The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 14:28:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Manager

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 54505 times)
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #340 on: February 21, 2021, 19:07:23 pm »

Do you remember where Graham Carr...and his players came from?
Good point Cat, I gave this some thought myself. Personally I think football has moved on from those days as emphasised by the signing of Matt Warburton? If you recall 3 players went on to play Prem football (or league one in those days), one internationally. I can’t ever see that happening again, I just think that the scouting network and money involved means less players slip through the net? Take your point though.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #341 on: February 21, 2021, 19:09:21 pm »

Doubtful that we had to pay Page a large amount. I was under the impression that the club was obliged to continue paying a sacked manager his monthly wage until such time that he found alternative employment.
Page was sacked on 9th January 2017, in the same month he joined Nottingham Forest in a coaching capacity and on 15th March 2017 was appointed manager of Wales under 21's.
On the other hand JFH was appointed on 4th September 2017, on a 3 year contract, and sacked on 2nd April 2018 when he still had 2 years and 5 months left on his contract. He failed to secure a coaching or managers job during that time and was appointed manager of Burton on Boxing Day 2020.
All true but my point was if KT doesn’t care what division we are in why bother to sack him at all? Just seems a bit of a contradiction to me?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #342 on: February 21, 2021, 19:09:33 pm »

West Stand OAP i think you are correct in you assumptions, although i think in the case of "...mutual consent" then an agreed amount is paid to end a managers contract early rather than continuing to pay their salary.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #343 on: February 21, 2021, 19:27:37 pm »

Doubtful that we had to pay Page a large amount. I was under the impression that the club was obliged to continue paying a sacked manager his monthly wage until such time that he found alternative employment.
Page was sacked on 9th January 2017, in the same month he joined Nottingham Forest in a coaching capacity and on 15th March 2017 was appointed manager of Wales under 21's.
On the other hand JFH was appointed on 4th September 2017, on a 3 year contract, and sacked on 2nd April 2018 when he still had 2 years and 5 months left on his contract. He failed to secure a coaching or managers job during that time and was appointed manager of Burton on Boxing Day 2020.

I always thought the protocol is to pay around half the amount on the remaining length of the contract giving the person the opportunity to get another job within that time on the understanding it's unlikely to be at the same rate as the contract. Otherwise the sacked manager might as well sit out the remainder of the contract.
There was a strong rumour the Gary Johnson negotiated a large buyout of this contract with Cardoza. Once it was signed and soon after Christmas he walked into the Yeovil job.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #344 on: February 21, 2021, 19:46:44 pm »

Did JFH "sit out the remainder of his contract" or was he actively searching for alternative employment?.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 21, 2021, 20:12:01 pm »

Did JFH "sit out the remainder of his contract" or was he actively searching for alternative employment?.

Depends on what the term 'employment' is stipulated in any agreement?
He was working for the TV networks during that time?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #346 on: February 22, 2021, 07:38:01 am »

Barton is supposedly going Bristol R.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #347 on: February 22, 2021, 08:29:55 am »

JB needs a win this week - we all accept that .
Just remember where we have come from in a week .
We were probably the worst team in the league, getting out played by our peers around us and failing to even register shots in games .
On top of that , we played the worst football you can wish to imagine .
In a single week , we have become a team that competes with good footballing teams and look like we belong in division 1 .
We have also scored more goals and created more chances than any time in the last season or more .
Players are playing with confidence and even the pitch is on the mend .
That is in a week .
i desperately want them to get a result tomorrow because they damn well deserve it
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #348 on: February 22, 2021, 08:44:40 am »

We were probably the worst team in the league, getting out played by our peers around us and failing to even register shots in games .
In a single week , we have become a team that competes with good footballing teams and look like we belong in division 1 .
We have also scored more goals and created more chances than any time in the last season or more .
That is in a week .
i desperately want them to get a result tomorrow because they damn well deserve it
I couldn’t agree more mate, the change is very notable, I really hope that we get the results we deserve against both Rochdale and Swindle.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #349 on: February 22, 2021, 08:51:57 am »

That is in a week .

This sums up my feelings perfectly.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3419

« Reply #350 on: February 22, 2021, 09:35:36 am »

That is in a week .
+1

Good luck JB.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #351 on: February 22, 2021, 09:50:18 am »

Only one reservation I have is that we still struggle to score goals from open play somewhat.
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #352 on: February 22, 2021, 09:59:00 am »

That is in a week .
  +1
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 22, 2021, 10:04:12 am »

That is in a week .

I think that that is what the majority want, we hold our collective breaths...  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #354 on: February 22, 2021, 10:20:40 am »

Only one reservation I have is that we still struggle to score goals from open play somewhat.

It’s a difficult problem, with the lack of goals in our attackers, do we bring in more creative players around them to create lots of chances but then leave us completely open like against MK to co conceding goals.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #355 on: February 22, 2021, 10:56:33 am »

It’s a difficult problem, with the lack of goals in our attackers, do we bring in more creative players around them to create lots of chances but then leave us completely open like against MK to co conceding goals.

Marshall has been in the team thanks to JB; offensively he carries a threat but there is criticism from some on here on his defensive duties particularly after the MK game. Those critical comments are valid but we cannot have it both ways! I just hope JB takes on board the lessons learnt from the MK game. Almost certainly the same type of situation may well reoccur.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 11:02:31 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #356 on: February 22, 2021, 11:07:03 am »

Marshall has been in the team thanks to JB; offensively he carries a threat but there is criticism from some on here on his defensive duties particularly after the MK game. Those critical comments are valid but we cannot have it both ways! I just hope JB takes on board the lessons learnt from the MK game. Almost certainly the same type of situation may well reoccur.

The defensive failings were not Marshalls alone, when Kioso bombs forward someone has to cover, either Marshall or one of the central midfielders. Good teams do this automatically but it takes time to develop that understanding, I'm sure JB has them working on that in training.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #357 on: February 22, 2021, 12:57:48 pm »

There is a chance we could have Miller on the left and the rejuvenated Marshall on the right tomorrow night.
We could even have Sheehan back alongside Jones ( although both left sided )
McWilliams and Morris in the middle and take your pick up front .
That is actually a decent side and if the full backs push on , there will be goals at both ends again i think .
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #358 on: February 22, 2021, 13:10:05 pm »

There is a chance we could have Miller on the left and the rejuvenated Marshall on the right tomorrow night.
We could even have Sheehan back alongside Jones ( although both left sided )
McWilliams and Morris in the middle and take your pick up front .
That is actually a decent side and if the full backs push on , there will be goals at both ends again i think .
There will be with Marshall in goals.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 22, 2021, 13:14:28 pm »

There will be with Marshall in goals.

You want him in goal as well?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: