The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 07:40:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Manager

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 53799 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #540 on: February 26, 2021, 20:59:27 pm »

It's the same with any job. You are meaured on your current performance not past victories. Nobody else is to blame for his sacking but himself. It's the same as a salesman losing his job because he has failed to meet this years targets even though he has met them for the past ten years. Do you not sack him because of his "personal circumstances"? Failure to perform gets you shown to the door.

SingCob, As you might guess the point is that anybody sacked is as Melly puts it can (quote) ‘be devastating' (end quote) whether they are well healed, a football manager, a Salesman or even general public it can be a blow. Perhaps they deserve to lose their job but somebody maybe affected. I guess it can be a personal thing. To reiterate I quite liked Curle but was aghast at the last 3/4 games. Simply put; to me those two wins with the promotion put a spring in my step as it probably did for many on here. I prefer to remember him for his successes not his failures. Hope this satisfies your interest? As this particular comment has run its course; that's all from me. Good luck and UPC
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 10:50:49 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 26, 2021, 22:44:46 pm »

Look beneath the headlines, he didn't do a good job at Macclesfield.*   Wink

At the time he famously kept them in L2 but agreed with IR to have them* wound up as they apparently owed Sol £189.00. So what has he done wrong as he appeared to save Macclesfield from relegation.

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/sol-campbell-wants-macclesfield-town-17362925
Report Spam   Logged

guest3429

« Reply #542 on: February 26, 2021, 23:50:18 pm »

At the time he famously kept them in L2 but agreed with IR to have them* wound up as they apparently owed Sol £189.00. So what has he done wrong as he appeared to save Macclesfield from relegation.

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/sol-campbell-wants-macclesfield-town-17362925

Pretty much inevitable you would side with Campbell considering he is deluded and has issues. The guy who's CV reads, spent 10 days with England Under-21s boss Aidy Boothroyd?

"The FA is institutionally racist".

"I believe if I was white I would've been England captain for more than 10 years".

"I think the FA wished I was white. I had the credibility, performance-wise, to be captain. I was consistently in the heart of the defence and I was a club captain early on my career".

"I’ve asked myself many times why I wasn’t [captain]. I keep coming up with the same answer. It was the colour of my skin."

"When I left Spurs I was one of the best defenders in the world and had done so much for such a long time with ultimately little reward. I practically kept the club up on my own for two years"

Nothing but racebait.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #543 on: February 27, 2021, 04:25:49 am »

I really cant see what can be gained from getting anyone else in, we as supporters should do all we can to get JB and team the job.

Groundhog day again. Look at all the "name" managers we've had, from Internationals, promotion winners even European Cup winners and what have they achieved? Bugger all.

Since colour was invented, the most enjoyable football times we have had came from Carr, Atkins, Sammo and Wilder, the football may have been gash but even under Chard there was heart and belief.

Time to stop this utter bollocks, Brady may not be able to turn this ship around in time this season but, he'd put more bums on seats in league two, gain more support and team spirit than KC would do in league one. Its a business isn't it?

Its not my money of course but I think it would be best spent on players for Brady in the summer than big bucks for a Charlie big potatoes.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #544 on: February 27, 2021, 08:11:48 am »

It's the same with any job. You are meaured on your current performance not past victories. Nobody else is to blame for his sacking but himself. It's the same as a salesman losing his job because he has failed to meet this years targets even though he has met them for the past ten years. Do you not sack him because of his "personal circumstanes"? Failure to perform gets you shown to the door.

Not to defend the KC sacking but it’s always a poor defence to compare a football managers sacking to a ‘regular’ job. The football manager usually has the protection of a contract.
In most jobs you wouldn’t get sacked for a poor couple of months, or even a year. I guess you may walk on a compromise agreement, or protracted performance management process. Fortunately we have employment laws and HR policies to protect us from that, although there’s plenty of cowboy firms who would fire people on a whim. I’m guessing I work for a good un!
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #545 on: February 27, 2021, 09:37:11 am »

SingCob, As you might guess the point is that anybody sacked is as Melly puts it can (quote}be devastating' (end quote) whether they are well healed, a football manager, a Salesman or even general public it can be a blow. Perhaps they deserve to lose their job but somebody maybe affected. I guess it can be a personal thing. To reiterate I quite liked Curle but was aghast at the last 3/4 games. Simply put; to me those two wins with the promotion put a spring in my step as it probably did for many on here. I prefer to remember him for his successes not his failures. Hope this satisfies your interest? As this particular comment has run its course; that's all from me. Good luck and UPC

Not to defend the KC sacking but it’s always a poor defence to compare a football managers sacking to a ‘regular’ job. The football manager usually has the protection of a contract.
In most jobs you wouldn’t get sacked for a poor couple of months, or even a year. I guess you may walk on a compromise agreement, or protracted performance management process. Fortunately we have employment laws and HR policies to protect us from that, although there’s plenty of cowboy firms who would fire people on a whim. I’m guessing I work for a good un!

The reason I used the salesman as an example is because both jobs are results oriented.
Evers, I could not agree more. I was so looking forward to the start of the season after the fantastic run and play-off victories, with hopes of more play-off games, or at least comfortable survival in L1, but the fare that was served up by KC this season was dire, but as you say let's remember the good times and also remember we are in L1(albeit in a shít position) thanks to KC.

Cobblerrtone. Believe me salespeople get shown the door for poor performance on a regular basis and they do have contracts which offer the standard protection from being sacked on a whim. What the man in the street does not have is the parachute payments made until the end of their contracts or until they find a new job. Pretty much every job to a greater or lesser extent is performance based and as a manager your job is to get the best performance from your team wether it be a football team or a team building widgits and failure to do this will get you shown the door.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #546 on: February 27, 2021, 10:27:44 am »

My order of preference would be:

1. John Brady (on the very important proviso that he proves that he can get wins at this level over the next three games or so)
2. An experienced L1 head like Paul Cook (unlikely)
or 3. An up-and-coming League 2 manager like Michael Flynn or at Newport at Duff at Cheltenham (would require compensation but would pay off massively IMO - c.f. Wilder)

Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #547 on: February 27, 2021, 10:47:04 am »

My order of preference would be:

1. John Brady (on the very important proviso that he proves that he can get wins at this level over the next three games or so)
2. An experienced L1 head like Paul Cook (unlikely)
or 3. An up-and-coming League 2 manager like Michael Flynn or at Newport at Duff at Cheltenham (would require compensation but would pay off massively IMO - c.f. Wilder)

How about 4. Taking a punt on a non-league manager, porbably a cheaper option than 2 and 3. Maybe we get a manager who has a singleminded very driven attitude to show their prowess in a higher league.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 27, 2021, 10:52:53 am »

Pretty much inevitable you would side with Campbell considering he is deluded and has issues. The guy who's CV reads, spent 10 days with England Under-21s boss Aidy Boothroyd?

"The FA is institutionally racist".

"I believe if I was white I would've been England captain for more than 10 years".

"I think the FA wished I was white. I had the credibility, performance-wise, to be captain. I was consistently in the heart of the defence and I was a club captain early on my career".

"I’ve asked myself many times why I wasn’t [captain]. I keep coming up with the same answer. It was the colour of my skin."

"When I left Spurs I was one of the best defenders in the world and had done so much for such a long time with ultimately little reward. I practically kept the club up on my own for two years"

Nothing but racebait.

Apart from your probable unsubstantiated comments what has he actually done wrong?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 11:01:37 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest3429

« Reply #549 on: February 27, 2021, 12:02:48 pm »

Apart from your probable unsubstantiated comments what has he actually done wrong?

You remind me of The Black Knight.  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #550 on: February 27, 2021, 12:06:59 pm »

He is quoted as saying he was subjected to the worst case of personal racism against him at Sixfields that he experienced in his whole playing career.
I think that's what he said anyhow?

As one of the many in the North at the time I can categorically say I heard nothing of the sort and I'm pretty sure I would not have missed something as apparently overt as that.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 27, 2021, 12:08:23 pm »

You remind me of The Black Knight.  Kiss

Please tell what is your problem?
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #552 on: February 27, 2021, 13:35:30 pm »

I suggested that you look 'beneath' the headlines and you quote one back at me?   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #553 on: February 27, 2021, 13:45:31 pm »

I suggested that you look 'beneath' the headlines and you quote one back at me?   Roll Eyes

What did you expect? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #554 on: February 27, 2021, 14:16:58 pm »

Tall, short, fat, thin, black, white, gay, straight and anything in between....some people are just horrible c*nts.

He just never portrays himself as a very nice person. Perhaps he just wasn’t as good as he thought he was.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #555 on: February 27, 2021, 14:58:50 pm »

He is quoted as saying he was subjected to the worst case of personal racism against him at Sixfields that he experienced in his whole playing career.
I think that's what he said anyhow?

As one of the many in the North at the time I can categorically say I heard nothing of the sort and I'm pretty sure I would not have missed something as apparently overt as that.

It's an interesting one. Why would he say that? I'm not saying that there was a any racist remarks but you can't help wondering why he would pick out Sixfields. There's no other animosity as far as I know.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #556 on: February 27, 2021, 15:29:34 pm »

It's an interesting one. Why would he say that? I'm not saying that there was a any racist remarks but you can't help wondering why he would pick out Sixfields. There's no other animosity as far as I know.

He took plenty of stick that night, but I didn't hear one word of it relating to his colour.
Report Spam   Logged
DAZ21

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 27, 2021, 15:41:58 pm »

Not much of a prospect now 4 from safety. Who in their right mind would want the challenge?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #558 on: February 27, 2021, 15:49:12 pm »

Not much of a prospect now 4 from safety. Who in their right mind would want the challenge?

Plenty would. If they could keep us up it would look good on anyone's CV.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #559 on: February 27, 2021, 15:52:42 pm »

Plenty would. If they could keep us up it would look good on anyone's CV.

Nobody is keeping this group of players up
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: