The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:50:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Wombles away 27.03.21

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wombles away 27.03.21  (Read 8845 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #180 on: March 27, 2021, 18:19:26 pm »

We’ve got an utter shyster as a chairman who ain’t going to spend a penny, I wouldn’t hold your breath!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #181 on: March 27, 2021, 18:20:56 pm »

Ask Portsmouth fans their opinion of Kenny Jackett they were baying for him to go months before he got the chop. Look at their performance here in our 4-1 win, we don't win very often (only 9 times in 38 games) but had that one wrapped up by half time.
So that is now 1 point out of 15 from games against other teams in the bottom 7, yet another missed opportunity with all the usual failings.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #182 on: March 27, 2021, 18:32:12 pm »

Ask Portsmouth fans their opinion of Kenny Jackett they were baying for him to go months before he got the chop. Look at their performance here in our 4-1 win, we don't win very often (only 9 times in 38 games) but had that one wrapped up by half time.
So that is now 1 point out of 15 from games against other teams in the bottom 7, yet another missed opportunity with all the usual failings.

Kenny Jackett had a 50.7% win ratio at Portsmouth. 46 at Wolves, 42.3 at Millwall, 44.2 at Swansea and 36.4 at Watford. Total 44.7 from 884 games.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2021, 18:33:48 pm »

surely Edmondson better bet than Seal
Hoskins goes from Hero to Zero
Why was Rose so ineffective today?

I think the expression is ‘rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic’ all the attackers have proved they can’t create and they can’t finish, it doesn’t matter what combination you play they are all garbage.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2021, 18:48:53 pm »

That showing was beyond painful. At least we managed a shot on target with the last kick.

Stats wise we pretty much matched the Oxford game. Both have been painful viewing.

Mills continues to fail to impress. He doesn’t have the basic attributes for a wing back. His dead balls today were beyond poor.

I’m still waiting to hear if BAS touched the ball? Last time he played I posted saying I hope he never plays again. Looks like Brady listened but then forgot. Statement still applies, I never witnessed such a poor all round performer. I honestly couldn’t pinpoint any aspect of the game that he does to an acceptable standard.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2021, 19:04:06 pm »

Let's hope it's not 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Just saying!
Hmm. There's the first step back immediately.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2021, 19:04:42 pm »

No, BAS was pulled down... clearly a free kick to us, but no, give a corner to Dons!

Agreed I thought he was fouled but we had defending and goalkeeping to do afterwards and we did neither
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2021, 19:18:17 pm »

Oh well. At least we've got Barrow, Harrogate and Sutton to look forward to next season, if we're allowed to go and Barrow manage to stay up. Can't wait.😪
I've been Sutton. Harrogate can go back to whence they came... Barrow though, that's a Lake District weekender pencilled in!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2021, 19:23:28 pm »

I've been Sutton. Harrogate can go back to whence they came... Barrow though, that's a Lake District weekender pencilled in!  Wink
Barrow at the County Ground  was the first Cobblere game I ever went to. Around 1970 and we won 5-0 and I was hooked. Been mostly disappointed ever since.😐
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2021, 19:33:38 pm »

Hard to understand Brady's substitutions; surely Edmondson better bet than Seal who looked totally apathetic when he came on.
Hoskins goes from Hero to Zero, nobody performing well in midfield but back four more or less did ok  However Mills let himself down with free kicks corners etc. As for Mitchell a lot a blaming him already but not sure why he spread himself at the corner which created the scramble drom which they scored. Suppose if you have to find a scape goat Michells your man. Why leave Jones to the last minute? How we managed to play like that after the Oxford game is beyond me. Is it the Manager plus the mindset of the players; do they not understand we have to create chances. Why was Rose so ineffective today? Still we are not in the bottom four and all to play for but we cannot rely on other relegation partners to foul up non stop. Would Curle have lost that game?
Not sure why there is an 'a' here!  Wink

Yes, hindsight or not, Edmondson would surely have been more suited to take on Wimbledon, ahead of Rose!
As I said prior to the game, Wimbledon, annoyingly getting a late, late goal, which no matter how much we misfired, was undeserved. Wimbledon, comfortably the most pedestrian, devoid of confidence and ideas team we have faced, possibly a pre-JFH Burton aside.

What happened to Watson btw?

Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2021, 19:41:14 pm »

Oh well. At least we've got Barrow, Harrogate and Sutton to look forward to next season, if we're allowed to go and Barrow manage to stay up. Can't wait.😪

Agree with that & maybe The Dons will be relegated with us ....to make 4 new grounds. It didn't look much of a ground , sadly....but a better view of the pitch than Kingsmeadow. But at least we never lost there!
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2021, 19:55:03 pm »

Awful, utter dross.

It does though reignite the debate about tactics, footballing style etc. I always argued that KC tried to play to the players strengths and that this lot passing the ball wouldn't work. Well today, we did *try* to pass it but it was horrible. Better surely to just lump it to some big lad in attack and hope for the best?! Problem is, Oliver didn't sign, Smith wasn't up to it...

Every 2nd or 3rd pass went straight to a Wimbledon player. And of course, when we go long, we don't have the right personnel to challenge for those balls successfully.

I wont blame Hoskins. 'Legend' Rico did the same at Walsall a few years back. It happens. At least he got it on target, Rico cleared the ground and probably found the M6!  Grin

People are blaming Mitchell. Yeah it was sh1t keeping, BUT the goals against column wont be what sends us down. The forward play is truly abysmal most of the time, and its so blatantly obvious that Edmunson, when played, at least holds the ball up a bit and allows the midfielders, particularly Watson, to become involved. Rose is a finisher, a hustler, but not a target man in a front 3.

Brady is tactically questionable (being kind), said that since the start. I do like him though, he's passionate, him and Rico/Sammo/Warburton is a good group, just not sure about their managerial credentials. His interviews this week hinted on a 'cant lose' rather than 'must win' mentality. He/we got what our approach deserved today.

We are where we are. Still in with a fighting chance. Beat Shrewsbury on Friday and its game on again. We live in hope. Lets face it, back in August, any one realistic said 20th was the seasons aim and we are 20th, albeit below teams have games in hand. BUT. We still stand a chance. We've played our cards this season, these lads though need to be all on it for us to win a game of football in this division. That needs to happen a minimum of 4 times now in the last 8 games.

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2021, 20:11:12 pm »

Awful, utter dross.

It does though reignite the debate about tactics, footballing style etc. I always argued that KC tried to play to the players strengths and that this lot passing the ball wouldn't work. Well today, we did *try* to pass it but it was horrible. Better surely to just lump it to some big lad in attack and hope for the best?! Problem is, Oliver didn't sign, Smith wasn't up to it...

Every 2nd or 3rd pass went straight to a Wimbledon player. And of course, when we go long, we don't have the right personnel to challenge for those balls successfully.

I wont blame Hoskins. 'Legend' Rico did the same at Walsall a few years back. It happens. At least he got it on target, Rico cleared the ground and probably found the M6!  Grin

People are blaming Mitchell. Yeah it was sh1t keeping, BUT the goals against column wont be what sends us down. The forward play is truly abysmal most of the time, and its so blatantly obvious that Edmunson, when played, at least holds the ball up a bit and allows the midfielders, particularly Watson, to become involved. Rose is a finisher, a hustler, but not a target man in a front 3.

Brady is tactically questionable (being kind), said that since the start. I do like him though, he's passionate, him and Rico/Sammo/Warburton is a good group, just not sure about their managerial credentials. His interviews this week hinted on a 'cant lose' rather than 'must win' mentality. He/we got what our approach deserved today.

We are where we are. Still in with a fighting chance. Beat Shrewsbury on Friday and its game on again. We live in hope. Lets face it, back in August, any one realistic said 20th was the seasons aim and we are 20th, albeit below teams have games in hand. BUT. We still stand a chance. We've played our cards this season, these lads though need to be all on it for us to win a game of football in this division. That needs to happen a minimum of 4 times now in the last 8 games.

Good post, as usual, but we've had so many chances to win so many games, that we haven't, I think we've blown it. We could so easily have had around 8 or 9 more points by now from games we should have won; Sunderland, Ipswich and at least 2 or 3 others that I can't bring to mind in my current condition.🤪
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2021, 21:26:48 pm »

Awful, utter dross.

A mere few inches at the Bescot will achieve that!  Grin
Speaking of that game, and almost all at the Bescot, have been amongst the most depressing football experiences...none more so than the last minute defeat, consigning us to relegation, 1600-2000 odd Cobblers in attendance!  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2021, 22:08:33 pm »

Not sure why there is an 'a' here!  Wink

Yes, hindsight or not, Edmondson would surely have been more suited to take on Wimbledon, ahead of Rose!
As I said prior to the game, Wimbledon, annoyingly getting a late, late goal, which no matter how much we misfired, was undeserved. Wimbledon, comfortably the most pedestrian, devoid of confidence and ideas team we have faced, possibly a pre-JFH Burton aside.

What happened to Watson btw?

..............checked the dictionary and thought apathetic was a perfect match for Seal?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2021, 22:37:57 pm »

Awful, utter dross.

Yep, that’s pretty much it - good post.
Didn’t deserve much out of that that’s for sure.

Our one last hope is that we seem to save the real dross for fellow strugglers and we’ve now just mostly got games left against the quality end of Div 1.
4 wins in 8 is of course still doable but we’re still left asking ... whose going to score 4 goals to get us there?
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2021, 22:43:05 pm »

We only played there five times.....one win (that Cup win), one draw and three defeats.

24/09/77  Div 4  Lost 0-2
26/08/78  Div 4  Lost 1-4
08/11/80  Div 4  Lost 0-1
28/08/82  Div 4  Drew 1-1
23/11/82  FAC 2 Replay  Won 2-0

Fair enough. I just remember that period as grim because they were always a s***e side to play. Games won 1. Games drawn: 5. Games lost: 4

As for today, how the hell can you go into a must-win and, yet again, fail to have shots on target from open play? Angry
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2021, 01:44:33 am »

we seem to save the real dross for fellow strugglers and we’ve now just mostly got games left against the quality end of Div 1.
My mum has always said we only ever turn up against the teams at the top of the table so lets hope she's right (again Roll Eyes)
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2021, 04:26:16 am »

2 aspects to NTFC:

1) KC signed players to play direct football, so it is hard to judge the Brady Bunch when they try and get them to play football. My main reservation is recruitment in the summer. What knowledge do they have on young League 2/ National League players?

2) KT has financed the day to day running of the club by debt guarantees BUT he has achieved nothing tangible in the expansion of Sixfields- our future!

Like me, I am sure yesterday hit most Cobblers fans very very hard and I can not see the future path KT is overseeing to the benefit of NTFC!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2021, 08:47:55 am »

KT has financed the day to day running of the club by debt guarantees BUT he has achieved nothing tangible in the expansion of Sixfields- our future!

I really don’t see the fascination with the redevelopment and having a few extra empty seats in the stadium. Even if it’s ever completed I don’t see it having any effect on the playing side, any impact on budget would be minimal and we have consistently proved in the past we are just as likely to fail when we have money or succeed when we don’t.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: