The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:31:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Away at 'Ull Easter Monday 05.04.21

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Away at 'Ull Easter Monday 05.04.21  (Read 8961 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« on: April 03, 2021, 12:00:04 pm »

Well, we tamed the Shrews, can we tame the Tigers too?

Cobblers are on the road, and they don't come much tougher than a trip to the League leaders Hull City and their fantastic KCOM Stadium.
Hull sit atop the league with 73 points, one clear of Boro, seven games to play. In the home table they sit 4th, and they have been beaten five times in the league on their own patch. Peterborough, Shrewsbury, Portsmouth, MK Dons and Ipswich have walked away with three points. Hull do have 11 wins at home though.
Current form wise they are unbeaten in eight, six of those wins, form picked up after an indifferent run of two wins in 9 games in the New Year. Managed by former Posh boss Grant McCann, who notched up a win in his 100th game n charge on Saturday with a last minute winner at Crewe. That took his record to 40 wins in those 100 games.

They have only scored 22 goals at home, compared to 43 on their travels, but they do have the best defensive record at home with just 10 goals conceded in their 19 games to date. Player-wise, well they have three players in double figures for goals scored, the leader of the pack is Mallik Wilks, it was his winner that secured the three points against Crewe, that took him to 21 for the season. Northern Ireland international Josh Magennis is a big threat too, 13 goals for him, and they are backed up by Keane-Lewis Potter who is on 11. Magennis has been left on the bench in recent games as Hull have gone three up front using former Gillingham striker Tom Eaves as a target man.

Head-to-head, just 18 previous meetings between Hull and The Cobblers, Hull have the edge with 8 wins to 7, that extra win was the first meeting between the sides which came in the FA Cup back in 1915! 7 wins a piece in the league. We have actually won on our last two visits to Hull, have to go back to 2004 for the last game, that being the only game we have played at the "new" ground. Three early goals, two from Eric Sabin and one from Marc Richards helped us to a 3-2 win. Previous to that in 1999 our last visit to Boothferry Park also resulted in a win, 1-0 with Simon Sturridge netting his only goal in Cobblers colours.
Hull won the reverse fixture this season, Lewis-Potter and Honeyman goals in the first half went unanswered.

Current Hull keeper Matt Ingram had a spell on loan with us from QPR playing 20 games during the 2017/18 season.

Thomas Bramhall will take charge of the game, he reffed our goalless home draw with MK dons earlier this season, he also reffed our 5-2 win at Oldham on the last day of the 2019 season, and sent off Aaron Pierre in our 2-0 defeat at Port Vale earlier that same season. Hulls only previous experience of him seems to be the 0-0 draw at Sunderland at the start of this season. Bramhall has handed out 61 yellow and 4 red cards in his 27 games so far this campaign.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 14:08:50 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 12:45:41 pm »

Good summary as usual. You are doing a fantastic job. Keep it up.
But, I cant see us coming away from here with anything. Two things, trying to explain to a bloke at work, that he should look at "Kingston" when looking for it on a map, and one of the coldest grounds that I have been to.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 13:56:09 pm »

Ive got a very bad feeling again.
3-1 Hull, The Hoskmiester nicks a late one for us.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
guest49

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 14:12:59 pm »

The collective virtual support of the Cobblers and P*sh fans could nick us a point.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 16:40:24 pm »

Well, last (and only) time we played at the KC Stadium, came away with an excellent 3-2 win, Hull also near the top that day.
16,000 in attendance on a warm day, with around 6-700 Cobblers.
A good stay over in Hull as usual, Beverley Road, Springbank, Old Town and the Welly Club!

Would of course, be happy with a draw.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 17:14:43 pm »

A free hit this one. Let's go up there, keep it tight at the back and try and nick a goal on the break. A point would be great, 3 would be amazing but I'd be satisfied with 0 points and minimal impact on the goal difference column.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 17:16:22 pm »

Well, last (and only) time we played at the KC Stadium, came away with an excellent 3-2 win, Hull also near the top that day.
16,000 in attendance on a warm day, with around 6-700 Cobblers.
A good stay over in Hull as usual, Beverley Road, Springbank, Old Town and the Welly Club!

Would of course, be happy with a draw.
I was there too, excellent day out, Eric Sabin was rapid, we ripped them apart.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2021, 17:20:33 pm »

Let's try to be positive, although Hull are top of the table and the 2nd highest goal scorers only 1/3rd of their goals have been scored at home. They have 5 home defeats and only 1 of the teams to have beaten them (Posh) won away to us, we still have Ipswich to come here. Their home win % is only 58% having won 11 of 19 games. In 12 of the 19 home games they scored 1 goal or less (5 times failing to score) and only once have scored more than 2. However they have kept 11 clean sheets at home.
It would not surprise me if we started with the 11 that finished on Friday, playing Sheehan as an extra defender. If our defense can maintain their current excellent form we are capable of coming away with a surprise result. I think we are more likely to achieve that at Hull than at Posh or Sunderland.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 17:41:36 pm »

Let's try to be positive, although Hull are top of the table and the 2nd highest goal scorers only 1/3rd of their goals have been scored at home. They have 5 home defeats and only 1 of the teams to have beaten them (Posh) won away to us, we still have Ipswich to come here. Their home win % is only 58% having won 11 of 19 games. In 12 of the 19 home games they scored 1 goal or less (5 times failing to score) and only once have scored more than 2. However they have kept 11 clean sheets at home.
It would not surprise me if we started with the 11 that finished on Friday, playing Sheehan as an extra defender. If our defense can maintain their current excellent form we are capable of coming away with a surprise result. I think we are more likely to achieve that at Hull than at Posh or Sunderland.
Lies, damn lies...then positive spin stats!

Lets also not forget that they have only beaten us on one solitary occasion this season!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2021, 18:02:24 pm »

And they weren't particularly impressive on that occasion.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2021, 18:38:31 pm »

A free hit this one. Let's go up there, keep it tight at the back and try and nick a goal on the break. A point would be great, 3 would be amazing but I'd be satisfied with 0 points and minimal impact on the goal difference column.

This
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2021, 18:41:58 pm »

Well I hope the lads have not eaten all the Easter eggs. Brady will need to hatch a plan to make sure we scramble Hull and give the devil to the yolks up there after they are well and truly beaten.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2021, 20:02:17 pm »

The Great Escape, 1993 last 7 games.

02 Apr 1993   Northampton Town v Rochdale               W   1-0   
06 Apr 1993   Northampton Town v Bury                       W   1-0   
12 Apr 1993   Northampton Town v Walsall               D   0-0
20 Apr 1993   Colchester United v Northampton Town    L   2-0
24 Apr 1993   Doncaster Rovers v Northampton Town.   D   2-2
27 Apr 1993   Northampton Town v Wrexham               L   0-2
08 May 1993   Shrewsbury Town v Northampton Town.  W   2-3

Don’t tell me we can’t avoid relegation. 2 nil down at half time away from home against a Shrewsbury side going for promotion? Hands up if you were one of the 2,500 there and think we can also turnover Hull? 🖐
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2021, 20:37:48 pm »

The Great Escape, 1993 last 7 games.

02 Apr 1993   Northampton Town v Rochdale               W   1-0   
06 Apr 1993   Northampton Town v Bury                       W   1-0   
12 Apr 1993   Northampton Town v Walsall               D   0-0
20 Apr 1993   Colchester United v Northampton Town    L   2-0
24 Apr 1993   Doncaster Rovers v Northampton Town.   D   2-2
27 Apr 1993   Northampton Town v Wrexham               L   0-2
08 May 1993   Shrewsbury Town v Northampton Town.  W   2-3

Don’t tell me we can’t avoid relegation. 2 nil down at half time away from home against a Shrewsbury side going for promotion? Hands up if you were one of the 2,500 there and think we can also turnover Hull? 🖐
I have to put my hand up - I was there at the Gay Meadow in 1993, having not long moved with my job to Shrewsbury. Unbelievable result!
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2021, 20:44:57 pm »

I have to put my hand up - I was there at the Gay Meadow in 1993, having not long moved with my job to Shrewsbury. Unbelievable result!

If I recall correctly, it was the day I got well and truly acquainted with Pat Gavin's arse, fnarr fnarr.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2021, 20:46:17 pm »

A draw would be an amazing result .
if we score it would be a miracle
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2021, 20:48:45 pm »

Amazing result at Gay Meadow after being two nil down, but we would still have stayed up even if we had of lost  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2021, 20:51:49 pm »

Pressure all on Hull

Shackles off so let's av a right good go.

Don't risk any player carrying a knock, Saturday is more important & winnable than this game.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2021, 08:34:32 am »

Amazing result at Gay Meadow after being two nil down, but we would still have stayed up even if we had of lost  Grin
Did you notice the Bury fans sat to our left?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2021, 09:16:05 am »

Not if the others won?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: