The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:56:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Manager

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 53708 times)
guest3359

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2021, 07:59:28 am »

The bookies list is laughable. Outside of the premier league and a handful of championship teams they really have no idea.

Not Sol. When he did the interview stating "it's not like it's rocket science to run a football club, especially when you get to that level" he showed his contempt for the lower leagues. He regulaly states he is one of the most intelligent people in football, but spouts some absolute rubbish. That's all before the article about racism at sixfields being the worst he has ever experienced. I also was there any heard nothing, not one person let alone the whole stand. I would want a public retraction before even an interview.

I think Brady, Sammo and Rico need a few games. I think they all have the passion about the club that is needed to inspire the players at the moment.
I'd also be speaking to Ricky Holmes about a short term deal!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2021, 08:02:35 am »

It’s not going to be JB because the announcement would have said “ take charge till the end of the season”.
Paul Cook all day long, great track record both at Pompey and Wigan, plays good football what’s not to like.
Another option would be Neil Harris ?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2021, 08:19:06 am »

There has been a disconnect between academy and senior team for years. We create good footballers but often have someone in charge of the first team who only has the ability to play direct. There is an opportunity to change this; otherwise, the same cycle will continue to repeat itself. I would not appoint a new manager until at least the Summer. Let's see how the new team go. As long as there is no friction over who is top dog - and I don't think there will be - this might be the start of something most of us are craving: a team that plays attractive football and gives chances to the young players the club creates.   
Report Spam   Logged
cox23jam

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2021, 08:29:04 am »

Paul Heckingbottom - did well in spells at Barnsley, good job at Hibernian & currently U23's coach at Sheffield United

Maybe Steve Morison, came back to coach before leaving to take over Cardiff U23's

I Know Joey Barton is a nutcase but his aggression, getting the players fired up could really help during a relegation scrap

Surely KT can't seriously consider Sol after his record at Southend
Report Spam   Logged

HOTEL END PREDICTION LEAGUE CHAMPION 2014/15, 2021/22
HOTEL END GTA CHAMPION 2021/22
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2021, 08:54:00 am »

So once again this thread illustrates the nightmare faced by the club when considering who to appoint.

Let's hope that is remembered when it goes wrong, and not only when it works.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2021, 09:03:58 am »

I Know Joey Barton is a nutcase but his aggression, getting the players fired up could really help during a relegation scrap

Please no
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2021, 11:03:52 am »

The bookies list is laughable. Outside of the premier league and a handful of championship teams they really have no idea.

Not Sol. When he did the interview stating "it's not like it's rocket science to run a football club, especially when you get to that level" he showed his contempt for the lower leagues. He regulaly states he is one of the most intelligent people in football, but spouts some absolute rubbish. That's all before the article about racism at sixfields being the worst he has ever experienced. I also was there any heard nothing, not one person let alone the whole stand. I would want a public retraction before even an interview.

I think Brady, Sammo and Rico need a few games. I think they all have the passion about the club that is needed to inspire the players at the moment.
I'd also be speaking to Ricky Holmes about a short term deal!

I’m not sure going down the route of denying someone’s experience on the basis that ‘you didn’t hear anything’ is advisable. You also don’t know that no one in the stand heard anything unless you asked everyone in the stand which I’d take a guess and say you haven’t. I’d tread with a bit more caution on an issue like this.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2021, 11:16:30 am »

There will always be i told you so , i was against Johnson ,Page and Curle. but for Hasselbaink Austin and Edinburgh, we rarely all get it right , id back Brady Rico and Sammo ,even if some say Rico has no experience or Brady has never managed at this level, Brady gets the youth playing the right way and what better striking coach than Rico, bucket loads of goals at this level, and the current crop of lads up front could learn loads. Sammo was never given as much of a chance as many many others since , and his record wasn't appalling either. They have my 100% backing.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2021, 11:23:21 am »

Hello and a good afternoon to all.

I would personally like Brady to be offered the chance to the end of season if this is something he wants, as it shows progression within the club.

If its to go outside, Phil Parkinson if he's in any way interested, he could probably welcome a smaller more homely club after Sunderland.

Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2021, 11:40:54 am »

Having looked at the out of work managers list I fail to see a single name that jumps out as "let's get him in".
Definitely I do not want to see whinging characters like Barton, Cowleys or Derek Adams here. No also to Sol Campbell, Steven Pressley, Paul Tisdale and Gary Bowyer who had a win ratio of under 30% when Bradford sacked him last year.
Of those remaining that might be interested Cook could be a good option, unsure on Parkinson, O'Driscoll and McCall. Alternatively we could go for somebody with a decent experience as a number 2 or an up and coming manager from the national league.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2021, 11:57:04 am »

If its Sol Campbell, I will disown the club.

Tisdale, rubbish.

Joey, would be lively but no thanks, we've already had one Barton and that didn't last too long.

Klopps on a bad run.
Report Spam   Logged
Pablo69

View Profile
Level 5 Signature Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2021, 12:07:36 pm »

How about considering a none league manager. Gary Challinor at Hartlepool  worth a consideration. Youngish, reasonable track record and got Hartlepool into 2nd position, playing  good football.
Report Spam   Logged

"The voice of reason"
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2021, 12:14:36 pm »

A small protest to KT but if Sol Campbell gets the job I will not be renewing my season ticket - in 2014 he wrote in the Times about a cup tie at Sixfields where he alleged the Northampton crowd were baying racist abuse at him - totally untrue from my view at the game with the reality as I saw it, simply being he was involved in a bit of a physical tussle and the crowd jeered him - nothing remotely racist from what I heard and certainly if there was I would be the first to condemn it. I’ve occasionally been ashamed of the behaviour of some of our fans but I can honestly say in 50 years of following home and away the number of racist incidents can be counted on one hand and limited to sad individuals - the suggestion of a crowd baying racist abuse simply does not ring true.
The man is therefore,  in my opinion and based on my presence at that game either dishonest or hard of hearing and did an unpleasant disservice to our club and fans - and also the genuine approach to drive racism out of football.
Agree!
Am sure most of us would be quick to point to any racism amongst the ranks. Truth, it didn't happen...

The guy is a PR job for himself...and little else!

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2021, 12:21:00 pm »

How about considering a none league manager. Gary Challinor at Hartlepool  worth a consideration. Youngish, reasonable track record and got Hartlepool into 2nd position, playing  good football.
That’s not a bad shout at all.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3429

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2021, 12:23:01 pm »

Agree!
Am sure most of us would be quick to point to any racism amongst the ranks. Truth, it didn't happen...

The guy is a PR job for himself...and little else!

Absolutely, listened to Sol being interviewed on 5Live some years back and was appalled at the amount of victim me, race baiting. i thought then I hope hes never near our club ever.

The recent comments about us being the most racist fans in the country just about sum him up, laughable.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2021, 12:26:58 pm »

Gary Challinor at Hartlepool  worth a consideration. Youngish, reasonable track record and got Hartlepool into 2nd position, playing  good football.

Unbelievable Jeff, your manager's legged it to The Cobblers!
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2021, 12:32:58 pm »

It’s Dave Challinor isn’t it - the guy with the long throw from Tranmere?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2021, 12:49:50 pm »

That bloke at Torquay seems to be doing alright. Worth a punt....?  Evil
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest49

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2021, 12:51:55 pm »

It’s not going to be JB because the announcement would have said “ take charge till the end of the season”.
Paul Cook all day long, great track record both at Pompey and Wigan, plays good football what’s not to like.
Another option would be Neil Harris ?

Not sure we'd ever tempt him here but Paul Cook is the best name mentioned on this thread so far, along with Klopp  Tongue
We'd certainly see an attempt at a different style of football.
If you are reading KT dust the cheque book off!

Report Spam   Logged
LawfordCob

View Profile
Level 4 Fifth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2021, 12:54:58 pm »

Not sure we'd ever tempt him here but Paul Cook is the best name mentioned on this thread so far, along with Klopp  Tongue
We'd certainly see an attempt at a different style of football.
If you are reading KT dust the cheque book off!

Agree 100% I just think there is more chance of it being Sue Cook.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: