The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:47:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Swindle Town away Saturday 27.02.20

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swindle Town away Saturday 27.02.20  (Read 7536 times)
Dan

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2021, 16:14:55 pm »

Why is everyone having a go at Brady? I thought most wanted him to be the manager  Huh?

Not all of us. And that experiment which should have ended post Tuesday simply has to now.

Is Mitchell ever plays for us again, it'll be an insult to the fans. Should have been dropped after the Burton pass back. Definitely should have been dropped after the MK performance, and today should be walking back to Derbyshire. Cornell somehow isn't the worst keeper to have played for us over the last two seasons.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2021, 16:15:35 pm »

That second half was just shocking, we reverted to type and just hoofed the ball up front to no-one in particular and it went to them nearly every time. That ball from Hoskins near the end that was supposed to go out to the wing but instead went straight down the middle to the goalkeeper was just priceless. I have always supported Hoskins but today he was hopeless from start to finish.

We lost our composure after the second goal and never looked like scoring again. It's disappointing that we never put their rookie goalie under any pressure at all. Having said that Swindon were no better than us.

I don't see how JB can get the job now, he needs to stay as youth coach though.
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2021, 16:17:35 pm »

Why is everyone having a go at Brady? I thought most wanted him to be the manager  Huh?

Not me. A new manager isn't suddenly going to make a goalkeeper of Mitchell. Overall the quality of football is definitely an improvement over the Curle era and he has had zero opportunity to change the squad. Its the players who are simply not good enough for league 1 and no manager can save us from relegation. Once that is understood you may as well give Brady to the end of the season.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2021, 16:19:36 pm »

Right, I know I'm pretty new to posting on this board but I have been an observer for a long time. I am a season ticket holder and supporter for over 50 years. There are too many happy clappers and claret spectacle wearers who are happy to accept mediocrity as long as we have a club to support etc etc blah blah blah. Thomas came in full of promises and actually bulls*** about developing the ground etc but all he was here for was to make money from the land, which as long as he did what he promised I wouldn't have had a problem with. But he's done none of what he promised regarding development, saddled the club with even more debt,  made very poor managerial choices, although I admit a lot of us were'nt too displeased with some of his choices. He left it far too long to get rid of Curle, who I admit did miracles to get us up and I'm not sure his budget for the transfer window was that competitive this season. But for me, as a so called football man, Thomas is the reason we are where we are and when we do get relegated as we certainly will, we will struggle to retain our place in the football league next season.²
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2021, 16:19:48 pm »

Which just shows how much luck and momentum have to do with it, because I consider JFH one of the worst managers we've ever had. New manager, new approach and just the fact that it's different can have an effect. It's worked for Burton but not for us with JB. Today Swindon barely had a shot at goal, looked very ordinary, but scored twice (just like Burton did a couple of weeks ago).

Having said that, now we're starting to attack more we're also starting to see how poor our forward line is. Even under Brady, 2 of our goals have come from defenders and 2 from Watson. 0 goals from our forwards in 5 games. Is there a manager out there who can solve that, because if not we might as well stick with Brady and hope for the best.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 16:33:13 pm by Manwork04 » Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2021, 16:23:08 pm »

Oh good, we're back to this happy clapper bollocks where we just will a philanphropic millionaire into being through angry writing. KTs backers don't have the resources to finance an ambitious high spending league one club, but thats the reality we live with. You can't sack the owner, so why bother griping about something you have no control over.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2021, 16:28:42 pm »

What are you on about?  That sounded like a load of gobbledygook to me. Typical happy Clapper/ claret spectacle wearer.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2021, 16:30:40 pm »

No idea who to blame after that shocker. Cannot understand why Rose was left on the bench. The only solution is to pick our strongest side and hope the others lose! Its all a bit of a mess with Sheehan injured again. All this fuss about playing 'easy on the eye football'; some have got their way on this fancy dan style and look where it has got us! Under JB we have played 5 games lost 3 and drawn 2 and have now reached the bottom of the league. Will be surprised to see JB in charge by Tuesday!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2021, 16:32:54 pm »

For me, he's done as well as possible with the players hes got. Horrific defensive mistakes, zero finishing quality, better chances and football game after game, but zero points from it. Don't think anyone else does any better unless they also bring in their own players.

Disagree. Curle's poor recruitment has left him with a poor deck of cards -there's no doubt about that - but he still could have played them better IMO. E.g.

1. Danny Rose (50+ career goals) should be starting ahead of Edmondson, a 19 year-old loanee who simply doesn't have the experience or the goal threat to be starting during a relegation dogfight.

2. Arnold should have been brought in for Mitchell after the MK game. (He also cost us the Burton game.)

3. Why was Hoskins brought back today to play out of position in the midfield three? Surely Sowerby or McWilliams would have been a better option possession wise.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 16:44:35 pm by bungle » Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2021, 16:34:34 pm »

Disagree. Curle's poor recruitment has left him with a poor deck of cards -there's no doubt about that - but he still could have played them better IMO. E.g.

1. Danny Rose (50+ career goals) should be starting ahead of Edmonton, a 19 year-old loanee who simply doesn't have the experience or the goal threat to be starting during a relegation dogfight.

2. Arnold should have been brought in for Mitchell after the MK game

3. Why was Hoskins brought back today to play out of position in the midfield three? Surely Sowerby or McWilliams would have been a better option possession wise.

Spot on bungle, some poor decisions indeed.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2021, 16:34:45 pm »

No idea who to blame after that shocker. Cannot understand why Rose was left on the bench. The only solution is to pick our strongest side and hope the others lose! Its all a bit of a mess with Sheehan injured again. All this fuss about playing 'easy on the eye football'; some have got their way on this fancy dan style and look where it has got us! Under JB we have played 5 games lost 3 and drawn 2 and have now reached the bottom of the league. Will be surprised to see JB in charge by Tuesday!

"Some have got their way"??

The only person who got his way was Kelvin Thomas.....he gave Curle the window, he backed Curle in the window, he sacked Curle after the window had closed, he appointed Brady/Richards/Sampson, he chose not to appoint a full time permanent manager.

No fans got their way....we weren't even there!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2021, 16:39:20 pm »

Even Tim Oglethorpe sounds exasperated
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2021, 16:42:41 pm »

1. Danny Rose (50+ career goals) should be starting ahead of Edmondson, a 19 year-old loanee who simply doesn't have the experience or the goal threat to be starting during a relegation dogfight.

2. Arnold should have been brought in for Mitchell after the MK game

Apart from Rose am puzzled why Arnold was not brought in after the MK game or at the very least after Burton. Totally mystified by McWilliams omission; let alone Sowerby!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2021, 16:43:45 pm »

So it seems Arnold isn't fit.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2021, 17:01:46 pm »

So it’s Brady’s fault that Mitchell goes walking? Who else (realistically) is going to sort this **** of a squad out? Nobody!
The 'squad' generally did well today, as they did at Ipswich and to a fair degree, Rochdale.
Kioso, well below par with poor wayward balls, Jones is not good enough - barely at L2 level.
Bolger thankfully has been stripped of captaincy and dropped.
However, Mitchell has become an absolute liability and lost us the points at MK and certainly today!

Brady has instilled more flowing football, allowing more freedom from the players...but culpable of continuing with the liability in goal!
I am confident Arnold would have saved the free kick for the first, and not been flapping about, way out of position, leaving an open goal for the second!
More points thrown away!
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2021, 17:04:14 pm »

2. Arnold should have been brought in for Mitchell after the MK game. (He also cost us the Burton game.)

While I agree with all of those, what I would say is while the likes of Rose, Arnold and Sowerby are improvements on the 3 that started it is by small margins and all have been disappointing for me this season. It wouldn’t be a case of playing well and being unjustly left out more they are slightly less sh1t than the starters.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2021, 17:14:23 pm »

Apart from Rose am puzzled why Arnold was not brought in after the MK game or at the very least after Burton. Totally mystified by McWilliams omission; let alone Sowerby!
Sean is better than anyone else in the team at what he does well. Unfortunately he's worse than most in the team at what he does least well. Today we were going for the win (in theory).
This is why Sean shone under Curle. All we ever did was play ugly and try to stop the opposition. We never went for the win.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2021, 17:15:04 pm »

So it seems Arnold isn't fit.

Listen you lot, as West Stand says Steve Arnold is not fit. He is only on the bench as cover. He has a back problem that requires injections. We are stuck with Mitchell, unless he plays Dylan Berry from the youth team.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2021, 17:17:20 pm »

Spot on bungle, some poor decisions indeed.

Agreed. Time for an actual appointment now.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2021, 17:20:05 pm »

While I agree with all of those, what I would say is while the likes of Rose, Arnold and Sowerby are improvements on the 3 that started it is by small margins and all have been disappointing for me this season. It wouldn’t be a case of playing well and being unjustly left out more they are slightly less sh1t than the starters.

Agree completely. If Rose, Sowerby and Arnold (if fit) had been playing today I think we would have been marginally rather than significantly better. They have all underperformed themselves at various stages in the season. However, small margins are important when you're in a dogfight: those players might well have made the difference between losing the game and getting a point.

I would say that an experienced manager could get a bit more out of this squad. There isn't scope for a dramatic transformation by any means but I would suggest that an experienced, streetwise L1 manager could make us more competitive and would have achieved a greater points haul than 2 from 5.

IMO Brady has played the right system but with the wrong personnel in a couple of key positions. His substitutions have also been late and ineffective. He's made a lot of good decisions too (e.g. dropping Bolger, recalling Marshall) but we simply have very little room for error at the moment. We need someone to come in, play the most experienced and organised X1 and grind out results.  

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 17:25:10 pm by bungle » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: