The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 04:53:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Manager

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 53782 times)
guest3063

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #480 on: February 25, 2021, 15:01:25 pm »

You the same as everyone else dont know what a realistic target is , what wages are we going to pay , are we going to pay off another club. some including me though Curle was taking us down , i believe Brady can keep us up .

Could you please explain what evidence you have for this conclusion?
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #481 on: February 25, 2021, 15:22:27 pm »

4 reasons why I'm so glad KC was sacked.
1. The football has been terrible since he was appointed.
2. He didn't bring in the right personnel during the transfer windows.
3. We were heading for definite relegation.
4. His interviews were nonsensical and diabolical.

4 reasons why Brady should continue.
1. The football is much improved.
2. He hasn't had any opportunity to bring in any new players.
3. We are still in great danger but there is at last some hope.
4. his interviews are like a breath of fresh air.

Let's just forget (please KT) getting in another manager. Give Brady the job and let's get behind the team, the management and everyone else associated with NTFC.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #482 on: February 25, 2021, 15:33:35 pm »

Let's just forget (please KT) getting in another manager. Give Brady the job and let's get behind the team, the management and everyone else associated with NTFC.

Great post - I agree with all of your points
Report Spam   Logged
guest3419

« Reply #483 on: February 25, 2021, 15:54:21 pm »

+1
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #484 on: February 25, 2021, 16:17:22 pm »

Yup.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3063

« Reply #485 on: February 25, 2021, 16:54:16 pm »

Lots of support for Brady on here, I too would like things to go well for him.

However, the facts are from 4 games in charge we've only mustered 2 points and scored 3 goals in a game we ended up losing. He certainly talks a good game, some may say foolish. After Tuesdays game he said "With the help of our staff and the players we've got, WE WILL STAY IN LEAGUE ONE, whether it's me or someone else."

Hopefully it will turn out well and his supporters on here will have no excuse to turn on him in the coming weeks. We shall see.

Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #486 on: February 25, 2021, 17:09:52 pm »

My opinion is that under KC we would have been relegated and if he was still manager the sale of ST for next season would have been catastrophic, under Brady we still might go down, the bookies think we will, but at least we get a little bit of entertainment.
     I don't think KT had a choice really, he could see that if he wanted to sell any amount of ST, Curle had to go.
Personally, I would have had serious reservations about renewing if Curle was still in charge, now he's gone I'm 90% sure I'll renew.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #487 on: February 25, 2021, 17:23:19 pm »

I am genuinely confused by the people who were very vocal about wanting KC sacked but are also now asking who is out there to turn things around. So many wanted him gone but now have no idea of which realistic target they would want.

Nothing to be confused about at all. Curle should have been binned months ago. Our Chairman said the following day that he had already had plenty of applications so seemingly there are plenty of realistic targets. I’d confidently say that the majority who will have applied will be more competed that Keith proved to be this season.

I’d be going all out for Mike Duff, Flynn at Newport or Gray / Challinor from the conference and all would be “realistic”.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #488 on: February 25, 2021, 18:15:46 pm »

So you say that you are glad that an NTFC manager has been sacked without a great deal of thought for his personal circumstances. I personally got a lot of pleasure when KC he started to propel us up the League and actually gaining promotion on the last game. All against the odds too. Takes all types I suppose Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #489 on: February 25, 2021, 18:36:42 pm »

So you say that you are glad that an NTFC manager has been sacked without a great deal of thought for his personal circumstances. I personally got a lot of pleasure when KC he started to propel us up the League and actually gaining promotion on the last game. All against the odds too. Takes all types I suppose Roll Eyes

Quite frankly, I'm a little sick of hearing about KC's 'personal circumstances'!
'Great guy, very personable, blah blah...'

He talked utter s***e about 'fundementals, basics...' with far far less tangible and tactical language that fans could relate to, compared with Jon Brady.
Despite his protestations and apportioning blame to all but himself for the players not 'doing the basics' whatever that means, he masterminded the most negative, turgid, one dimensional football ever witnessed by many of us, as well as being viewed by opposition fans as the worst team in our division, capable of (poor) hoof football...the performance at Sincil Bank aside!
Little sympathy...should have happened back in December!
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #490 on: February 25, 2021, 18:47:50 pm »

Could you please explain what evidence you have for this conclusion?
The evidence that Curle should be sacked was there for all to see
The evidence in favour of Brady is much improved football, more attacking producing more efforts on goal
This in turn i believe will turn into wins/
Players are behind him some openly wanting him to have the job
Its clear that the players prefer to play without the shackles of Curles defensive football
Im not a fan of bringing in 'an experienced manager ' just beacause. Gary Johnsons CV was marvellous before he came here
and finally , why not Brady, where do all managers start ?
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #491 on: February 25, 2021, 18:51:49 pm »

Quite frankly, I'm a little sick of hearing about KC's 'personal circumstances'!

He talked utter s***e about 'fundementals, basics...' with far far less tangible and tactical language that fans could relate to, compared with Jon Brady.
Despite his protestations and apportioning blame to all but himself for the players not 'doing the basics' whatever that means, he masterminded the most negative, turgid, one dimensional football ever witnessed by many of us, as well as being viewed by opposition fans as the worst team in our division, capable of (poor) hoof football...the performance at Sincil Bank aside!

Dont sit on the fence  Grin totally agree
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #492 on: February 25, 2021, 18:57:08 pm »

The evidence that Curle should be sacked was there for all to see
The evidence in favour of Brady is much improved football, more attacking producing more efforts on goal
This in turn i believe will turn into wins/
Players are behind him some openly wanting him to have the job
Its clear that the players prefer to play without the shackles of Curles defensive football
Im not a fan of bringing in 'an experienced manager ' just beacause. Gary Johnsons CV was marvellous before he came here
and finally , why not Brady, where do all managers start ?

Players will always say they want the current manager or caretaker to have the job because they want a place in the team. They're not stupid. Did any players criticise Keith Curle?? No.

As for Brady, you do know he's managed before? 306 games at Brackley Town between March 2009 and September 2015. So you could say he's one of your 'experienced managers'.   
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #493 on: February 25, 2021, 19:13:53 pm »

Sorry to say that we won't be getting Michael Appleton as he has just signed a 4 year contract extension at Lincoln. Imagine the comments on here if we gave a manager a 4 year contract as most think we should only give 12 month rolling contracts.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 25, 2021, 19:21:32 pm »

about KC's 'personal circumstances'!  - by this I mean wife, family, dependents mortgage etc. Would you wish to be in that situation yourself? Can understand where you are coming on Curle's personal attributes (?) including his much maligned match summaries. If I am going to remember the man; not by his personal failings(for some) but for the way he guided us to safety in L2,the FA Cup, what he did for Charlie Goode, unexpected promotion with two great victories. I just prefer to remember him that way Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #495 on: February 25, 2021, 19:47:42 pm »

'So you say' (you always do have a comment to make that contradicts my posts) that you would never have an opinion about why you think one manager should replace another, no matter who or for which club, as it might affect their personal situation. I think a number of people on here have indicated that the reasons I stated for wanting the switch are reasonable. You, of course, have to suggest that the post should never have been made. Why don't you consider my personal circumstances when you say such harsh words about me?  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
I might take the comments of one person so harshly that I (a) beat the wife (b) take to drink (c) push the cat out of the kitchen, or (d) spend my entire life kicking your comments back into the gutter where they belong. Guess which option I prefer.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 25, 2021, 19:56:37 pm »

'So you say' (you always do have a comment to make that contradicts my posts) that you would never have an opinion about why you think one manager should replace another, no matter who or for which club, as it might affect their personal situation. I think a number of people on here have indicated that the reasons I stated for wanting the switch are reasonable. You, of course, have to suggest that the post should never have been made. Why don't you consider my personal circumstances when you say such harsh words about me?  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
I might take the comments of one person so harshly that I (a) beat the wife (b) take to drink (c) push the cat out of the kitchen, or (d) spend my entire life kicking your comments back into the gutter where they belong. Guess which option I prefer.

Unable to trade insults but all I was saying that losing your job is not ideal for any person. Its just my opinion that's all!
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 25, 2021, 20:16:15 pm »

Hang on a minute....when we sack a manager we always end up paying them for many months/years until their contract would have run out......so Curle has been sacked....i'd imagine and indeed expect he is still getting paid his full salary, still being able to pay his mortgage, spending more time with his wife, family and dependants etc......

I don't know what i'm supposed to be feeling sympathy for at the moment......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 25, 2021, 20:42:25 pm »

Players will always say they want the current manager or caretaker to have the job because they want a place in the team. They're not stupid. Did any players criticise Keith Curle?? No.

As for Brady, you do know he's managed before? 306 games at Brackley Town between March 2009 and September 2015. So you could say he's one of your 'experienced managers'.   
Ricky Holmes as near to could be in public...and look what happened then!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 25, 2021, 21:40:27 pm »

Hang on a minute....when we sack a manager we always end up paying them for many months/years until their contract would have run out......so Curle has been sacked....i'd imagine and indeed expect he is still getting paid his full salary, still being able to pay his mortgage, spending more time with his wife, family and dependants etc......

I don't know what i'm supposed to be feeling sympathy for at the moment......

Well I don't know Curles personal circumstances or the kind of deal he has with KC.  What I suspect is that it may have been a shock to him that he lost his job. As mentioned previously I prefer to remember KC for some good moments he gave us. Seems churlish to think otherwise? How about David Martindale for Manager should get the purists going Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: