The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:41:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

THOMAS YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THOMAS YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED  (Read 13486 times)
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2021, 19:19:45 pm »

I'm not sure who the “happy clappers” are. Or those that think he's the “saviour”.  Grin Grin

Point me in their direction..

Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2021, 19:24:32 pm »

All 8-9 million of it?

Isn't there a point when they/he will want to cut their/his losses especially as doubt has been raised about the value of the land justifying the investment.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2021, 19:31:12 pm »

Isn't there a point when they/he will want to cut their/his losses especially as doubt has been raised about the value of the land justifying the investment.

I feel like that point is just around the corner.

Look forward to next season.....possible relegation and therefore a cut in the TV revenue package and the League solidarity payment, a big drop in season ticket revenue in light of an expected compensation package to the regular season ticket holders this season.

If there's no prospect of the new Unitary signing off on his redevelopment deal (and even if they do what prospect is there for actually developing on the land in these times of crisis?) then you have to ask how many more seasons are they prepared to keep adding £1m-£2m per season just to keep the club alive?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2021, 19:31:28 pm »

I've had this debate on twitter and with a few people outside of that who do not like our chairman. What I would say is that this is not the time for such discussion, in my view. We are paying the wages, the bills, and sailing the ship through covid. Lets face it...the team got promoted at the wrong time, if that is ever possible.

A perfect storm has developed since, which also includes the likely stalling of any possible development due to the new council structure and economic reasons due to the obvious.

As Delboy once said, Belly's in Rodney! Not many on here will get that but I'm essentially saying we need to remain calm for now. Ive read many comments (derogatory) saying things like we cant run the club on zooms etc, I think its fair to say that KT was pretty active prior to COVID and its not his fault he cant travel here at the minute. We should remain calm, and accept that THIS SEASON we've been found out, trying to blag it on a shoestring (good house keeping!) against either more established league1 teams or teams whom are prepared to risk more £ on progressing without any decent income.

We all feel like sh1t, because thats what happens when we are bottom of the league we are in. Gotta blame someone. For me, where we went wrong this season (and it does really frustrate me) is that we didn't g@mble a bit in the January transfer window. Some will say Curle should have been fired, and a new man brought in to take his place at the roulette table. I disagree because any decent manager would have wanted £ to spend and lets be honest, that money wasn't available. MK Dons signed Grigg, we signed Leon Constantine's love child, whilst sending Smith (who no doubt will earn more than Leon junior) up to Scotland. I doubt the Cowley brothers would have found a striker prepared to play for a few hundred quid a week that was any good either! Or even Pep.

I will say this though. Its not my money. And I accept that any g@mbling would cost, with no guarantee of any return. Its frustrating. I felt Curle got us to January, without seeing us adrift, which was the best realistic outcome in August. A few quid spent then would have got us out of it. We didn't spend, we got worse, Curle gets sacked, caretaker appointed, he plays good football...but we get 2 points from 5 games. I believe and I said it countless times, Curle wanted to play 'football' but didn't think the players we had were up to it. So he went hoof ball. Would he have got us 3, 4 or even 5 points from those games? Who knows, and its a pointless debate, but people seem to expect that our chairman, our manager, play good football, pay good wages, win games, whilst making virtually no money. Its all right for us, we just log onto the awful i-follow and shout explicits at our ipad/laptop and then whinge on here on on twitter/facebook! We don't pay the bills...

In summary. See out this season, see out covid, and re-assess. Thats where I've been for some time. But in the meantime, appoint a bloody manager and show some intent!/

Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2021, 19:37:02 pm »

Thomas cannot be trusted. The fact that he has made a pigs ear of running the club compounds this and now he is bringing home the bacon. If only we could give him the chop. This will not end well. He and his mate will not be allowed to make a killing on the development by the new council and why should they? That they have called the holding company Belle de Jour makes you think he is a stinker, and now he is stunk. I smell deceit.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2021, 19:41:29 pm »

2. We had a £1.75M windfall with the sale of Goode and last seasons FA Cup money but decided not to invest any of it in the team.

We did pay transfer fees for Rose and Sowerby, I bet Mansfield & Fleetwood couldn’t believe their luck
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2021, 19:45:10 pm »

We did pay transfer fees for Rose and Sowerby, I bet Mansfield & Fleetwood couldn’t believe their luck

And we paid fees for Ashley-Seal and Korboa!!

Awesome recruitment!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2021, 20:02:16 pm »

Terry fenwick etc etc.

I'm not sure who the “happy clappers” are. Or those that think he's the “saviour”.   

You've defended Thomas from day one and you're a Chelsea fan, so don't know how you qualify as an administrator on a Northampton Town forum. Too many Northampton born and bred support/follow/jump on the bandwagon of successful teams and it does my head in. That's half the reason we are where we are. It doesn't happen in any other sport. How many Northampton
rugby fans support Exeter? How many Northampton cricket fans support Yorkshire? How many Northampton tidldeywink fans support Peterborough? Fukking load of c***s.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2021, 20:07:10 pm »

And we paid fees for Ashley-Seal and Korboa!!

Awesome recruitment!

And Smith!

Who has now been replaced by our first choice attacking target in January... Edmondson.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2021, 20:07:50 pm »

Terry fenwick etc etc.

I'm not sure who the “happy clappers” are. Or those that think he's the “saviour”.   

You've defended Thomas from day one and you're a Chelsea fan, so don't know how you qualify as an administrator on a Northampton Town forum. Too many Northampton born and bred support/follow/jump on the bandwagon of successful teams and it does my head in. That's half the reason we are where we are. It doesn't happen in any other sport. How many Northampton
rugby fans support Exeter? How many Northampton cricket fans support Yorkshire? How many Northampton tidldeywink fans support Peterborough? Fukking load of c***s.

I support Yorkshire, it has to do with the county of my birth. However I will always be a Cobblers fan. It was what I grew up with and it's who my son follows even though he was born in Bahrain. It doesn't matter where you were born to support a team, especially a lower league team(geographically I should be a Darlo supporter) for me it's where you were blooded and that was in The Hotel End.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2021, 20:10:43 pm »

Terry fenwick etc etc.

Thought that might yank your chain. Point me in the direction of them “happy clapper” posts of mine then.

Anytime you fancy stacking your Cobblers supporting credentials against mine... Let’s do it.

😀😀😀😀

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 20:19:27 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2021, 20:15:43 pm »

I'm not sure who the “happy clappers” are. Or those that think he's the “saviour”.  Grin Grin

👆
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2021, 20:19:00 pm »

👆

Another one that can't do it..  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2021, 20:26:49 pm »

I've had this debate on twitter and with a few people outside of that who do not like our chairman. What I would say is that this is not the time for such discussion, in my view. We are paying the wages, the bills, and sailing the ship through covid. Lets face it...the team got promoted at the wrong time, if that is ever possible.

A perfect storm has developed since, which also includes the likely stalling of any possible development due to the new council structure and economic reasons due to the obvious.

As Delboy once said, Belly's in Rodney! Not many on here will get that but I'm essentially saying we need to remain calm for now. Ive read many comments (derogatory) saying things like we cant run the club on zooms etc, I think its fair to say that KT was pretty active prior to COVID and its not his fault he cant travel here at the minute. We should remain calm, and accept that THIS SEASON we've been found out, trying to blag it on a shoestring (good house keeping!) against either more established league1 teams or teams whom are prepared to risk more £ on progressing without any decent income.

We all feel like sh1t, because thats what happens when we are bottom of the league we are in. Gotta blame someone. For me, where we went wrong this season (and it does really frustrate me) is that we didn't g@mble a bit in the January transfer window. Some will say Curle should have been fired, and a new man brought in to take his place at the roulette table. I disagree because any decent manager would have wanted £ to spend and lets be honest, that money wasn't available. MK Dons signed Grigg, we signed Leon Constantine's love child, whilst sending Smith (who no doubt will earn more than Leon junior) up to Scotland. I doubt the Cowley brothers would have found a striker prepared to play for a few hundred quid a week that was any good either! Or even Pep.

I will say this though. Its not my money. And I accept that any g@mbling would cost, with no guarantee of any return. Its frustrating. I felt Curle got us to January, without seeing us adrift, which was the best realistic outcome in August. A few quid spent then would have got us out of it. We didn't spend, we got worse, Curle gets sacked, caretaker appointed, he plays good football...but we get 2 points from 5 games. I believe and I said it countless times, Curle wanted to play 'football' but didn't think the players we had were up to it. So he went hoof ball. Would he have got us 3, 4 or even 5 points from those games? Who knows, and its a pointless debate, but people seem to expect that our chairman, our manager, play good football, pay good wages, win games, whilst making virtually no money. Its all right for us, we just log onto the awful i-follow and shout explicits at our ipad/laptop and then whinge on here on on twitter/facebook! We don't pay the bills...

In summary. See out this season, see out covid, and re-assess. Thats where I've been for some time. But in the meantime, appoint a bloody manager and show some intent!/

Top post mate..

Nice to see some keeping their heads.

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2021, 21:06:45 pm »

Ok, firstly, I don't proclaim support for "my beloved Chelsea"  or any other team on  a  Northampton Town forum,  as I remember from a previous post of yours, you should be ashamed of yourself. That alone detracts from any of your imagined superiority as a Cobblers fan. I imagine you've probably been a fan of your second team for a similar length of time as me but how are you going to determine "credentials".  I'm sure I  can easily match yours despite not posting on here as ong as you and not professing my love for another team on a Northampton Town forum.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2021, 21:08:32 pm »

Another one that can't do it..  Grin Grin

Won't Get Fooled Again.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2021, 21:18:18 pm »

Won't Get Fooled Again.

You can’t find a thing to back up your point.. Nor will anyone else. Don’t let that get in the way of your “story” though.   Cool Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2021, 21:26:27 pm »

Ok, firstly, I don't proclaim support for "my beloved Chelsea"  or any other team on  a  Northampton Town forum,  as I remember from a previous post of yours, you should be ashamed of yourself. That alone detracts from any of your imagined superiority as a Cobblers fan. I imagine you've probably been a fan of your second team for a similar length of time as me but how are you going to determine "credentials".  I'm sure I  can easily match yours despite not posting on here as ong as you and not professing my love for another team on a Northampton Town forum.

I’ll never deny it, I do love Chelsea.

I was going to challenge you. But I need to be a grown up 😀😀😀
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 21:46:54 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2021, 21:58:45 pm »

A chairman who has put in 8-9 million of someone else’s money, has little time for the supporters, set up holding companies and failed to build a stand. Didn’t we get rid of him?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2021, 22:03:44 pm »

I’ll never deny it, I love Chelsea. But I support the Cobblers.

Anyway.. Let’s not bore everyone else with this. PM me with your real name, I’ll respond likewise. Of course I won’t start by calling you a “c+@t as you did me. But I reckon I’ll wipe the floor with you..

If not. I will happily put the results on here and apologies. It’s quite exciting isn't it 😀😜

Not a computer wizard, so don't know how to put other posts in a neat little box.
 Firstly, if you reread my post,  I didn't personally call you a c***, it was the Northampton, Peterborough supporting tiddleywink fans.
Secondly,  I can't see how you'd "wipe the floor with me" despite what you may or may not have done "behind the scenes ".
I'm a season ticket holder, been a supporter for over 50 years, was present alongside the other 7000, in the 942 against
Chester, was present at the Exeter rooms, am a trust member and go to most away games. So, apart from being a Lee Geary, superfan, we're probably  at a similar level of "credentials", although professing love for another team on a Northampton Town forum massively detracts from yours.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: