The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:37:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Away at the MK Dons Saturday 20/02/21

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Away at the MK Dons Saturday 20/02/21  (Read 9160 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« on: February 18, 2021, 16:49:24 pm »

So here is your regular (by now) "48 hours before the game preview".... This Saturday we make our shortest trip of the season to Bletchley to face the MK Dons.......

MK are sitting in 13th place with 38 points from 28 games, so thirteen points and eight places better off than us. They've actually had a decent run recently after bouncing around the bottom half earlier in the season. They have won 7 of their last 12 games in all competitions, and are unbeaten in four in the league. Home form has been patchy, too many draws with six recorded in their thirteen games so far, with four wins and just three defeats, those coming against Lincoln, Hull and Charlton. 19 goals scored and 15 conceded in the league, they are coming off the back of two decent away wins in the league, 4-1 at Rochdale and a 1-0 victory over Hull last Saturday. They were without a midweek game.

Cameron Jerome leads their scoring charts with 11, nine of them in the League, and Scott Fraser has also bagged nine goals in the League for them since his move from Burton. Jerome missed the win over Hull having gone off injured in the Rochdale game. Dons have also signed Will Grigg on loan from Sunderland and he is looking for his first goal of the season.

Former Cobblers in the Dons ranks currently are regular goalkeeper Andrew Fisher who had a loan stint with us last season, back up keeper Lee Nicholls who again was with us on loan back in 2012/13 and a third loanee in Regan Poole who we had from Manchester United in 2017. The fourth ex Cobbler in their ranks is Hiram Boateng who is currently on loan at Cambridge.

After a sticky start the Dons manager Russell Martin is earning plaudits for the easy on the eye style of football and has now recorded 22 wins in his 61 games in charge. He has today been linked with the vacant Bristol City managerial post.

Head to Head in the Dons short league career, we have now met 17 times and The Cobblers have only recorded three wins. This will be the fourth meeting this season following two games in the EFL Trophy, both of which were won by the Dons, a goalless draw was the outcome in the reverse league fixture back in November. In the four previous league encounters in Milton Keynes we have managed a draw and three defeats, our last league visit there resulted in a 1-0 defeat back in October 2018 in front of nearly 10000 fans. Sam Hoskins started that day with Shaun McWilliams coming off the bench, they are the only two survivors from our squad for that game.

Referee in charge at ringside for this one....will be Samuel Barrott who will travel down from West Riding, he's a first year EFL Ref...we seem to get a fair few of them..... who has handed out 58 yellow and 4 red cards in his 22 games. Three of those reds have come in his last seven games. He has not reffed either side before.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 18:48:54 pm »

Correction - Regan Poole is not at MK they sold him to Lincoln in January.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 18:54:51 pm »

For the life of me, I don't remember Andrew Fisher being at the Cobblers last season, between the sticks or otherwise... whoever he is!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 18:58:45 pm »

For the life of me, I don't remember Andrew Fisher being at the Cobblers last season, between the sticks or otherwise... whoever he is!

Loan signing from Blackburn Rovers, played a few games in the EFL Trophy if I remember correctly. He was signed to cover for Steve Arnold's injury suffered at Port Vale. 
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 20:57:46 pm »

We are winless at MK, usually backed by thousands of Cobblers fans in that soulless too-big-for-them stadium. Glad not to be there again tbh, too many depressing memories of bad luck and bad refereeing decisions. So, this means we will probably, get the win there this season. Here's hoping we do and it really kick-starts the revival to safety.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 11:44:57 am »

Time to put right our abysmal record at Stadium MK, although looking at the score predictions on their forum we have no chance. Of the 24 posters 23 predict a MK win with 1 giving us a draw, only 9 think we will score but the average poster thinks MK will score 3-4 goals. Do they not know we have kept 4 clean sheets in our last 7 league games and only conceded 5 times.
Although they are on a decent run of form they have only won 4 of their 13 home games and they have 3 clean sheets. Only once have they failed to score and only once have they scored more than 2.
In our last 4 away games we have draws at Fleetwood, Accrington and Ipswich so their is no reason why we cannot get a positive result at MK.
As GPC says the referee already has issued 4 red cards (as has the referee for our Rochdale game on Tuesday) so they are challenging our old friend Charles Breakspear who so far has 5. We need to cut out the silly yellow cards we are picking up or we will again be incurring further suspensions.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 12:35:01 pm »

Correction - Regan Poole is not at MK they sold him to Lincoln in January.

Good shout.....my mistake!
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 13:15:21 pm »

Loan signing from Blackburn Rovers, played a few games in the EFL Trophy if I remember correctly. He was signed to cover for Steve Arnold's injury suffered at Port Vale. 
Ah, vaguely vaguely remember now I think. 👍
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2021, 15:49:06 pm »

Indeed, Bradley Lashley covered on the bench for a few games then Fisher came in. He started all three Trophy group games but only made the bench for all the league games until Arnold returned, which he did for the Chippenham away FA Cup game. Fisher then returned to Blackburn at the start of the January transfer window and then joined MK at the end of it, not making an appearance before the season was cut short.

He started in Blackburns EFL Cup season opener against Doncaster in August but then didn't appear again before he moved to MK on a free transfer in October.
Report Spam   Logged

EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 18:43:03 pm »

We are winless at MK, usually backed by thousands of Cobblers fans in that soulless too-big-for-them stadium. Glad not to be there again tbh, too many depressing memories of bad luck and bad refereeing decisions. So, this means we will probably, get the win there this season. Here's hoping we do and it really kick-starts the revival to safety.

There does seem to be a curse on us when we play at the Bletchley Bowl. So anyone who knows any suitable spells or prayers, get busy.
By the way, what colours do they play in this season?, they never seem quite sure. I suppose it depends which colour shirt W*nkleman can get the best deal on!
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 18:48:03 pm »

I doubt that there will be any noticeable difference in the noise level of the home support tomorrow to that of previous seasons.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2021, 19:01:36 pm »

I doubt that there will be any noticeable difference in the noise level of the home support tomorrow to that of previous seasons.

Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2021, 19:07:20 pm »

In days gone past MKUltra vs NAT. No contest. I do miss a good ruck.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2021, 19:36:50 pm »

Me too.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2021, 19:40:58 pm »

Any advice on parking?

God, do I miss boring clueless fans...not!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2021, 21:22:34 pm »

i think if Miller and Sheehan are half fit they will play in this game .
JB needs a win and we need goals .
Miller fits perfectly into a 4 4 2 and has to play .
Not sure who will be picked alongside Rose - it could even be Chuck
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2021, 07:20:20 am »

I predict a win for the teyn, 2-1.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2021, 07:41:43 am »

Get the early train and take Ikea before they realise we’re on their manor.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3429

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2021, 08:24:49 am »

Get the early train and take Ikea before they realise we’re on their manor.

The rollmops in Ikea are not bad.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblersPast

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2021, 08:56:13 am »

ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ
❓Who are they?
⏮️ Last Time Out
⚽Last Time We Met
🔢 Head to Head
🗣️Match Officials
& More
So much to read in our ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ its bigger than ever this week, make sure you give it a read.
https://cobblerspast.com/preview-mkdons-a-200221/
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: