The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 00:30:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Home against the Railwaymen Saturday 20.03.21

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home against the Railwaymen Saturday 20.03.21  (Read 7953 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« on: March 18, 2021, 17:29:13 pm »

My home town team Crewe Alexandra make tracks to Sixfields on Saturday and the Cobblers will be looking to shunt them into the buffers and collect the three points....no failures allowed

Crewe have been on a poor run recently, a run that is in danger of derailing their playoff push. They currently sit in 15th place in the table, but still just 7 points outside the playoff zone. They have won just four of their last 16 games, away form overall sees them in 20th position in the away table, just 4 wins to go alongside 9 defeats. the most recent win was at Shrewsbury, the other wins came at Wimbledon, Oxford and Doncaster, they have also won in the Cup competitions at Bolton twice (once in the Trophy and once in the FA Cup)

The Alex have a relatively small squad, and they have three players leading their scoring charts with 7 league goals apiece. Michael Mandon, Oliver Finney and Owen Dale are on that mark, Finney though has not played since early February.
In the recent transfer window they sold influential captain Perry Ng to Cardiff and also sold Harry Pickering to Blackburn but loaned him back for the rest of the season. Those were the latest in a very long line of Crewe products off their famed production line which has seen the likes of David Platt, Geoff Thomas, Robbie Savage, Dean Ashton, Danny Murphy and Neil Lennon to name just a few go on to bigger and better things after cutting their teeth at Crewe.

Current Cobblers connections see our former player David Artell now managing the Alex, Artell has recently chalked up four years in charge and led the side to promotion last season alongside us. 84 wins in 213 games so far in his first managerial position, he played 14 times for the Cobblers in 2012/13 scoring four goals. The other current connection is Daniel Powell who moved from us to them in 2019 after making 73 appearances in the Claret and White (8 goals). He has since made 60 appearances for Crewe scoring 12 goals but often finds himself playing the role of impact sub although he wasn't even on the bench for their 3-0 midweek defeat at home to Burton.

In the head to head stakes for once we hold the edge on the other team....29 wins to 24 overall with 15 draws. Crewe have not won in their last 7 visits to Northampton, and we have 18 wins to their 7 at our home(s).
Their last trip in 2019 ended in a 4-1 defeat with Scott Wharton bagging a couple for us, a Sam Hoskins penalty and an Andy Williams strike made up the other goals. Big wins for us in 2011 when we beat them 6-2 with six different scorers, and 5-1 in 2009 helped by a Billy Clarke hat-trick. That last win for them came in February 2007 as two Luke Varney goals either side of a Bradley Johnson strike saw them take the points.
Earlier this season though they did beat us at their place, a 90th minute winner by Ryan Wintle was a sickener for us after we had played the last 20 minutes with 10 men following Joe Martins sending off. Also of note in that game were the only goal of Ricky Holmes short second stint with us, and Max Dyche making his debut in coming on to shore up the backline after that sending off.

Sam Allison has been appointed ref for the game, he's a first year EFL ref and he's making his second visit to the PTS having already taken charge of our home defeat to Charlton in October. He has 77 yellow cards and one red to his name in his 27 games.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 19:52:52 pm »

My home town team Crewe Alexandra make tracks to Sixfields on Saturday and the Cobblers will be looking to shunt them into the buffers and collect the three points....no failures allowed

Crewe have been on a poor run recently, a run that is in danger of derailing their playoff push. They currently sit in 15th place in the table, but still just 7 points outside the playoff zone. They have won just four of their last 16 games, away form overall sees them in 20th position in the away table, just 4 wins to go alongside 9 defeats. the most recent win was at Shrewsbury, the other wins came at Wimbledon, Oxford and Doncaster, they have also won in the Cup competitions at Bolton twice (once in the Trophy and once in the FA Cup)

The Alex have a relatively small squad, and they have three players leading their scoring charts with 7 league goals apiece. Michael Mandon, Oliver Finney and Owen Dale are on that mark, Finney though has not played since early February.
In the recent transfer window they sold influential captain Perry Ng to Cardiff and also sold Harry Pickering to Blackburn but loaned him back for the rest of the season. Those were the latest in a very long line of Crewe products off their famed production line which has seen the likes of David Platt, Geoff Thomas, Robbie Savage, Dean Ashton, Danny Murphy and Neil Lennon to name just a few go on to bigger and better things after cutting their teeth at Crewe.

Current Cobblers connections see our former player David Artell now managing the Alex, Artell has recently chalked up four years in charge and led the side to promotion last season alongside us. 84 wins in 213 games so far in his first managerial position, he played 14 times for the Cobblers in 2012/13 scoring four goals. The other current connection is Daniel Powell who moved from us to them in 2019 after making 73 appearances in the Claret and White (8 goals). He has since made 60 appearances for Crewe scoring 12 goals but often finds himself playing the role of impact sub although he wasn't even on the bench for their 3-0 midweek defeat at home to Burton.

In the head to head stakes for once we hold the edge on the other team....29 wins to 24 overall with 15 draws. Crewe have not won in their last 7 visits to Northampton, and we have 18 wins to their 7 at our home(s).
Their last trip in 2019 ended in a 4-1 defeat with Scott Wharton bagging a couple for us, a Sam Hoskins penalty and an Andy Williams strike made up the other goals. Big wins for us in 2011 when we beat them 6-2 with six different scorers, and 5-1 in 2009 helped by a Billy Clarke hat-trick. That last win for them came in February 2007 as two Luke Varney goals either side of a Bradley Johnson strike saw them take the points.
Earlier this season though they did beat us at their place, a 90th minute winner by Ryan Wintle was a sickener for us after we had played the last 20 minutes with 10 men following Joe Martins sending off. Also of note in that game were the only goal of Ricky Holmes short second stint with us, and Max Dyche making his debut in coming on to shore up the backline after that sending off.

Sam Allison has been appointed ref for the game, he's a first year EFL ref and he's making his second visit to the PTS having already taken charge of our home defeat to Charlton in October. He has 77 yellow cards and one red to his name in his 27 games.
To be fair, this section can be cut from the essay. All managers have their coaching badges, thus all exactly the same in their abilities, time being the only factor - I read it on here!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 01:20:58 am »

The current manager of Crewe is not former Cobblers player David Artell.

Crewes manager is actually called Angelos Epithemiou

Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 06:50:52 am »

Great minds, Mr Massey, great minds... Grin

Speaking of Artell, who is it he reminds me of? It's someone gormless, possibly a comedy character or something but I can't quite put my finger on who it is!

I've figured it out !

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 10:59:22 am »

Let’s hope he looks like that at 5pm on Satdy.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2995

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 11:24:45 am »

to be fair to Crewe , they have done well.
Their budget must be similar to ours and they have been more successful than us this season .
On top of that , they have the clown Powell playing for them - body of an athlete , bravery of a brussell sprout , brain of a sparrow
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 11:55:03 am »

3 points is a must from this game as we are going to need to win most of our home games and only Bristol Rovers have a worse away record than Crewe of the teams still to visit us. I would say we need 6-7 points from the next 3 games.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2021, 12:05:48 pm »

3 points is a must from this game as we are going to need to win most of our home games and only Bristol Rovers have a worse away record than Crewe of the teams still to visit us. I would say we need 6-7 points from the next 3 games.
+1
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 12:07:11 pm »

I think you are right, Teams around us are still picking up points and the group involved in the battle has got smaller. Our world is shrinking
Report Spam   Logged

Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 16:00:24 pm »

I’m ashamed to say but my Claret coloured specs have misted up.
Which is a huge shame ... apart from one inexplicable refereeing decision we would be on a run of 2 wins and 2 draws against 4 half decent clubs. As it is, that moron has shattered the early shoots of confidence JB was growing for me.

What’s stopping us getting another decision like that? They never seem to go with us so what if we get another one against us? What made some weirdos come on here after the Charlton game and say it was a pen? Maybe it’s me?

As you can see, I’m not in a good place. I’m fearing a 1-1 draw which will not be good enough!
The only thing that will totally cleanse me is a 1-0 win with a shockingly bad penalty given to us in the last 5 mins of the game - 🤞
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 16:40:56 pm »

As you can see, I’m not in a good place. I’m fearing a 1-1 draw which will not be good enough!

As others have said we really need to start picking up wins at home to keep up.
Report Spam   Logged

Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2021, 16:42:54 pm »

The only thing that will totally cleanse me is a 1-0 win with a shockingly bad penalty given to us in the last 5 mins of the game - 🤞
All this bullsh*t about "Things even themselves up over a season", if so , we have a massive amount of dodgy decisions coming to benefit us in the next few weeks  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2021, 19:21:44 pm »

To be fair, this section can be cut from the essay. All managers have their coaching badges, thus all exactly the same in their abilities, time being the only factor - I read it on here!  Wink

Grin
Stability. If we could hold on to a manager for four years we would be ok by now.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2021, 19:54:33 pm »

Charlton get Adkins, Burton get JFH, Portsmouth get the Cowley patrol, Brizzle Rovers get the Barton and we get the Brady Bunch.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2021, 20:10:44 pm »

Charlton are welcome to Adkins, his managerial career has not been good over recent years. manger at Reading when thet were relegated to the championship and then sacked the next December after a poor start that season. Eventually turned up at Sheffield Utd and under him they finished 11th in division 1, their lowest league finish since 1983.
Wilder took over from him and immediately took them up. He used to go their games that season when commitments allowed and recall him saying how bad they were.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2021, 23:01:04 pm »

I fancy us for this. 2-0 win wth Loyd Jones bagging a goal from a Miller corner and a Hoskins penalty. Home form improving, their away form is ropey, plus Artell quoting s***e again sets it up nicely for us.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2021, 02:43:54 am »

I'm glad I'm not alone! I knew it was Angelos and not Artell from the start.

If some here remain unconvinced, here's the Crewe manger on Soccer AM.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2021, 11:06:27 am »

The current manager of Crewe is not former Cobblers player David Artell.

Crewes manager is actually called Angelos Epithemiou

Suppose you think you are ‘so funny’?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2021, 11:07:22 am »

If only
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3063

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2021, 14:07:46 pm »

Team:

Mitchell; Kioso, Horsfall, L.Jones, Mills; Morris, McWilliams, Watson; Marshall, Hoskins, Miller.

Subs: Berry, Harriman, Bolger, A.Jones, Korboa, Edmondson, Rose.

Jack Sowerby misses out through injury.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: