 1-0 and again they barely threatened so a repeat would be most welcome.
Expect Miller and Sowerby to be missing but will Sheehan  be fit?, he seems to be as injury prone as McCormack was last season.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 15:34:47 pm »

Going for a narrow 1-0 loss.
BAS OG 95th min. A late slip on the goal line sees him bundle the ball into his own net.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2021, 15:58:02 pm »

BAS OG 95th min. A late slip on the goal line sees him bundle the ball into his own net.
I was going to say that!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2021, 18:22:58 pm »

😂 I can see that happening.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2021, 20:50:18 pm »

A bit early for labelling games “6 pointers” but ...
Given Fleetwood’s slide and our slight improvement over the last few weeks (ignoring MK game), we need to win this. Our fragile confidence will be shattered (again) if we lose!

The simple formula for me is if Sheehan and McWilliams play, we will win. Even without Sheehan I think we might sneak it. 5-3-2 if Sheehan is fit. If not, let’s stick to 4 at back. Harriman’s had a bad couple of games but he’s not a bad player.

After that wondergoal, Rose definitely deserves a start upfront with the new lad.

UTC

Rose's goal took some of the sting out of that defeat!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 15:10:06 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-injury-latest-alan-sheehan-mickel-miller-and-jack-sowerby-3111774
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2021, 15:37:56 pm »

I assume Rose's cameo will get him a start in place of Miller. Not sure who will get Sowerby's place, maybe Watson.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2021, 09:23:30 am »

Heavy rain forecast for Fleetwood today.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2021, 09:40:30 am »

Heavy rain forecast for Fleetwood today.
Postponed wouldn’t be the end of the world.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: