The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 22:45:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Brady Bunch V Burton Albion Saturday 13th Feb

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Brady Bunch V Burton Albion Saturday 13th Feb  (Read 11626 times)
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #240 on: February 13, 2021, 19:43:30 pm »

It does seem, especially on social media, that those who have wanted Curle out for months (years) on end, thought today was better. Whilst those of us who tipped on Tuesday, but prior to that appreciated what Curle had achieved, didn't...

For me, today we started off well. 15 minutes, we were the better team. Then it was hoof. hoof. hoof. Better than Tuesday? Yeah for sure. Better than Accrington last Saturday? Not a chance...

Today we were awful. 83 minutes before a change? Then we brought on a defender and played him out of position. In the managers interview, the comments I've read are that he was honest, came across well. I thought he spoke a load of crap!! He spent about 2 minutes waffling on about how the free kick wasn't a free kick and Mitchell made the right decision to claim the ball. Oh well, we all see things differently I guess!

In summary. It was time for Curle to go. We've got caretaker(s) who have never managed above step6. And that showed today. Or at least it did for me.

We need a proper manager, asap. One with next season (and beyond) in mind. Brady...give me strength. My Wife would have made a better fist of it today...she certainly wouldn't have waited 83 minutes before making a change and then bringing a defender on. Well she might have done. But you get my point!

It baffles me that you and others are talking as if Brady has been in charge for a couple of years and has assembled a squad that he is happy with.

The fact of the matter is he has been in charge of a squad for a couple of days that have scored 1 in 8 and haven’t won in 7.

Did we give it a go, yes. Did we at least try to play a bit, yes. Did we finally have a couple of shots, yes.

What were you all expecting, Hoskins to notch 7 and Cobblers to run riot with a 15-0 win?

The squad is just as s***e now as it was this time last week.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #241 on: February 13, 2021, 20:04:18 pm »

It baffles me that you and others are talking as if Brady has been in charge for a couple of years and has assembled a squad that he is happy with.

The fact of the matter is he has been in charge of a squad for a couple of days that have scored 1 in 8 and haven’t won in 7.

Did we give it a go, yes. I WOULD SAY NO. 1 STRIKER FOR THE WHOLE GAME. Did we at least try to play a bit, yes. YES. BUT WE ALWAYS DID TRY.  Did we finally have a couple of shots, yes. YES. TWO. NO ARGUEMENTS THERE.

What were you all expecting, Hoskins to notch 7 and Cobblers to run riot with a 15-0 win?  NO.

The squad is just as s***e now as it was this time last week. AGREED.

What I did expect, at half time, was to go a little more attacking, Rose was isolated, and to give him a partner in crime. 83 minutes into the game, we made our first change. Rose and McWilliams came off, Edmonson and Harriman came on. So we replaced a midfielder and a striker with a defender and a striker (whose never scored in league1).

Thats how I saw today. Negative. From 15 minutes in, too finish. We got away with a nailed on penalty around an hour in, and waited...waited...waited...until they scored...and then a few minutes more still....to make a change.

If thats what you want to see, fair game. Its not what I expect a football manager to do. Any football manager. I was upbeat before the game, but having seen what I saw, Im struggling.

Its a shame that in the 2 hours of training (in 3 days) he didn't work out that we possibly need to play with more than 1 up front, against the worst team in the division, that perhaps we need to 'play on the front foot'...
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #242 on: February 13, 2021, 20:05:54 pm »

Yeah, and I get that isnt a priority for everyone, but after Boothroyd and Curle and even Calderwood, i'm just burnt out of it having to watch hoofball. If you told me today that the Cowleys would come in today, and we'd be guaranteed League 1 football next year, but in return every game would be just pumping the ball long, I would not take that deal.

If we're staring at the trapdoor to the conference, i'd be willing to reconsider, but for me now, enough is enough.

Dear Welly
You see to be edging towards the dark side Cool I would have been delighted with a point today. Incidentally and particularly during the second half we began to hoof it, I counted at least 7 times but gave up. All this crap about fancy dan play(no pun intended Dan - true supporter) and neat passing; the Kettering Guy said we are taking 2 or 3 passes to get get the ball into the box when one would do! The best Cobbler's sides have always been direct with two decent fwds! I am not ashamed to say am not particularly concerned about style of play provided we get something from a game. In fact if somebody says 'pleasing on the eye ' again will make indecent gestures at the comment!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 13, 2021, 20:26:31 pm »

Did we give it a go, yes. Did we at least try to play a bit, yes. Did we finally have a couple of shots, yes.

What were you all expecting, Hoskins to notch 7 and Cobblers to run riot with a 15-0 win?

The squad is just as s***e now as it was this time last week.

I thought that some on here said KC's tactics were stifling the players of which a few had a bit of quality. Now you are contradicting those punters in saying the squad is rubbish. Did we give it a go - about 20mins and then faded. Play a bit - ok if you feel a bit of tippy tappy gains you el dorado. I expected a draw at least to get JB off to half decent start. So you think a couple shots is fair! I think you need a dose of realism; we are in a relegation scrap and we have to do better to survive.
Report Spam   Logged

Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 13, 2021, 20:42:00 pm »

What I did expect, at half time, was to go a little more attacking, Rose was isolated, and to give him a partner in crime. 83 minutes into the game, we made our first change. Rose and McWilliams came off, Edmonson and Harriman came on. So we replaced a midfielder and a striker with a defender and a striker (whose never scored in league1).

Thats how I saw today. Negative. From 15 minutes in, too finish. We got away with a nailed on penalty around an hour in, and waited...waited...waited...until they scored...and then a few minutes more still....to make a change.

If thats what you want to see, fair game. Its not what I expect a football manager to do. Any football manager. I was upbeat before the game, but having seen what I saw, Im struggling.

Its a shame that in the 2 hours of training (in 3 days) he didn't work out that we possibly need to play with more than 1 up front, against the worst team in the division, that perhaps we need to 'play on the front foot'...

So he should have selected a more prolific League 1 striker from the bench?

He has been given a dud hand and you honestly expected him to turn it into gold in the space of 3 days. That really is crazy.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 13, 2021, 20:45:16 pm »

I thought that some on here said KC's tactics were stifling the players of which a few had a bit of quality. Now you are contradicting those punters in saying the squad is rubbish. Did we give it a go - about 20mins and then faded. Play a bit - ok if you feel a bit of tippy tappy gains you el dorado. I expected a draw at least to get JB off to half decent start. So you think a couple shots is fair! I think you need a dose of realism; we are in a relegation scrap and we have to do better to survive.

There is no scrap to be had. KC has assembled a squad worthy of non league. KT gave him the transfer window as the last throw of the dice, we need to take stock and plan for next season.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #246 on: February 13, 2021, 21:16:45 pm »

There is no scrap to be had. KC has assembled a squad worthy of non league. KT gave him the transfer window as the last throw of the dice, we need to take stock and plan for next season.
If you ask me Thomas fcuked up not getting rid of Curle before the window, he stuck with him for a couple of games after the window closed and then sacked him, I’ll leave you to draw your own conclusions?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 13, 2021, 21:26:52 pm »

What with 19/20 games to come Roll Eyes - we need to scrap and fight for every point for remainder of season. It appears at least to me you are at odds with the opinion of some on here! I hope as a true fan you are not throwing in the towel just to take stock Grin
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #248 on: February 13, 2021, 21:37:44 pm »

What with 19/20 games to come Roll Eyes - we need to scrap and fight for every point for remainder of season. It appears at least to me you are at odds with the opinion of some on here! I hope as a true fan you are not throwing in the towel just to take stock Grin

The Curle haters will be using the next 2 years of potential failure as an excuse. They are similar to those who voted for Labour - blame everything on cons. For ever!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 13, 2021, 21:58:32 pm »

The Curle haters will be using the next 2 years of potential failure as an excuse. They are similar to those who voted for Labour - blame everything on cons. For ever!  Grin

True 'Drilling' response - actually I blame the Remainers. I hope some on here hold their nerve and support the team to the bitter end!   
Report Spam   Logged

Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #250 on: February 14, 2021, 00:04:58 am »

You do know if you didn’t do it it’s not your fault eh Drilling?
The worst GDP slump in Europe and one of the worst death rates in the world is down to who? Keith Curle?
Me? You? Or someone else?
There’s too much politics on this bloody forum. Some of your blokes just can’t help yourself can you?
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
guest3419

« Reply #251 on: February 14, 2021, 03:25:51 am »

After just 3 days a new manager can give new instructions but it amazes me that posters are critical that the players, with fragile confidence, do not impliment it for the full 90 munutes.
It takes a long time to stop and then turn the oil tanker around.

Please get realistic, especially when we do not have the quality of last season in the squad!
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 14, 2021, 06:15:55 am »

If you ask me Thomas fcuked up not getting rid of Curle before the window, he stuck with him for a couple of games after the window closed and then sacked him, I’ll leave you to draw your own conclusions?

Exactly. Yet people are genuinely surprised Brady hasn’t turned the same set of players into a decent side in 3 days.

Absolute madness.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #253 on: February 14, 2021, 06:55:38 am »

The difference between this season and last is that last year we played bad football well and this year we've been playing bad football badly. As you'd expect, this has bought with it bad results which in turn lead to a team bereft of confidence and with a losing mindset.

The first 20 minutes yesterday showed a massive improvement. Massive. Not just in style of play but in chances created. When those chances didn't get put away though I think the players started to think "here we go again" and we faded a little. I actually thought we were still ok until the first goal went in, at which point our mental fragility was exposed and we reverted to type.

Yes, it was a game we really needed to get something out of but after the initial disappointment of not seeing an instant upturn in fortune is out of the way, I think I'm actually quite encouraged by what I saw because there were a few proverbial green shoots of recovery to be seen.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #254 on: February 14, 2021, 07:42:40 am »

Got to enjoy the attempted wind up comments from Drilling last night  Grin good try Shane.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Knockingonabit

View Profile
Windows User Nineth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #255 on: February 14, 2021, 07:54:42 am »

Back Of The Net.
Agree Completely

Everbrite.
Your comments would try the patience of a Saint
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #256 on: February 14, 2021, 10:41:27 am »

not sure why anyone is complaining about the referee .
That was a back pass and the keeper should not have picked it up .
Poor football from Bolger and Mitchell .
I am not sure why the management team only had 2 hours with the players before the game .
There’s 16 working hours on a thursday and friday last time i looked .
Nothing can be judged on this game and i would like this management team to be given until the end of the season
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 14, 2021, 10:58:07 am »

Welly I agree, we tried to play football today and could have won the game, haven’t seen that for a long time. We have a great performance from Marshall who was frozen out by KC. Yet still we have sour grapes from those who wanted Curle to stay. I’ve had enough of this board especially certain characters who don’t wish to see anyone else’s opinion or views. EB just crawl back under your Lotus cap. Goodbye from me.

Maybe you are having  ‘sour grapes’ with those who thought you exaggerated the performance yesterday. What I don’t get is to criticise certain characters who have different opinions it’s a football forum not a Sunday School session. Please come back and defend your opinions vigorously.
Report Spam   Logged

Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #258 on: February 14, 2021, 11:26:31 am »

I've seen more blatant back passes got away with but, the point I would make about the ref is, if EVER we are winning a game, I'd like him to be the ref because there was some shockingly bad time wasting by Burton but he never said a word or added the time on. Maybe he knew, like the rest of us, that we weren't going to score !
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #259 on: February 14, 2021, 11:53:34 am »

I am not sure why the management team only had 2 hours with the players before the game .
There’s 16 working hours on a thursday and friday last time i looked .
Nothing can be judged on this game and i would like this management team to be given until the end of the season
I don't know the ins and outs of a football managers day to day, but if you're the head of the academy on Wednesday and on Thursday you're the first team coach with a game to prepare for on the Saturday, with a remit to try and build your own plan, come up with your own tactics and analyse the opposition, deal with the press and organise who is doing your own job at the same time, I don't think you're left with hours and hours left over to be able to lead coaching sessions.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: