The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:58:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

North Stand Terrace - The future of going to football?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: North Stand Terrace - The future of going to football?  (Read 751 times)
guest3429

Badges: (View All)
« on: April 14, 2021, 04:19:23 am »

With relegation almost inevitable and with our owners and (whoever is the council) locked in a staring match, nothing will be happening to Sickfields for a very long time.

Covid is with us and is not going away, how will going to football be affected? Sitting, squeezed up for 90 minutes surrounded by cold hard surfaces is about the best way to spread it around, I would argue, so for now at least seated stadiums are almost useless.

There is absolutely no connection between going to Hillsborough in 1989 for an FA Cup semi-final and watching league one or two football today, especially now. To sneak Hawkwind into another thread, all your needs are catered for anticipated, calculated all your wants are monitored programmed, computer formulated...It wont be long before your ticket is through an app and the turnstile will open to your QR Code.

With that in mind and considering we'll probably be at home to Barrow next season. I suggest we call to pull out the seats in the North Stand and replace it, not with safe standing but with free movement, old style terracing. Not only will it be a better atmosphere for the few hardy souls who will continue to go, but it would probably get the backing of the WHO on health grounds!

I didn't want to post this in the tired redev thread as this is not about Sixfields per se, but how any of you might perceive the matchday experience will be for the next season or so as things are going to be different, the FA Cup semi final not allowing under 18's, who could have ever predicted that!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest3086

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 06:31:34 am »

I don't think the Pity-us Arena is going to have any cash thrown its way any time soon.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 11:26:55 am »

The act brought in after Hillsborough doesn't apply to football below Championship level any way. Seats were put into lower league grounds for one reason only, to charge more money, simple as that. Different for Sixfields of course as that was the council just wanting to be seen doing the right thing.
It's a brilliant idea to remove the seats in the North Stand,  something I mentioned a fair few years back, but, as with most ideas you're going to get knocked back on it. Nothing to stop the Club and the fans from joining together to build a new terrace behind that goal. It's not going to happen though, too many people will oppose any  change. The supporters of NTFC and the Club itself just don't have wants needed to push something through like that, so it's a non starter.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 11:40:42 am »

The act brought in after Hillsborough doesn't apply to football below Championship level any way. Seats were put into lower league grounds for one reason only, to charge more money, simple as that. Different for Sixfields of course as that was the council just wanting to be seen doing the right thing.
It's a brilliant idea to remove the seats in the North Stand,  something I mentioned a fair few years back, but, as with most ideas you're going to get knocked back on it. Nothing to stop the Club and the fans from joining together to build a new terrace behind that goal. It's not going to happen though, too many people will oppose any  change. The supporters of NTFC and the Club itself just don't have wants needed to push something through like that, so it's a non starter.
KT has some ring fenced money apparently so who knows?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 13:21:02 pm »

For the North Stand ? Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 16:19:22 pm »

For the North Stand ? Roll Eyes
Well ones things for sure he ain’t spent it on the East.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3429

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 16:41:30 pm »

That's how I also understood it, wasn't there 2 years grace given to clubs entering the championship to replace any terracing? Borro have eaten that up I think? Anyway, nice problem to have, bastards.

Whatever the reasons we fitted them, it's now time to pull them out! With covid and at our level the option for some free standing terracing should be provided, as much as they tore down the fencing after Hillsborough.

I'm also curious as to how everyone feels about going back, will there be new protocols? All I know is it now feels a long way from the halcyon days of surges in the Hotel End, and that's never coming back. Different surges from now on?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: