The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:20:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Season ticket holders

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Season ticket holders  (Read 11357 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2021, 11:35:30 am »

If a shop I like goes under I’d then shop at another similar outlet to get what I need.
If the cobblers went under I probably wouldn’t find another although I love football.

Does KT take a salary out of NTFC? Just curious

I’ll probably take the option of discount towards next season regardless of division.
Do you really think he does it for free?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2021, 13:03:15 pm »

I'm surprised you aren't complaining about the money you couldn't spend on hotdogs and programmes.

When did I ask for your opinion? And for the record I don't buy hotdogs or programmes, not that it's anything to do with you what I spend my money on.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2021, 13:09:27 pm »

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/premier-league-clubs-begin-refund-process-with-one-exception/

The law would override any T&C’s, although the 40% refund wouldn’t have been in them.
I do feel sorry for all the clubs who have suffered financially throughout, although the same could be said for so many businesses and families.
Saying people should have known they wouldn’t be able to attend games is a non-argument.

Always does, don’t waste money on that extended warranty nonsense, most of the time you end up paying for something you get for free. Lost count of the times I’ve put this theory to the test and won.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2021, 13:52:49 pm »

So you've ordered and paid for a new television from Curry's and because of the Pandemic, the supply and delivery of the television was cancelled.  They won't give you a refund, they'll hang onto your money because the Pandemic might be over soon.
Don't worry though, they'll set up a video and charge you £5 per week, so that you can look at your television in the warehouse whilst you wait. Although you don't have the desire, the access, the opportunity and/or means to watch that video?

Now that the Pandemic is over, they have contacted you to say that it is now available for delivery but you'll have to pay for it again.  Don't worry though they'll give you a 40% discount because you've already given them the money for the television in the first place and they've provided a video that you didn't want.

Would you say that that is alright and that you'll pay the extra 60% and they can keep your original payment as well?

Curry's, like NTFC isn't a charity and a lot of people/families do not have a spare £2-300 (or more in TP's case) to donate to a charity let alone an organisation that they attend for 'entertainment' once a fortnight, that is primarily a business like any other.
I'm sure that they would much prefer to spend it on either themselves or the rest of their families, especially during this period of intense hardship.

I am not a STH, I could afford it if I was, but that doesn't mean that I would.
I wouldn't comment on anyone elses choice.
But the options needed to have included a full refund for those who want it.

I have to say, although the full refund could possibly have been an option but ,how many "loyal supporters" would have taken it up anyway, I have to disagree with your TV analogy. Most people spend a lot more following their club than the initial outlay on their season ticket so most will have actually saved more than their initial outlay by not going and have also had the opportunity to watch the games anyway. I personally will have probably saved in excess of £2000 minimum by not going home or away this season, ie; pub before home games and occasionally food in the ground and obviously the much higher cost of going away and all it entails, so the cost of a season ticket pales into insignificance against the money I've actually saved this season.
I certainly wouldn't dream of claiming any thing back from the club and the less who do the better for the club. They could have offered nothing, I think the 40% is actually pretty fair.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2021, 14:03:39 pm »

I have to say, although the full refund could possibly have been an option but ,how many "loyal supporters" would have taken it up anyway, I have to disagree with your TV analogy. Most people spend a lot more following their club than the initial outlay on their season ticket so most will have actually saved more than their initial outlay by not going and have also had the opportunity to watch the games anyway. I personally will have probably saved in excess of £2000 minimum by not going home or away this season, ie; pub before home games and occasionally food in the ground and obviously the much higher cost of going away and all it entails, so the cost of a season ticket pales into insignificance against the money I've actually saved this season.
I certainly wouldn't dream of claiming any thing back from the club and the less who do the better for the club. They could have offered nothing, I think the 40% is actually pretty fair.

I acknowledge the 'extra spend' associated with following the team.
I probably spend more than most with fuel, hotels, 'refreshments' etc... but I was only talking about the one issue that is directly associated with the club and their offer to STHs.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2021, 14:29:41 pm »

I probably spend more than most with fuel, hotels, 'refreshments' etc... but I was only talking about the one issue that is directly associated with the club and their offer to STHs.

I acknowledge your "one issue", but I was merely questioning why anyone would want to claim money back when the majority of them are essentially not out of pocket. Anyway enough of this, we're bloody 2-0 up!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2021, 20:10:33 pm »

When did I ask for your opinion? And for the record I don't buy hotdogs or programmes, not that it's anything to do with you what I spend my money on.

I'm afraid it doesn't look like you've managed to grasp the concept of a public message board. Good luck with your complaining about not being able spend the money you can't afford.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2021, 23:29:42 pm »

You will be lucky on here not to get an unsolicited opinion. I get hundreds, nothing like Marvo used to get or for that matter Manny04. Hasten to add all mostly unjustified without rhyme or reason let alone Logic. I like Larry, can be very pithy and does not react like Atilla the Hun if crossed. Good lad for me.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3063

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2021, 10:58:33 am »

I'm afraid it doesn't look like you've managed to grasp the concept of a public message board. Good luck with your complaining about not being able spend the money you can't afford.

I'm not complaining about anything. I've been a season ticket holder since the County Ground days and didn't request a refund last season. The club has had near on £1000 from three season tickets this season for one game plus poor quality Ifollow. If I wish to get some money back that's down to me and nothing to do with you.   
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2021, 16:13:40 pm »

I'm not complaining about anything. I've been a season ticket holder since the County Ground days and didn't request a refund last season. The club has had near on £1000 from three season tickets this season for one game plus poor quality Ifollow. If I wish to get some money back that's down to me and nothing to do with you.   

I completely agree. I'm thinking about the hotdogs and programmes you haven't been able to refuse, whose going to pay for those? I think the club should take some responsibility.
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2021, 01:53:58 am »

I’m sorry if this subject has had an airing already? If it has, please redirect Mods.

I will definitely be donating my full season ticket refund offer to the club. I do quite like the idea of my name on the 125th anniversary shirt - tapping into my worrying egotistical tendencies!

However, wouldn’t it be a nice gesture to thank us for our loyalty by letting us buy the shirt at cost? Most are going to want to get one and asking the loyal ST holders for an additional  £50 seems a little harsh?

Looks like the club are cashing in on people’s loyalty? Or is it me?
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2021, 05:53:18 am »

+1

although the club should use the word 'discounted' rather than 'cost price', as it could be very embarrasing how cheap they are to make!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 08:27:40 am by Risdene » Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2021, 06:45:13 am »

I’m sorry if this subject has had an airing already? If it has, please redirect Mods.

I will definitely be donating my full season ticket refund offer to the club. I do quite like the idea of my name on the 125th anniversary shirt - tapping into my worrying egotistical tendencies!

However, wouldn’t it be a nice gesture to thank us for our loyalty by letting us buy the shirt at cost? Most are going to want to get one and asking the loyal ST holders for an additional  £50 seems a little harsh?

Looks like the club are cashing in on people’s loyalty? Or is it me?

That would a sway quite a few people from rolling the money over into next year into a donation, I think.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2021, 09:26:03 am »

I don't think the shirts are free are they. the way I read it you still have to buy the shirt even if you forgo your refund. If that's the case I recon some people will say "I'll have my £140 refund and then buy a £50 shirt"
    I might be wrong , but isn't there quite a big mark up on replica shirts, so if the STH who don't ask was also offered a discount on the shirt, they would probably sell more.
I agree, in fact I suggested it on the 2nd page of this topic.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2021, 17:15:44 pm »

Yes my extra spend is massive - I only manage most Saturday home games but its 100's of miles so the saving this year has been massive but I do think the 40% is reasonable - however I think the name on the shirt in return for nothing is very mean - when I read it I assumed they were offering a shirt - standard cost of which can't be more than £20. It's also a bit sneaky/clever as they know a good percentage of folk who go for that option will also buy the shirt so they get short changed twice.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3428

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2021, 09:34:46 am »

So you've ordered and paid for a new television from Curry's and because of the Pandemic, the supply and delivery of the television was cancelled.  They won't give you a refund, they'll hang onto your money because the Pandemic might be over soon.
Don't worry though, they'll set up a video and charge you £5 per week, so that you can look at your television in the warehouse whilst you wait. Although you don't have the desire, the access, the opportunity and/or means to watch that video?

Now that the Pandemic is over, they have contacted you to say that it is now available for delivery but you'll have to pay for it again.  Don't worry though they'll give you a 40% discount because you've already given them the money for the television in the first place and they've provided a video that you didn't want.

Would you say that that is alright and that you'll pay the extra 60% and they can keep your original payment as well?

Curry's, like NTFC isn't a charity and a lot of people/families do not have a spare £2-300 (or more in TP's case) to donate to a charity let alone an organisation that they attend for 'entertainment' once a fortnight, that is primarily a business like any other.
I'm sure that they would much prefer to spend it on either themselves or the rest of their families, especially during this period of intense hardship.

I am not a STH, I could afford it if I was, but that doesn't mean that I would.
I wouldn't comment on anyone elses choice.
But the options needed to have included a full refund for those who want it.
Just as a comparison the saints are offering  a full range of options including roll over, refund and donation
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2021, 10:13:56 am »

Yes my extra spend is massive - I only manage most Saturday home games but its 100's of miles so the saving this year has been massive but I do think the 40% is reasonable - however I think the name on the shirt in return for nothing is very mean - when I read it I assumed they were offering a shirt - standard cost of which can't be more than £20. It's also a bit sneaky/clever as they know a good percentage of folk who go for that option will also buy the shirt so they get short changed twice.
Good old Kelvin, apparently they have doubled the membership at Sawgrass in Florida, the man that promises fcuk all and delivers less.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Cobblerite

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2021, 18:24:40 pm »

Just wondered what impact the clubs decision not to offer a full refund will have on next years season ticket sales. Surely even some of you who are glad to write off your previous season ticket payment will have second thoughts going forwards. With the risk of 3rd and 4th waves the impact next year may be just as great. Are fans really going to buy season tickets knowing the club will just take our money. For the first time since we moved to Sixfields I will not be buying a season ticket and I suspect I will not be alone. I am dismayed that the club have not offered a fair refund citing iFollow as justification and speaking only to so-called supporters representatives who clearly let their hearts rule their heads. Has the Chairman/owners written off their investments? I think not. To be clear I do not want this club to fail and I would gladly donate proportionate funds, where necessary, as we all have in the past. But why should the loyal season ticket holders alone have to feel financial pain. The club has/had other options which includes raising game prices for all next year but has unfairly, in my opinion, abused out past loyalty. I’m afraid this loyalty will not be blind moving forward and I suspect I am not alone.
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2021, 20:38:29 pm »

Trust emailed this to all members this evening...

Dear Trust member,

I attach a link to a season ticket charter from the Football Supporters' Association, which has been recently published to advise football fans of the clear principles all clubs should take into account when deciding the season ticket policy for 2021/22.

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/ticket-tcs-whats-fair-for-2021-22 

The Trust has shared the charter with Cobblers chief executive James Whiting, who assures us that NTFC will be bearing the points raised in mind when announcing their ticketing plans for next season.

We have represented those Trust members unhappy with the club's refunds/credits policy for 2020/21 tickets and urged the club to take individual cases into account, although by and large they appear to be sticking with their original thoughts around this.

The public survey Football Conversation engagement results will be publicised at the end of the month although I can tell you, in line with the poll of Trust members, there would appear to be strong consensus on the need for greater sustainability, transparency and accountability of clubs and also the need for exploration of other crisis ownership models and infrastructure improvement at Sixfields.

Our monthly board meetings will be held on Zoom for the foreseeable future - any member wishing to join a board meeting should email a request to board secretary Helen Hickman on ntfctrust1992@gmail.com

Best wishes and up the Cobblers!

Andy

Andy Roberts
Chairman
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2021, 21:09:43 pm »

Shout out to all those demanding refunds and criticising the clubs actions while drafting their posts bemoaning the lack of investment in the summer
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: