The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:11:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

THOMAS YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THOMAS YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED  (Read 13492 times)
singcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #260 on: April 02, 2021, 12:01:18 pm »

I refer back to this

The second line of your comment is incorrect, you are making sh1t up and in your mind it’s fact, there were others who would have taken the club on and with funds, promises are cheap it’s actions that cost money just ask your “saviour “ Thomas.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #261 on: April 02, 2021, 13:19:08 pm »

I refer back to this

I have no reason to make it up, it was nearly 6 years ago..... Thomas got the nod because he said he had the funds,£4m to be exact, to finish the east stand, the rest, as they say, is history!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #262 on: April 02, 2021, 13:29:33 pm »

I have no reason to make it up, it was nearly 6 years ago..... Thomas got the nod because he said he had the funds,£4m to be exact, to finish the east stand, the rest, as they say, is history!

Surely the other interested party, you keep banging on about, could have stepped up to the plate like KT/DB did and bid the same?

Welcome to the real world, some talk, some do!

Now is the time for KT and DB to stop talking and start doing!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #263 on: April 02, 2021, 13:58:26 pm »

Surely the other interested party, you keep banging on about, could have stepped up to the plate like KT/DB did and bid the same?

Well, not 8 or 9 comments back,  it was mentioned that Tony Clarke said the Trust made an almost identical offer but didn't "pretend" they had any money "ringfenced" to finish the stand, and they would have had the best interests of the club at heart, unlike some people.
 KT and DB have had more than enough time to stop talking and start doing.
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #264 on: April 02, 2021, 14:03:43 pm »

Well, not 8 or 9 comments back,  it was mentioned that Tony Clarke said the Trust made an almost identical offer but didn't "pretend" they had any money "ringfenced" to finish the stand, and they would have had the best interests of the club at heart, unlike some people.
 KT and DB have had more than enough time to stop talking and start doing.

That is my point, KT and DB stepped in to sort the initial situation BUT they have not moved the development on one brick.

Now is the time to do it!!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #265 on: April 02, 2021, 14:05:22 pm »

'Now is the time'. Are you serious? 5 years on and 'now is the time'. Jesus, talk about manana.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #266 on: April 02, 2021, 14:09:03 pm »

The club was virtually debt free and was sold for £1, It's now £7M in debt and has an asking price of between £2M and £4M. A slight difference that could be the reason there are currently no buyers, don't you think?

No...

The reason there are currently no buyers, is because the assets of the club amount to diddly squat without the enabling land. Plus the huge amount of capital required to bolster up a pathetic little stadium that was not fit for purpose from day one.

The land will always be the only thing that will attract owners, other than the Trust. And you know as well as me, we would be in exactly the same position with the Trust in charge. The fact that the stadium is leased is the issue.

There is not one thing stopping the council flogging the land to DB and KT based solely on the caveat of seeing a direct return back into the football club. In fact, the council could flog the land tomorrow and put the money into improving the stadium that they own themselves. All they would need to insist upon, is controlling the contractor payments.. The last ownership and the current ownership will not develop the stadium without that land, can everyone just get that into their heads, so we can least move past crying over the same spilled milk.

I am so bored of hearing the same regurgitated shyte doing the rounds. The council are the ones we should be concentrating our efforts on. They own the fcuking stadium. They can impose reasonable upkeep on the tenant anytime they like. And if you and anybody believes that they signed over the ground on the understanding that there was sufficient funds to complete the East stand, put their bloody feet to the fire and ask for the the documentation around that agreement. If they can’t provide it, then there's your answer. It would clearly mean it was the council who served up the club and the supporters as sacrificial lambs to any potentially unscrupulous owner who came along.

The Trust should be looking at the source of the agreement, for anything potentially actionable, rather than joining in all the crying about the big bad lying boys, who have crapped on us.  
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #267 on: April 02, 2021, 14:16:57 pm »

You haven't told me who these phantom buyers were when the club was first sold to KT. People keep bleating on about them, but I think they never existed.

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2015-11-21/northampton-businessmen-declare-interest-in-buying-northampton-town

The week before Kelvin took over......the local consortium plus former Swindon owner Jed McCrory.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/34938496

2 minutes in....not the only bid in the room,
3 minutes in, there were people in there at the last minute
3 minutes 30...spend4 million pounds by investing in the future, by finishing the stand...... note, they were going to spend this, not have it funded by land sales because at this point they did not control CDNL......
5 minutes 5 seconds "I dont have the funds available to put 4 million pounds in" said Kelvin.... its not him putting the money in, its not him "saving the club"
5 minutes 50..."David (Bower) was instrumental in getting this deal completed"
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 02, 2021, 14:22:45 pm »

No...

The reason there are currently no buyers, is because the assets of the club amount to diddly squat without the enabling land. Plus the huge amount of capital required to bolster up a pathetic little stadium that was not fit for purpose from day one.

The land will always be the only thing that will attract owners, other than the Trust. And you know as well as me, we would be in exactly the same position with the Trust in charge. The fact that the stadium is leased is the issue.

There is not one thing stopping the council flogging the land to DB and KT based solely on the caveat of seeing a direct return back into the football club. In fact, the council could flog the land tomorrow and put the money into improving the stadium that they own themselves. All they would need to insist upon, is controlling the contractor payments.. The last ownership and the current ownership will not develop the stadium without that land, can everyone just get that into their heads, so we can least move past crying over the same spilled milk.

I am so bored of hearing the same regurgitated shyte doing the rounds. The council are the ones we should be concentrating our efforts on. They own the fcuking stadium. They can impose reasonable upkeep on the tenant anytime they like. And if you and anybody believes that they signed over the ground on the understanding that there was sufficient funds to complete the East stand, put their bloody feet to the fire and ask for the the documentation around that agreement. If they can’t provide it, then there's your answer. It would clearly mean it was the council who served up the club and the supporters as sacrificial lambs to any potentially unscrupulous owner who came along.

The Trust should be looking at the source of the agreement, for anything potentially actionable, rather than joining in all the crying about the big bad lying boys, who have crapped on us.  
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 02, 2021, 14:23:45 pm »

Couldn't agree more.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 02, 2021, 14:33:31 pm »

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2015-11-21/northampton-businessmen-declare-interest-in-buying-northampton-town

The week before Kelvin took over......the local consortium plus former Swindon owner Jed McCrory.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/34938496

2 minutes in....not the only bid in the room,
3 minutes in, there were people in there at the last minute
3 minutes 30...spend4 million pounds by investing in the future, by finishing the stand...... note, they were going to spend this, not have it funded by land sales because at this point they did not control CDNL......
5 minutes 5 seconds "I dont have the funds available to put 4 million pounds in" said Kelvin.... its not him putting the money in, its not him "saving the club" This is a biggy.
5 minutes 50..."David (Bower) was instrumental in getting this deal completed"

Then why if they had the funds as reported by MW didn't they get the club, surely even our incompetent council would have prefered a local deal?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 02, 2021, 14:39:08 pm »

Then why if they had the funds as reported by MW didn't they get the club, surely even our incompetent council would have prefered a local deal?

KT/DB had the funds, or rather DB had the funds. They gave the £4m figure to take the club forward and finish the stand.....none of the other buyers said that or presumably could do that.

I think we're missing the point....if someone produced proof of funds and said they were going to do something, then the fact that they haven't makes it doubly worse doesn't it?

Since DB/KT acquired CDNL, getting the stand finished has become dependant on enabling monies from the land.....that's the big change, because this was not how it was set out at the beginning.
Report Spam   Logged

singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 02, 2021, 14:48:11 pm »

KT/DB had the funds, or rather DB had the funds. They gave the £4m figure to take the club forward and finish the stand.....none of the other buyers said that or presumably could do that.

I think we're missing the point....if someone produced proof of funds and said they were going to do something, then the fact that they haven't makes it doubly worse doesn't it?

Since DB/KT acquired CDNL, getting the stand finished has become dependant on enabling monies from the land.....that's the big change, because this was not how it was set out at the beginning.

But this was obviously their plan from the start. I would like to know exactly whose money they are playing with.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 02, 2021, 15:07:32 pm »

But this was obviously their plan from the start. I would like to know exactly whose money they are playing with.

I think so!! However when the Council signed off the takeover deal we were told that part of the deal would see THEM take back land that THEY could redevelop in order that THEY could recoup some of the 10.25m loan losses..... what happened there? KT/DB ran in and took over CDNL and gazumped the council so that they (the Council) never got the land back.

What happened here?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-42749446

A further loan from the Council to the club as late as 2018 in order to kickstart the redev.....how has that worked out?
Report Spam   Logged

West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #274 on: April 02, 2021, 15:20:47 pm »

The club was bought 'debt free' as the millions owed to the Cardozas was written off. We now owe millions to the DB/KT ownership. I don't see why there would be a queue of buyers, the club racks up losses. It's not an investment. Clearly DB/KT are here because they think they can make money from the land.  I'm sure there most be safer ways for them 'invest' their money.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 02, 2021, 16:20:31 pm »

I think so!! However when the Council signed off the takeover deal we were told that part of the deal would see THEM take back land that THEY could redevelop in order that THEY could recoup some of the 10.25m loan losses..... what happened there? KT/DB ran in and took over CDNL and gazumped the council so that they (the Council) never got the land back.

What happened here?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-42749446

A further loan from the Council to the club as late as 2018 in order to kickstart the redev.....how has that worked out?

It's obvious that KT/DB did their homework regarding the holdings of CDNL and that company's legal hold on the land before they even thought of taking us over. I can't see them doing it on the off chance that they would make money from the land, only a sure thing would have tempted them.
I have to wonder how long they will sit on their hands before going down the appelant route to get the permissions they want.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #276 on: April 02, 2021, 16:34:02 pm »

there were others who would have taken the club on and with funds, promises are cheap it’s actions that cost money just ask your “saviour “ Thomas.

I never said he was the saviour. If "KT" or another party had not bought the club we were fucked. I attended the court in London as was not aware of other parties involved, I apologise if that was not the case.

I would love a local consortium with funds to take over.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #277 on: April 02, 2021, 16:45:05 pm »

I never said he was the saviour. If "KT" or another party had not bought the club we were fucked. I attended the court in London as was not aware of other parties involved, I apologise if that was not the case.

I would love a local consortium with funds to take over.
They tried mate but were outbid by big spending KT and his proof of £4m investment.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #278 on: April 02, 2021, 17:31:26 pm »

They tried mate but were outbid by big spending KT and his proof of £4m investment.

Then lobby the council to see how that deal was ratified without a specific agreement in terms of how the development was going to be delivered. Even if we all agreed that KT and DB have not delivered on what was promised, what practical use it for us and the Trust to be nothing more than whinging spectators of the whole debacle. I 100% stated over and over again to the Trust, and any other poor sod that would listen, that you have to pursue the real owners of the ground. Go after the council for the lease agreement. If it doesn’t state anything about an agreement to finished the East stand, all you have is a couple of dishonest businessmen. That’s about as rare as Beds mentioning about a community owned club. Meaning that all of the moaning in the world will not shift the owners. But we can all push the council to make sure that any land deal is bullet proof in terms of making sure it had to include investment into the club and the stadium.

If, as there should be, some mention of ring fenced funds, that was used to secure the lease for a quid, we still push the council to enforce it, or remove their names off the lease.

Going after KT and BD is utterly pointless.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 02, 2021, 17:43:05 pm »

Then lobby the council to see how that deal was ratified without a specific agreement in terms of how the development was going to be delivered. Even if we all agreed that KT and DB have not delivered on what was promised, what practical use it for us and the Trust to be nothing more than whinging spectators of the whole debacle. I 100% stated over and over again to the Trust, and any other poor sod that would listen, that you have to pursue the real owners of the ground. Go after the council for the lease agreement. If it doesn’t state anything about an agreement to finished the East stand, all you have is a couple of dishonest businessmen. That’s about as rare as Beds mentioning about a community owned club. Meaning that all of the moaning in the world will not shift the owners. But we can all push the council to make sure that any land deal is bullet proof in terms of making sure it had to include investment into the club and the stadium.

If, as there should be, some mention of ring fenced funds, that was used to secure the lease for a quid, we still push the council to enforce it, or remove their names off the lease.

Going after KT and BD is utterly pointless.

Show me a signed legal document that holds them to that "promise" and then I will quite happily start legal proceedings, but since there isn't one I will spend my money on a new motorbike.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: