The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:12:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

THOMAS YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THOMAS YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED  (Read 13490 times)
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2021, 11:27:20 am »

The whole budget thing is such a myth, we payed transfer fees for four players as well as I think it’s fairly safe to say a wage budget not in the bottom four. It was just abysmal recruitment, pointed out by me and a number of other posters at the time, saying there were no goals in this team.
I don't know about that. Wages are at least low enough that there wasnt any concern about being under the salary cap, other than Accrington I dont know who else we'd be 100% better funded than, pit crowd level was always below average at this level.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2021, 11:37:11 am »

The questions that needs to be asked are;
Why are we £9m in debt?
Why hasn’t anything happened with the east stand in 6 ( six) years?
Why is history keep repeating itself?
What is your future vision for the club?
What happened to the Chinese money?

There are more, Thomas’s tenure at this club has been nothing short of a spectacular disaster lurching from non league oblivion to relegation, all this in a crumbling stadium with broken windows peeling paint and a shell of a stand.
DOES ANYONE SERIOUSLY THINK THIS CHAIRMAN HAS DONE AN EVEN HALF COMPETENT JOB?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2021, 11:46:49 am »

Why are we £9m in debt?

There are more, Thomas’s tenure at this club has been nothing short of a spectacular disaster lurching from non league oblivion to relegation, all this in a crumbling stadium with broken windows peeling paint and a shell of a stand.

I for one don't.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2021, 11:51:10 am »

Excuse me. I didn't come on here with any sort of agenda, just concern for the potential demise of my football club.
You're the one who "yanked my chain" and tried to make out you were somehow a better supporter with more credentials
than me. Sounded to me like you did give a s***e. As for not being condescending, what was your reply to my list of
"credentials"? 
I don't have anything against you personally and would rather not be having this little tiff, but I'm not going to just sit back and
accept your holier than thou attitude. I have a point of view and opinions, that's why I'm on here.

I simply disagreed that there is any such thing as “happy clappers” or those that solely see KT as the “saviour of the club”. By committing the heinous crime of asking you and SadOldGit to substantiate your remarks, I ended up on the receiving end of some negative comments. Personally I think it is right to challenge some people to prove their ascertains, particularly, as like you, they turn it personal straight away, as they struggle to find anything to justify their perpetual droning on the same subject.

People like you and SadOlGit are in the business of politicising and dominating conversations for your own ends. There are a lot of people who may share the same sentiment in the mainstream, but refuse to make it their sole purpose. They are like me, supporters of the team, but not necessarily enamoured by the whole background to football and club ownership.

Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2021, 11:57:57 am »

other than Accrington I dont know who else we'd be 100% better funded than

In my opinion in all probability as well as Accrington we have a bigger budget than Wimbledon, Rochdale & Crewe. I would say we are at the lower end of a group with Burton, Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Fleetwood & Gillingham, probably Blackpool & Wigan too but it’s hard to say with their financial troubles. With the rest being higher. Obviously this is pure speculation just based on the makeup of the squads.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2021, 12:05:34 pm »

Why are we £9m in debt?

They are all valid questions. But equally you must know that you won't receive an answer. Most of what you say is only remotely relevant to a handful of people, slightly bolstered by the dire position we find ourselves in on the pitch. You can see that by how much vitriol there is on here, compared to when we got promoted. You are an exception, rather than the rule. Supporters, in the main, have no appetite at all for the politics behind the game, as long as the trade off is success. Unfortunately for us, success is measured in terms of quite minor progress.

We have no effective supporters group. We have no effective mechanism for change. I agree that we have an owner/owners who can drive a truck right through the middle of anything they want. But as I said in my posts right from the start... What people should expect, and what they want, are miles apart. If some supporters, put as much effort into badgering the club (in numbers) and the council, as they do on Facebook slagging off fellow supporters, you might stand a chance. But you know as well as me, that I have always said that KT and DB expect a return on the club and the land. Then, and only then, will any of us have clue about their true intent.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2021, 12:16:02 pm »

They are all valid questions. But equally you must know that you won't receive an answer. Most of what you say is only remotely relevant to a handful of people, slightly bolstered by the dire position we find ourselves in on the pitch. You can see that by how much vitriol there is on here, compared to when we got promoted. You are an exception, rather than the rule. Supporters, in the main, have no appetite at all for the politics behind the game, as long as the trade off is success. Unfortunately for us, success is measured in terms of quite minor progress.

We have no effective supporters group. We have no effective mechanism for change. I agree that we have an owner/owners who can drive a truck right through the middle of anything they want. But as I said in my posts right from the start... What people should expect, and what they want, are miles apart. If some supporters, put as much effort into badgering the club (in numbers) and the council, as they do on Facebook slagging off fellow supporters, you might stand a chance. But you know as well as me, that I have always said that KT and DB expect a return on the club and the land. Then, and only then, will any of us have clue about their true intent.

If anyone does have an interest in the politics of the club, and wants to gain a greater understanding of whats going on and be in a position to have a say should it all go pear shaped in the near future then i'm asking you to please join the Trust. They are the supporters group and quite possibly are the only ones who have a voice when it comes to the club hierarchy. I was most surprised to find out that the Trust only has 732 members. Surely there are more supporters of the club who have an interest and want to play a part, no matter how small?

I myself was voted on to the Board of the Trust at the AGM this week, I want to get involved, I want to understand more of what the actual **ck is going on with our club. There is a Zoom meeting between Trust board and NTFC board this week, so they do have a voice, no matter how small some people think it is.

Party political broadcast over.....back to the bitching!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2021, 12:30:04 pm »

If anyone does have an interest in the politics of the club, and wants to gain a greater understanding of whats going on and be in a position to have a say should it all go pear shaped in the near future then i'm asking you to please join the Trust. They are the supporters group and quite possibly are the only ones who have a voice when it comes to the club hierarchy. I was most surprised to find out that the Trust only has 732 members. Surely there are more supporters of the club who have an interest and want to play a part, no matter how small?

I myself was voted on to the Board of the Trust at the AGM this week, I want to get involved, I want to understand more of what the actual **ck is going on with our club. There is a Zoom meeting between Trust board and NTFC board this week, so they do have a voice, no matter how small some people think it is.

congratulations GPC. Unfortunately I had no idea, which as a member of the trust is unfortunate. Ive said it before and I will say it again, communication and interaction with the membership is an issue IMO.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2021, 12:30:34 pm »

Would not be surprised if he put us into administration now that relegation is almost a certainty...

You must be looking at a different league table to the one I am then
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2021, 12:31:30 pm »

Can you please ask the ntfc board to show a modicum of respect to supporters by making an official statement regarding the managerial situation at the club, along with details of the mooted season ticket loyalty reward to entice supporters to renew again in L2 next season. A mention of thanks in the match day programme won't suffice!

I'm a lifetime trust member btw and wish you the best on the trust board
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 12:33:02 pm by Ragdoll Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2021, 12:32:22 pm »

2. We had a £1.75M windfall with the sale of Goode and last seasons FA Cup money but decided not to invest any of it in the team.
Thankfully as well because I don't know if you noticed but there's been a bit of a a crisis going on which effectively stopped the club from being able to operate as a buisness
Report Spam   Logged

tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2021, 12:36:28 pm »

GPC ,Not everybody regards the trust as a viable supporters body, lots of reasons given on both sides of the argument as to why they are/aren't hence why it has only 700 odd members. There must be 3,000 plus supporters who go to games on a regular basis and even more who are casual supporters. The Trust has been around a long time and it does make you wonder how many members they would have if life membership was not an option ?
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2021, 12:55:36 pm »

GPC ,Not everybody regards the trust as a viable supporters body, lots of reasons given on both sides of the argument as to why they are/aren't hence why it has only 700 odd members. There must be 3,000 plus supporters who go to games on a regular basis and even more who are casual supporters. The Trust has been around a long time and it does make you wonder how many members they would have if life membership was not an option ?
The Trust like any organisation is an evolving one. If there was a time that it was not worthy of your attention and input it may be now or at some point in the future? New board members can mean a new perspective?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2021, 13:04:05 pm »

Like i said Melly, a lot of the supporters do not regard the Trust as a viable supporters body, hence they will not join or will not rejoin. I have no wish to become a member now or in the future.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2021, 13:07:33 pm »

Thankfully as well because I don't know if you noticed but there's been a bit of a a crisis going on which effectively stopped the club from being able to operate as a buisness
Yes I did notice the crisis, but we still got ST money and considerably less running costs with no crowds. Also the crisis was not only in Northampton, EVERY club has had the same problems but not every club has followed the same path as NTFC, by getting in as much as possible and spending as little as possible.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2021, 13:16:09 pm »

Like i said Melly, a lot of the supporters do not regard the Trust as a viable supporters body, hence they will not join or will not rejoin. I have no wish to become a member now or in the future.
Understood. Where have The Trust failed IYO, I am genuinely interested in peoples perspectives regarding this?
Report Spam   Logged

Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2021, 13:50:11 pm »

Out of interest tcobb, do you have any alternative ideas ?
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2021, 14:06:25 pm »

Yes I did notice the crisis, but we still got ST money and considerably less running costs with no crowds.
Maybe we should consider not letting crowds back in then?
Report Spam   Logged

Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2021, 14:10:59 pm »

Sounds like a plan  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2021, 14:12:41 pm »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: