The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 11:33:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Free scoring Accrington V Free From scoring Cobblers

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free scoring Accrington V Free From scoring Cobblers  (Read 7920 times)
Clarity

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2021, 11:18:06 am »

much depends on whether Sheehan is available and if Curle will then play MacWilliams in front with Morris .
If Sheehan is not available and we play wing backs , we have no chance .
So , in the grand scheme of things how have a tiny club like Accrington managed to establish themselves in League 1 and we struggle to even compete .
Is it recruitment / management in the back office / manager’s ability / budget / structure ?
They are doing something that we are not .

Probably got the right fundamentals in place
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2021, 11:28:14 am »

Probably got the right fundamentals in place
Maybe his Jigsaw is complete and they’ve reach the top of their upward curve  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2021, 12:01:45 pm »

So , in the grand scheme of things how have a tiny club like Accrington managed to establish themselves in League 1 and we struggle to even compete .
Is it recruitment / management in the back office / manager’s ability / budget / structure ?
They are doing something that we are not .

The owners of the club clearly know how to create the circumstances in which a football club based in Accrington can compete in League One.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2021, 16:16:53 pm »

I mean, its easy to point as Accrington as the exception that break the rule. Like is worse for plenty of ex-league clubs floating in the conference... it doesnt mean we're super underperforming, based on crowds and budget we're almost performing exactly as id expect in the dregs of League 1. Certainly may be worth looking at how Accrington have performed far above what is reasonable for them.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2021, 16:36:41 pm »

I mean, its easy to point as Accrington as the exception that break the rule. Like is worse for plenty of ex-league clubs floating in the conference... it doesnt mean we're super underperforming, based on crowds and budget we're almost performing exactly as id expect in the dregs of League 1. Certainly may be worth looking at how Accrington have performed far above what is reasonable for them.

I agree, I would say our level is probably bottom half of league 1 to top half of league 2. There will always be teams both over and under achieving based on size, you can look at Accrington & Wycombe now, 7 or 8 years it was Yeovil in the championship. It’s not often sustained though and while a well run club plays a part the biggest factor is just plain luck, the right manager at the right time with some good recruitment. While you can argue that’s not luck, the same manager might be great at one club awful at another, have a great transfer window one year but sign nothing but duds another.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2021, 19:03:12 pm »

The EFL are to investigate a complaint made by Hull against Accrington's facilities. Hull claim that the away dressing room is too small and does not conform to the strict EFL guidelines for social distancing.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2021, 19:35:06 pm »

Am surprised that for such an important game nobody as yet pre selected a side against the mighty Stanley. You chaps losing interest?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2021, 19:43:35 pm »

Don’t worry, Keith hasn’t yet either. Sure he’ll be pulling ten names out to play with Hoskins any time though  Tongue Roll Eyes

Think this’ll be very embarrassing sadly.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2021, 19:52:03 pm »

I don't expect many changes, if Sheehan is fit I think he may not risk him and keep him back for the 2 home games so it would be the same defense. McWilliams may return but which of the other midfielders he replaces is anyones guess. I expect him to stick with Edmondson with either Hoskins or Rose up front.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2021, 20:39:28 pm »

Wouldn’t put it past KC after such a woeful performance to name an unchanged team.
Report Spam   Logged
Knockingonabit

View Profile
Windows User Nineth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2021, 10:12:32 am »

Friendliest away fixture I have ever been to.
If I remember correctly the Directors entrance and most of their facilities are in prefabs joined together.
When I read Hull with their splendid stadium have made a complaint about poor facilities it rather pi**es me off, have to admit to a soft spot for Accrington.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2021, 10:46:35 am »

I was looking forward to this one especially this season, I haven't been to Accrington previously. Hopefully we'll still be in the same Division next season.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2021, 10:49:25 am »

BBC Weather for Accrington says Heavy now light rain up to 1700 hrs. Will it be on?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2657770
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 10:51:33 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2021, 12:05:15 pm »

I think i'd even take just a good performance today, regardless ofnresult. Just need confidence going into the key two matches coming up after, any point a bonus. A morale bursting hammering will put us in a real poor position going into the Burton/Wigan double header.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2021, 12:08:11 pm »

Friendliest away fixture I have ever been to.
If I remember correctly the Directors entrance and most of their facilities are in prefabs joined together.
When I read Hull with their splendid stadium have made a complaint about poor facilities it rather pi**es me off, have to admit to a soft spot for Accrington.
Yep.
Last time Jeema was conversing with me was at Accy halftime by the chip van under the stand. We were sharing the sauce bottle. Few years back now
I wonder how he is without live football, good I hope?
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2021, 12:11:24 pm »

Surely this game is not going to be on, looking at the pitch photos!
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2021, 12:15:05 pm »

3-0 I reckon, and not in the right direction. Hope I'm wrong, but KC and his strange decisions don't give me any confidence at all.
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2021, 12:22:37 pm »

Surely this game is not going to be on, looking at the pitch photos!

Given the state of the pitch and taking in account the weather forecast, even if they start the game it would be unlikely to complete.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2021, 12:41:14 pm »

Toss is to see who gets the shallow end?  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2021, 13:04:24 pm »

Seeing the team selection, no Morris, Sheehan or Miller I'm hoping it does get called off.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: