The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:32:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 203776 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #2660 on: September 23, 2021, 11:26:27 am »

Ok...

Lack of Transparency - eg: Chinese Sale - opinion.
Lack of Transparency over the Chinese sale - fact

Lack of Details On EVERYTHING - opinion.
Lack of Details On SOMETHINGS - fact

Ok thanks Woody, but with the situation the club is in, you choose to nitpick some 'facts' rather than question the owners on their behaviour and the future of your football club
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #2661 on: September 23, 2021, 11:54:32 am »

What's you take on the FACT that we are worse off now that when KT took over?

Are we?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #2662 on: September 23, 2021, 12:19:50 pm »

It’s worth pointing out boot that it was mentioned at the time that vadaine Oliver was on £500 quid a week (I’m sure those in the know can clarify)
That’s a long way off of the bottom end mark of £1300….
Rumours of not paying a potential new signing £1000 a week may or may not be true (again I’m sure others can clarify).
A point I do agree with is that under the current ownership we cannot sustain/afford league one football.
This begs the question, why bother getting promoted??

Can anyone tell me what the owners would do differently at their third crack at league one football if we were to go up?
I said prior to last years feeble attempt with a league two squad that we would go straight back down.
Even the chairman admitted they needed outside investment (ah the old Chinese investment mystery) to be able to compete at league one level.
The crux is imo the owners have taken us as far as they can and I don’t know how much proof other posters need before they realise this.

It’s almost disheartening to think of promotion under the current board
I’ve said it before we are the Norwich of league two.

Ok in our own league but cannon fodder and a waste of time being promoted (and unlike norwich we don’t get parachute payments)
So what exactly is the point in promotion and can someone confirm that if we were to go up we would have a proper attempt at staying there next time???

Again not anti club but facts regards our attempts to compete in the league above.

Firstly, good to see you've re-merged!  Smiley

I will respond to one question you've posed...what would the owners do differently if they get a third stab at league one?

I think, in balance its fair to make the following points. The first relegation happened when we had at least a top half of league1 budget. The money was spent very badly, we all know that, but its unfair to say that we didn't compete financially, because we more than did! Where that money came from by the way is irrelevant to this specific topic, but transfer fees and inflated wages were thrown about and it didn't end well.

The 2nd time, we lost 5 key players for a variety of different reasons, this coincided with COVID19. Two of those players were on loan. One we sold to Brentford. One was a crock and about 40.  I think its fair to say that we were ill-equipped to give league1 a decent bash, and I don't think its fair to blame the owners for this. The biggest error (hindight much of it) was playing chicken with our rivals with regards to Oliver. If we'd kept him, I reckon we would have scraped enough points and we would still be in league1.

If we were to gain promotion this time round, it would be the first time under the current owners that we would likely to be going into the next league, all things equal. And with the same manager who got us there, but without the baggage that Curle had (who was not overly liked by a lot of our fans). So we may just get a bit of a bounce from it all.

Longer term, we would need to develop additional income streams to be successful, we all know that. But that's an entirely different topic. By all means continue to raise your many points with regards to us not spending £ on strikers etc, but be a bit more balanced with it all, then your points would have far more credibility attached to them!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #2663 on: September 23, 2021, 13:05:57 pm »

Who would you blame for us going into last season ill equipped?
The buck stops with our owners end of.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #2664 on: September 23, 2021, 13:31:11 pm »

Firstly, good to see you've re-merged!  Smiley

I will respond to one question you've posed...what would the owners do differently if they get a third stab at league one?

I think, in balance its fair to make the following points. The first relegation happened when we had at least a top half of league1 budget. The money was spent very badly, we all know that, but its unfair to say that we didn't compete financially, because we more than did! Where that money came from by the way is irrelevant to this specific topic, but transfer fees and inflated wages were thrown about and it didn't end well.

The 2nd time, we lost 5 key players for a variety of different reasons, this coincided with COVID19. Two of those players were on loan. One we sold to Brentford. One was a crock and about 40.  I think its fair to say that we were ill-equipped to give league1 a decent bash, and I don't think its fair to blame the owners for this. The biggest error (hindight much of it) was playing chicken with our rivals with regards to Oliver. If we'd kept him, I reckon we would have scraped enough points and we would still be in league1.

If we were to gain promotion this time round, it would be the first time under the current owners that we would likely to be going into the next league, all things equal. And with the same manager who got us there, but without the baggage that Curle had (who was not overly liked by a lot of our fans). So we may just get a bit of a bounce from it all.

Longer term, we would need to develop additional income streams to be successful, we all know that. But that's an entirely different topic. By all means continue to raise your many points with regards to us not spending £ on strikers etc, but be a bit more balanced with it all, then your points would have far more credibility attached to them!

Great post.  The thing is as with everything in life there are nuances and details in every circumstance that create the outcome.  Things sometimes just aren't black and white in the way some people want to see them.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: September 23, 2021, 13:42:41 pm »

Great post.  The thing is as with everything in life there are nuances and details in every circumstance that create the outcome.  Things sometimes just aren't black and white in the way some people want to see them.
What your missing is the common denominator, it’s the job of the board to plan for the nuances and details, it’s because of their spectacular failure to prepare and then to properly manage the situation is the reason why we have failed twice under their tenure.
I guess it’s no surprise when the running of the club comes as a poor relation to a round of golf!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: September 23, 2021, 13:44:09 pm »

The manager has a fantastic transfer window the previous summer resulting in a promotion, he’s then given money for transfer fees and bar the signings of Horsfall and Kioso his transfers are a complete disaster and the team get relegated.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: September 23, 2021, 13:52:40 pm »

The manager has a fantastic transfer window the previous summer resulting in a promotion, he’s then given money for transfer fees and bar the signings of Horsfall and Kioso his transfers are a complete disaster and the team get relegated.
Agreed but as a chairman there’s a point where you have to be a bit hands on.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Gazman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #2668 on: September 23, 2021, 13:58:03 pm »

I think its hard to judge on last year, we went up after an early end to the season saw us scrape into the playoffs, there was so much uncertainty in football at that time with no indication crowds would be coming back into stadiums which would have had such a massive impact on income from this and sponsors. The club may have waved the white flag in terms of maintaining league 1 status but they kept the club afloat with no sign we were ever in danger when other clubs were publicly announcing they were close to othe wire

And for anyone to say we are no better off than before the current regime came in is off their t1ts. If they hadnt come in there is the real possibility the club wouldnt exist now
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #2669 on: September 23, 2021, 14:03:03 pm »

What your missing is the common denominator, it’s the job of the board to plan for the nuances and details, it’s because of their spectacular failure to prepare and then to properly manage the situation is the reason why we have failed twice under their tenure.
I guess it’s no surprise when the running of the club comes as a poor relation to a round of golf!

I think you are right to an extent and is why I genuinely don't mind if we don't go up this year as I don't think we are prepared as a club for that level yet.

What I'm saying is you want to simply blame the owners.  Look at the summer we had when we went up last time.  A season that was laready delayed, promoted through the play offs so even more delay with a team that wasn't league one ready in any shape or form.  We were in the middle of a global pandemic with no end in sight, no sign of future income and how that looked, sold our best defender and our strike force.

Now some say sign better players.  Get in a 20 goal a season striker, creative midfielder etc.  but on the other hand the same people moan about the 6 mill debt.  As Drilling said look at the previous promotion when we did go for it financially.
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2670 on: September 23, 2021, 14:21:11 pm »

Is there news of any signings?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #2671 on: September 23, 2021, 14:32:15 pm »

On the topic of us being "outbid" by Chesterfield, I liken it to my views on housing.

Around where I live there are a lot of new houses springing up that are bigger, arguably nicer and certainly a lot more expensive than mine. I earn a pretty decent salary and I occasionally find myself wondering what jobs all these people do that allows them to afford these houses when I can't.

The truth is though, I actually could afford them, I'm just not prepared to be mortgaged up to the hilt. I'm mortgage free, which gives me and my family a massive degree of security and a good chunk of disposable income. To me, they are more important to me than owning a bigger house. Other people make a different choice and that's their prerogative, it's purely a case of priorities, but if those people lose their jobs or find themselves unable to work they could see it all come crashing down around them. Risk and reward, I guess.

I suspect Chesterfield have pushed the boat out in the hope their new player does the business and they make a big profit. They may well do so and fair play to them if they do, but equally he could break his leg in his next match or do his ACL in training and then they are stuck with his salary.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2672 on: September 23, 2021, 15:27:10 pm »

I think its hard to judge on last year, we went up after an early end to the season saw us scrape into the playoffs, there was so much uncertainty in football at that time with no indication crowds would be coming back into stadiums which would have had such a massive impact on income from this and sponsors. The club may have waved the white flag in terms of maintaining league 1 status but they kept the club afloat with no sign we were ever in danger when other clubs were publicly announcing they were close to othe wire

And for anyone to say we are no better off than before the current regime came in is off their t1ts. If they hadnt come in there is the real possibility the club wouldnt exist now

Good old Gazman - your last sentence says it all Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2673 on: October 02, 2021, 20:29:26 pm »

10 games in I’d be very interested to hear thoughts on our summer recruits…

For me 2 good signings Roberts and Guthrie from 11/12.

Who is to blame? How many players didn’t JB / CC know of beforehand?

Jonny Maxted – Goalkeeper – Exeter City
Liam Roberts – Goalkeeper – Walsall
Aaron McGowan – Right Back – Kilmarnock
Jon Guthrie – Centre Back – Livingston
Sid Nelson – Centre Back – Tranmere Rovers
Dylan Connolly – Right Wing – St Mirren
Jordan Flores – Central Midfield – Hull City
Paul Lewis – Central Midfield – Tranmere Rovers
Mitch Pinnock – Left Wing - Kilmarnock
Nicke Kabamba – Striker – Kilmarnock
The lad from Villa?

Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #2674 on: October 02, 2021, 20:49:17 pm »

Roberts
Guthrie

Top signings

McGowan and Koiki are OK

The rest .....awful
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #2675 on: October 02, 2021, 21:06:58 pm »

10 games in I’d be very interested to hear thoughts on our summer recruits…

For me 2 good signings Roberts and Guthrie from 11/12.

Who is to blame? How many players didn’t JB / CC know of beforehand?

The lad from Villa?

I've changed my mind about McGowan, he's worth a contract as is Koiki. Lewis looks like he could still get better to me.
Agree with Roberts and Guthrie
Not seen enough of Nelson, Connolly.
Pinnock started well but has gone missing and needs to turn it round quickly.
Kambamba is not upto it
Villa lad, who?
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2676 on: October 02, 2021, 21:51:36 pm »

I've changed my mind about McGowan, he's worth a contract as is Koiki. Lewis looks like he could still get better to me.
Agree with Roberts and Guthrie
Not seen enough of Nelson, Connolly.
Pinnock started well but has gone missing and needs to turn it round quickly.
Kambamba is not upto it
Villa lad, who?

On deadline day we signed a lad called Dominic Raven on loan from
Villa. A full back / CB.

I assume we scouted him beforehand but he hasn’t made a match day squad since signing!?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2677 on: October 02, 2021, 22:19:43 pm »

Koiki, is not a full back. Left sided midfielder yes, never a full back /wingback. Way to many costly mistake in defence, needs to be released from that position ASAP and replaced with a defender who knows how to defend.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3338

« Reply #2678 on: October 02, 2021, 22:22:29 pm »

On deadline day we signed a lad called Dominic Raven on loan from
Villa. A full back / CB.

I assume we scouted him beforehand but he hasn’t made a match day squad since signing!?
I realized that, hence 'who?' !
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: October 03, 2021, 02:10:24 am »

The lad from Villa?

Etete is missing from the list

Pretty much agree only Guthrie, Roberts and to an extent McGowan have impressed.

Also Sowerby and Rose who were signed for fees to play at league 1 level, were poor last year, hardly look any better at league 2 level.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: