The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:34:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Brady Bunch V Burton Albion Saturday 13th Feb

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Brady Bunch V Burton Albion Saturday 13th Feb  (Read 11386 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #220 on: February 13, 2021, 17:47:11 pm »

I thought they were very strange substitutions. He talked in his pre-match preview about playing players in the correct positions, then puts Harriman on at left back, he’s played there before but that isn’t his position! Then Rose off for Edmundson? We needed goals why not **** and get more forwards on.. not really on the front foot as he suggested!

Brave of you to mention this; apart from intricate passing in the first 35 mins it was a similar game to Wigan and only lost 0-1!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #221 on: February 13, 2021, 17:49:21 pm »

I had the same problem last week. Mods ... what’s the problem with the g word??

It's from the American Service Provider, there are a number of other words that are also surprising to be included in that filter.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #222 on: February 13, 2021, 17:49:31 pm »

Sheehan instead of Bolger and Miller instead of Hoskins would be ideal but I’m not sure either will be fit. We moved the ball far better today than most games this year and we’re very unlucky not to get 2 or 3 goals. That is far more than we have achieved recently.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 13, 2021, 17:51:01 pm »

Everbrite I detect sour grapes from you because KC has gone, would have thought you would get behind the new trio and give them a little more than 35 minutes!
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #224 on: February 13, 2021, 17:54:18 pm »

It was difficult to tell which team was 23rd in the league and which was 24th in a scrappy game poor in quality that had 0-0 written all over it. Then, like Tuesday, we make a stupid mistake and gift the opposition a goal. I cannot believe that Brady backs Mitchell and didn't think it was a back pass. We line up across the goal line with no space between our players so if we stay there and Burton blast the free kick chances are it will hit one of our players unless they manage to hit the roof of the net. But everbody rushes out towards the ball leaving a huge gap by the post which they exploit. Then we let a player run from well within his own half unchallenged for the second.
There was a marginal improvement on Tuesday but nothing to give confidence of escaping the drop. Apart from saving Roses header the Burton 'keeper was untroubled which says a lot when you are playing the bottom team at home. We did not get enough men forward to support Rose and the formation always looked more 451 than 433. An early goal in those first fifteen minutes could have made a lot of difference. Again when we went forward we chose the wrong option at times with Hoskins and Morris shooting from distance when there were better options. Frankly if we were still in division 2 I doubt that we would be pushing for promotion.
If a new manager is appointed  he is not going to know a lot of the players and will take time to assess what he has and we do not have that much time. We now need to pick up points from games where we previously thought we had little chance of doing so and it appears there is trouble in the camp with Brady saying players are blaming each other.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 13, 2021, 17:54:59 pm »

Sheehan instead of Bolger and Miller instead of Hoskins would be ideal but I’m not sure either will be fit. We moved the ball far better today than most games this year and we’re very unlucky not to get 2 or 3 goals. That is far more than we have achieved recently.

Lincoln and Accrington?
Report Spam   Logged

Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #226 on: February 13, 2021, 18:00:28 pm »

Brave of you to mention this; apart from intricate passing in the first 35 mins it was a similar game to Wigan and only lost 0-1!
I thought we looked better today, just thought it was a pretty negative change to make
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2021, 18:07:48 pm »

Everbrite I detect sour grapes from you because KC has gone, would have thought you would get behind the new trio and give them a little more than 35 minutes!

I prefer an experienced Manager like Cook; I think giving the Brady team time is disastrous. If he gets 3 points at Ipswich will reserve judgement. JB is good at coaching the under 18's but not a struggling L1 side. Stand bye my comment on Marshall; very good impact sub  who has proved his worth in the past in that role..
Report Spam   Logged

crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2021, 18:12:29 pm »

Agree with the Sheehan and Miller point but I think you’re overstating today’s performance a little bit. We played well for about 20 mins today which is barely a quarter of the game. After that we were poor with very little creativity and yet more defensive lapses. Let’s also remember that this was all against the team bottom of the league, who granted have improved under JFH but looked extremely average today. Had KC still been in charge today we’d all be saying it was quite a poor performance I think.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2021, 18:16:36 pm »

I agree that you'd probably have seen that as ineffective even before the goal was conceded if Curle was in charge, and judging it more harshly, but the possession stat and succesful pass percentage was wildly different, and much easier on the eye.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2021, 18:20:58 pm »

Agree with the Sheehan and Miller point but I think you’re overstating today’s performance a little bit. We played well for about 20 mins today which is barely a quarter of the game. After that we were poor with very little creativity and yet more defensive lapses. Let’s also remember that this was all against the team bottom of the league, who granted have improved under JFH but looked extremely average today. Had KC still been in charge today we’d all be saying it was quite a poor performance I think.

Well spotted Cool
Report Spam   Logged

crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 13, 2021, 18:30:40 pm »

We started in the front foot which was exactly what he said he wanted in his pre-match interview.

Just reading the post match interview though.....he's "only had two one hour sessions with the boys".....Huh?Huh? So he got the caretaker role on Wednesday afternoon, and we only trained for an hour on Thursday and an hour on Friday? An hour a day?

I thought this as well. Seemed a short amount of time given he got the caretaker role on Wednesday.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2021, 18:36:47 pm »

I agree that you'd probably have seen that as ineffective even before the goal was conceded if Curle was in charge, and judging it more harshly, but the possession stat and succesful pass percentage was wildly different, and much easier on the eye.

Easier on the eye but same result. We did also have some ‘easier on the eye’ performances under Curle. Definitely better possession stats but did we really look any more threatening after the first 20 mins? I’d say no.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 13, 2021, 18:52:03 pm »

I understand that point of view completely, but for me, I actually wanted to watch the game, which I hadn't wanted to do for the last month or so. I would even choose that over horrible hoofball that lets us win 1 - 0, but I understand that wouldn't be everyones view.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 13, 2021, 18:57:05 pm »

Welly I agree, we tried to play football today and could have won the game, haven’t seen that for a long time. We have a great performance from Marshall who was frozen out by KC. Yet still we have sour grapes from those who wanted Curle to stay. I’ve had enough of this board especially certain characters who don’t wish to see anyone else’s opinion or views. EB just crawl back under your Lotus cap. Goodbye from me.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2021, 19:12:49 pm »

I understand that point of view completely, but for me, I actually wanted to watch the game, which I hadn't wanted to do for the last month or so. I would even choose that over horrible hoofball that lets us win 1 - 0, but I understand that wouldn't be everyones view.

You’d rather watch us lose than watch us win  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 13, 2021, 19:19:30 pm »

You’d rather watch us lose than watch us win  Huh?
Yeah, and I get that isnt a priority for everyone, but after Boothroyd and Curle and even Calderwood, i'm just burnt out of it having to watch hoofball. If you told me today that the Cowleys would come in today, and we'd be guaranteed League 1 football next year, but in return every game would be just pumping the ball long, I would not take that deal.

If we're staring at the trapdoor to the conference, i'd be willing to reconsider, but for me now, enough is enough.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #237 on: February 13, 2021, 19:30:02 pm »

It does seem, especially on social media, that those who have wanted Curle out for months (years) on end, thought today was better. Whilst those of us who tipped on Tuesday, but prior to that appreciated what Curle had achieved, didn't...

For me, today we started off well. 15 minutes, we were the better team. Then it was hoof. hoof. hoof. Better than Tuesday? Yeah for sure. Better than Accrington last Saturday? Not a chance...

Today we were awful. 83 minutes before a change? Then we brought on a defender and played him out of position. In the managers interview, the comments I've read are that he was honest, came across well. I thought he spoke a load of crap!! He spent about 2 minutes waffling on about how the free kick wasn't a free kick and Mitchell made the right decision to claim the ball. Oh well, we all see things differently I guess!

In summary. It was time for Curle to go. We've got caretaker(s) who have never managed above step6. And that showed today. Or at least it did for me.

We need a proper manager, asap. One with next season (and beyond) in mind. Brady...give me strength. My Wife would have made a better fist of it today...she certainly wouldn't have waited 83 minutes before making a change and then bringing a defender on. Well she might have done. But you get my point!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 13, 2021, 19:34:11 pm »

Welly I agree, we tried to play football today and could have won the game, haven’t seen that for a long time. We have a great performance from Marshall who was frozen out by KC. Yet still we have sour grapes from those who wanted Curle to stay. I’ve had enough of this board especially certain characters who don’t wish to see anyone else’s opinion or views. EB just crawl back under your Lotus cap. Goodbye from me.

Well I for one thought that Curles position as Manager was somewhat shaky after Wigan and so it proved. Its just ironic that JB failed in similar fashion.

Report Spam   Logged

Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #239 on: February 13, 2021, 19:37:38 pm »

Well I for one thought that Curles position as Manager was somewhat shaky after Wigan and so it proved. Its just ironic that JB failed in similar fashion.

A little bit harsh, Curle has about 500 League games as a manager under his belt, it was Brady's FIRST game !
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: