The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:51:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Wigan at home Tuesday 9th February 2021 REARRANGED

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wigan at home Tuesday 9th February 2021 REARRANGED  (Read 13707 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2021, 09:54:11 am »

I hope KC will be more positive (can somebody explain that word to him!) with his team selection because we should try and score 2 or 3 goals, in both of the next 2 matches.

Mitchell

Kioso Jones Bolger Mills

McWilliams Sowerby Morris

Watson

Edmondson Rose

Yes KC, no Hoskins because of his lack of  a quality final ball.

After the Stanley game odds on KC will play same side?  Only exception might be Morris!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2021, 10:00:13 am »

I hope KC will be more positive (can somebody explain that word to him!) with his team selection because we should try and score 2 or 3 goals, in both of the next 2 matches.

Mitchell

Kioso Jones Bolger Mills

Watson

Edmondson Rose

Here we go again! Hoskins has the most assists this season in the league for the Cobblers with 4, thats a couple more than even Michael Jacobs! Next in the list is Marshall with 2, Adams 1, Rose 1 and Warburton 1. Out of that list 2 have left, one rarely starts and the other one is out favour and his pants fall down. We're absolutely full of other quality options! Final ball  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2021, 10:01:09 am »

Do we still cover the pitch? Good chance of it being frozen by 7.00.Get the baseball boots out!

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-monitoring-pitch-conditions-amid-freezing-weather-ahead-wigan-clash-3128690

Looking good !??
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2021, 10:10:09 am »

Here we go again! Hoskins has the most assists this season in the league for the Cobblers with 4, thats a couple more than even Michael Jacobs! Next in the list is Marshall with 2, Adams 1, Rose 1 and Warburton 1. Out of that list 2 have left, one rarely starts and the other one is out favour and his pants fall down. We're absolutely full of other quality options! Final ball  Grin

You're banging your head against a brick wall...be like the rest of us and ignore them.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2021, 10:13:02 am »

I see KC already stating that season won’t be defined by next 2 games. I think the opposite don’t win both of these and we look doomed. Pressure is on us
Report Spam   Logged
guest3419

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2021, 10:23:30 am »

I acknowledge Sam is a 'Marmite' player but in my OPINION he is my 5th choice midfielder. I also acknowledge that the last 5 'professional' managers have all selected him but it does not change my OPINION that I prefer a more pocession style of football and he misplaces too many passes.
If we needed somebody to runaround a lot we should have signed Mo Farah!
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2021, 11:16:38 am »

Poster on the Wigan forum calls tonights game the "clash of the s***e 'uns". He was clearly not impressed by us when we beat them at their place.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2021, 11:20:55 am »

You're banging your head against a brick wall...be like the rest of us and ignore them.  Wink
Wise words mate... btw you have to read that out with the voice of either Smashie or Nicey
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 11:22:47 am by Clarity » Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2021, 11:39:16 am »

I acknowledge Sam is a 'Marmite' player but in my OPINION he is my 5th choice midfielder. I also acknowledge that the last 5 'professional' managers have all selected him but it does not change my OPINION that I prefer a more pocession style of football and he misplaces too many passes.
If we needed somebody to runaround a lot we should have signed Mo Farah!
This is what I’ve been saying all season, he’s ok as an impact sub, but starting his lack of passing ability stands out like a sore thumb.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2021, 11:44:06 am »

So what would your prediction have been if you hadn't had a very, very, very bad feeling about this game? At least 15-1 I would imagine. Still, nice to see a postive prediction from you. I hope you've printed it and stuck it on your wall to show any disbelievers.
I really think we can win tonight, however, Saturday is a very different proposition, JFH will be desperate to put one over us and will let his team know such, they have signed some decent players as well, that’s why I have a bad feeling.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2021, 12:23:10 pm »

Well it certainly looks, unlike recently, we are trying to get this Q: "clash of the s***e 'uns" on tonight.

Must say I am then........ glad to be watching this from afar in the warm c/w a few cans & without a 100 mile drive in the cold & snow. <iFollow permitting that is >.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2021, 12:25:46 pm »

Me too Sx
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2021, 13:24:46 pm »

Mitchell

Kioso Jones Bolger Mills

Watson

Edmondson Rose

Really hope I'm wrong but I dont have Kioso down as a fullback. Unlike most on here I havent been that impressed with him of late.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2021, 13:27:50 pm »

Indeed.
I wonder how many minutes on average those 4 assists have come at compared to Marshall's.
Maybe if Keith placed his trust in someone other than Sammy we might have created more chances and scored a few more goals?
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2021, 14:49:52 pm »

Really hope I'm wrong but I dont have Kioso down as a fullback. Unlike most on here I havent been that impressed with him of late.

Agreed.

Strangely, I don't think he has himself down as one either.

Seems to pop up anywhere on the right bar right back.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2021, 14:57:25 pm »

CJ agree entirely, if you play every minute of every game and take the penalties you are likely to be near the top of the shots and assists charts. It’s the number of misplaced passes and wayward shots that I find frustrating. I don’t doubt his effort and commitment bu5 I just don’t think he’s very good. I counted something like 30 misplaced passes and losses of the ball in possession in one game earlier in the season.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2021, 15:08:30 pm »

I see KC already stating that season won’t be defined by next 2 games. I think the opposite don’t win both of these and we look doomed. Pressure is on us

With 20 odd games to go Roll Eyes Your judgement is a bit raw.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2021, 15:17:40 pm »

CJ agree entirely, if you play every minute of every game and take the penalties you are likely to be near the top of the shots and assists charts. It’s the number of misplaced passes and wayward shots that I find frustrating. I don’t doubt his effort and commitment bu5 I just don’t think he’s very good. I counted something like 30 misplaced passes and losses of the ball in possession in one game earlier in the season.

Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2021, 16:23:06 pm »

Has it been called off yet?

If we don't win tonight, my theory of beating the teams around us goes right out of the window. Which is pretty much the same as I expect to happen to Keith if we lose.. Well.... Not out of the window perhaps.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2021, 16:24:27 pm »

Pitch was apparently fine in the morning, and we've not had any more snow or rain since really. Should be a bit cold, that's all
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: