The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:08:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Tractor Boys away Tuesday 16/02/21

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tractor Boys away Tuesday 16/02/21  (Read 8257 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« on: February 14, 2021, 16:04:24 pm »

The struggling Cobblers play a local derby away at Ipswich on Tuesday night.....well Anglia News will probably call it a local derby at least!!

Town sit 23rd in the table, Ipswich are not doing that well under Paul Lambert this season and find themselves sitting in 12th place on 39 points, which is currently five points outside of the playoffs but they do have games in hand on most of the teams above them. Their game at Shrewsbury on Saturday was called off due to a frozen pitch so its been a week since their last action, when they slipped to a 2-1 defeat in the mud at London Road to the Posh. Current form wise they only have 1 win in their last five games, that was a 2-0 success over Blackpool in their last home game. They are without a home league draw this season, eight wins go alongside six defeats and just 16 goals scored. Those 6 defeats came in 7 games. They lost to Hull, Charlton, Portsmouth, Swindon, Peterborough and Sunderland and actually failed to score in five of those six. A win over Burton was the only game to break the sequence. They have also lost home cup games against Arsenal U21's in the Trophy, Fulham in the EFL Cup and Portsmouth in the FA Cup so home has not been good to them this season.

Joint top scorers for the Blues are Gwion Edwards and Jon Nolan with just five goals apiece, Ed Bishop has four and the prolific James Norwood just three but he did have a spell out through injury.

A few Cobblers connections in their ranks, Luke Chambers is still with them, now in his ninth year he has made 380 appearances for them, hard to believe he made his debut for us almost 18 years ago now!! Goalkeeper Dave Cornell is also in their ranks now, he joined them last Summer but has only made six league appearances. A third ex Cobbler is Emyr Huws who had a loan spell with us back in 2012 whilst at Manchester City. A looser connection is their midfielder Andre Dozzell, who is the son of former Ipswich and Northampton midfielder Jason.

Head to Head, going back to 1938 we've only met each other 31 times in all competitions, they hold the upper hand but only just with 12 wins to our 11. In the league we lead 10 wins to nine. Our last trip to Portman Road resulted in a Cobblers victory, we came from behind to beat them 2-1 in a Carling Cup tie back in August 2011 with Ben Tozer and Paul Turnbull scoring our goals. This will be the first time we have faced them in the League though since 1966-67 season, the season after relegation from the top flight, we were trounced 6-1 away that season but we did draw the home game. Our last league win on their patch came in 1957!!

Darren Drysdale is down to officiate in the match, nineteen games this season have seen him flash 46 yellow cards and just the one red. Seven of those yellow cards were in our first game of the season, that 3-0 win over Cardiff in the EFL Cup seems a distant memory now! The experienced whistler is in his 17th year on the League list.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 17:07:10 pm »

I'll be cowering behind the sofa for this one.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 18:37:00 pm »

Having had the worst possible week we need to pick up some points from this weeks 2 away games and I believe the Ipswich game probably presents the better chance as MK are in good form having 10 points from their last 4 games.
Ipswich are not prolific scorers, only 6 teams in the division have scored fewer goals, and they have not scored more than 2 in a home league game. They have lost 6 of the last 8 home games failing to score in 5 and only keeping 1 clean sheet, strange as they did not concede a goal in the first 5 home games.
Unlikely that Cornell will be playing as after a run of games he has lost his place, also they have recently dropped Chambers who was playing right back.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 19:23:36 pm »

they have not scored more than 2 in a home league game.
I don’t think they need to worry, I can’t see any scenario where they would need more than 2 goals to win.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 19:49:20 pm »

Having had the worst possible week we need to pick up some points from this weeks 2 away games and I believe the Ipswich game probably presents the better chance as MK are in good form having 10 points from their last 4 games.
Ipswich are not prolific scorers, only 6 teams in the division have scored fewer goals, and they have not scored more than 2 in a home league game. They have lost 6 of the last 8 home games failing to score in 5 and only keeping 1 clean sheet, strange as they did not concede a goal in the first 5 home games.
Unlikely that Cornell will be playing as after a run of games he has lost his place, also they have recently dropped Chambers who was playing right back.
They should be made to play Cornell so it even things up a bit.
3-0 tractor boys
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 19:58:49 pm »

They should be made to play Cornell so it even things up a bit.
3-0 tractor boys

😂😂
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 21:43:52 pm »

1-1
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 22:48:21 pm »

Another loss. You cant polish a turd.
2-0 Ippy
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2021, 00:04:10 am »

I’m going for a dour backs to the wall 0-0.
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 06:27:10 am »

1-1
I guess you’re factored in an own goal from them?
Report Spam   Logged
Pablo69

View Profile
Level 5 Signature Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2021, 08:08:27 am »

Let's be positive and hope that the fact we are not playing a team in the bottom 7 means that we relax and play good football. A 1-1  draw for me .
Report Spam   Logged

"The voice of reason"
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2021, 08:40:41 am »

Is Sheehan or Miller available?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 11:16:26 am »

Probably not.

Great work by KC getting Sheehan tied up to a longer contract.

Was Miller ever fit or is he another Nuttall?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2021, 11:33:15 am »

Probably not.

Great work by KC getting Sheehan tied up to a longer contract.

Was Miller ever fit or is he another Nuttall?
I guess when your shopping at the food bank your just grateful for anything.
I don’t believe KC would have signed any of these “players” if he would have known their injury records, I think Miller was bad luck, Sheehan is McCormack all over again, Nuttall is yet another massive embarrassment to the club.
WTF does Whiting do, he needs to be more hands on in some of theses deals as he is KTs right hand man.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2021, 11:40:21 am »

I guess when your shopping at the food bank your just grateful for anything.
I don’t believe KC would have signed any of these “players” if he would have known their injury records, I think Miller was bad luck, Sheehan is McCormack all over again, Nuttall is yet another massive embarrassment to the club.
WTF does Whiting do, he needs to be more hands on in some of theses deals as he is KTs right hand man.

Simon Tracey made the player recommendations to KC, based on how KC plays & the characteristics KC looks for in players...that worked out well!

We've got Tracey & Dan Watson for at least another year unless they get sacked too, once the new gaffa comes in, as he'll probably want his own backroom team.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2021, 12:58:28 pm »

The Burton game, although a bit livelier, did it for me, the last embers of hope were stinking of damp piss by the final whistle.

So much did it affect me, I’ve actually gone full circle and now just finding it funny.

Same as the cricket! If Carlsberg did shit sporting weeks..
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2021, 13:56:11 pm »

Another loss. You cant polish a turd.
2-0 Ippy

No, but you can roll it in glitter. Either way another loss on the horizon.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2021, 15:01:12 pm »

Waiting for Sheehan to be fit is much akin (to those old enough to remember) to waiting for a Take Hart Gallery gift... perpetually in the post!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2021, 19:09:53 pm »

Waiting for Sheehan to be fit is much akin (to those old enough to remember) to waiting for a Take Hart Gallery gift... perpetually in the post!
Andy Peters didn’t wait that long apparently!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest49

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2021, 21:29:52 pm »

Not sure about Ipswich but I’ll guess at Northampton nil.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: