The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:18:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 204034 times)
guest3359

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #2720 on: October 12, 2021, 12:59:14 pm »

BAS was 12th in 2019/20
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2721 on: October 12, 2021, 14:22:05 pm »

The transfers this year would have come from the top of Foyles head. You can't set up recruitment from scratch in a month, you set up networks and follow your targets for months to get a feel of them. There's no way there was a plan last year with the limits of beginning from zero, it would have been a case of, "Did you see anyone in Scotland who's out of contract and worth a gamble, we've got two months to assemble a team". Not people that have been highlighted by statisical analysis as the best bets.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #2722 on: October 12, 2021, 14:54:07 pm »

I think my point is simple. That the under23's league thing is totally and utterly irrelevant when it comes to stats versus capability at EFL level!

Yep this.  I've watched quite a bit of Under 23s football over the years and you are spot on.  A totally different style of football played on mostly perfect pitches in an almost friendly like environment.  Don't get me wrong some really good footballers and great to watch if you like good passing football but nothing like anything players would face in most of the lower levels of the football league.   

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #2723 on: October 12, 2021, 16:04:42 pm »

The transfers this year would have come from the top of Foyles head. You can't set up recruitment from scratch in a month, you set up networks and follow your targets for months to get a feel of them. There's no way there was a plan last year with the limits of beginning from zero, it would have been a case of, "Did you see anyone in Scotland who's out of contract and worth a ****, we've got two months to assemble a team". Not people that have been highlighted by statisical analysis as the best bets.
No they were discussed by the committee 😉
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: October 12, 2021, 16:09:12 pm »

Yep this.  I've watched quite a bit of Under 23s football over the years and you are spot on.  A totally different style of football played on mostly perfect pitches in an almost friendly like environment.  Don't get me wrong some really good footballers and great to watch if you like good passing football but nothing like anything players would face in most of the lower levels of the football league.   

Totally agree and then you go and get ginger pele Calum Morton.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2725 on: October 12, 2021, 16:12:45 pm »

The transfers this year would have come from the top of Foyles head. You can't set up recruitment from scratch in a month, you set up networks and follow your targets for months to get a feel of them. There's no way there was a plan last year with the limits of beginning from zero, it would have been a case of, "Did you see anyone in Scotland who's out of contract and worth a ****, we've got two months to assemble a team". Not people that have been highlighted by statisical analysis as the best bets.

We have to rely on the recruiting experts advice! But the selection of Kabamba needs some explanation as his goals in games played is a rudimentary guide. When his name appeared that was the source most on here did and then expressed doubt. If Swindon can put together a side why can’t we?
We ought to be asking Mr Foyle his justifications for signing Mr K?  
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2726 on: October 12, 2021, 16:31:31 pm »

We have to rely on the recruiting experts advice! But the selection of Kabamba needs some explanation as his goals in games played is a rudimentary guide. When his name appeared that was the source most on here did and then expressed doubt. If Swindon can put together a side why can’t we?
We ought to be asking Mr Foyle his justifications for signing Mr K?  

I think someone should be asking for his justifications on a few others also!

It's a strange old world, I wonder if the manager and owner trust him enough in the next window after the horlicks he's made so far?

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2727 on: October 12, 2021, 16:47:39 pm »

Totally agree and then you go and get ginger pele Calum Morton.

And that's the argument or proves the point, he had done next to nothing of significance prior to coming to us, we were lucky with him.
We haven't been as 'lucky' with the current ones.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: October 12, 2021, 17:30:40 pm »

I think someone should be asking for his justifications on a few others also!

It's a strange old world, I wonder if the manager and owner trust him enough in the next window after the horlicks he's made so far?

Perhaps so but you make it sound all of them are failures! So who are the few others?
Report Spam   Logged

Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #2729 on: October 12, 2021, 17:42:00 pm »

I personally think our central midfield is non existent. We have several forwards capable of 10-15 goals with the right service, Harry Smith is currently proving he wasn't the issue last season. 

Totally disagree, in the 4-4-2 we play the 4 attacking players (2 wingers and 2 strikers) need to do much more in terms of creating and scoring goals, I think there is promise in Etete but other than that Hoskins has been the best of the bunch which says it all really.   
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: October 12, 2021, 18:32:32 pm »

Perhaps so but you make it sound all of them are failures! So who are the few others?

I can’t vouch for his involvement in each recruit but failures thus far I would have:

Jonny Maxted – Goalkeeper – Exeter City
Sid Nelson – Centre Back – Tranmere Rovers
Dylan Connolly – Right Wing – St Mirren
Jordan Flores – Central Midfield – Hull City
Mitch Pinnock – Left Wing - Kilmarnock
Nicke Kabamba – Striker – Kilmarnock

Whilst the likes of Lewis and Ktete haven’t really contributed much.

Haven’t seen enough of Nelson, but certainly didn’t look like a starter in what I’ve seen.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2731 on: October 12, 2021, 18:38:41 pm »

Totally disagree, in the 4-4-2 we play the 4 attacking players (2 wingers and 2 strikers) need to do much more in terms of creating and scoring goals, I think there is promise in Etete but other than that Hoskins has been the best of the bunch which says it all really.   

Two under performing wingers and nothing into feet from midfield.

I'm not saying the strikers are stand out, I just mean we should be able to score more from open play with that front line.
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: October 12, 2021, 18:49:56 pm »

I can’t vouch for his involvement in each recruit but failures thus far I would have:

Haven’t seen enough of Nelson, but certainly didn’t look like a starter in what I’ve seen.
Absolutely spot on, Sid Nelson is a conference player at best, Maxted is a rolly polly liability and as for Mitch “lazy bàstard” Pinnock the less said the better.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #2733 on: October 12, 2021, 19:43:39 pm »

Absolutely spot on, Sid Nelson is a conference player at best, Maxted is a rolly polly liability and as for Mitch “lazy bàstard” Pinnock the less said the better.

Very harsh as always  Roll Eyes

Maxted is a perfectly adequate number 2. Nelson is out for the season, so how can you judge him on 2 or 3 games? Pinnock, I agree should be doing a little more.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: October 12, 2021, 20:52:33 pm »

Very harsh as always  Roll Eyes

Maxted is a perfectly adequate number 2. Nelson is out for the season, so how can you judge him on 2 or 3 games? Pinnock, I agree should be doing a little more.
It’s how I see it, take it you weren’t at the league cup game when Maxted was beaten from 30 yards?
Nelson is dreadful and nothing more than last resort back up.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #2735 on: October 12, 2021, 21:02:19 pm »

It’s how I see it, take it you weren’t at the league cup game when Maxted was beaten from 30 yards?
Nelson is dreadful and nothing more than last resort back up.

Yes, I was at the game. Goalkeepers make mistakes on occasions and normally they result in goals, I should know as I kept goal at local level. Players make mistakes all the time but they mostly get away with them, that's the difference.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: October 12, 2021, 21:21:14 pm »

Yes, I was at the game. Goalkeepers make mistakes on occasions and normally they result in goals, I should know as I kept goal at local level. Players make mistakes all the time but they mostly get away with them, that's the difference.
I never seen you play but I reckon you’d have saved the one against the Wombles.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: October 13, 2021, 10:03:08 am »

Not much wrong with Maxted as a back up; certainly Roberts is number 1.
Nelson played well at Coventry
Bit early to prejudge Connolly
Flores seems to be a footballer
Pinnock early games ok
Kabamba poor
Lewis workmanlike, needs to improve on goals/games ratio
Ktete - only potential striker we have so must play?
Is your selection of above list of players based on personal preferences/prejudices, an indirect criticism of
JB and/or Chief Scout or just merely players played out of position to suit system. What happened to Revan?
Report Spam   Logged

Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: October 13, 2021, 10:17:46 am »

Pinnock early games ok
Kabamba poor
Is your selection of above list of players based on personal preferences/prejudices, an indirect criticism of
JB and/or Chief Scout or just merely players played out of position to suit system. What happened to Revan?

Very interesting, so bar Kabamba all other signings are okay.

I look forward to meeting you at the promotion party.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: October 13, 2021, 10:39:50 am »

Pinnock early games ok
Kabamba poor

I must admit it's strange that you call Kabamba out as the only 'poor' signing. Only a few weeks ago you were posting how dangerous he looked with the ball at his feet, and praising him for his ability to play a pass or two.

You also agreed with Back of the Nets comment post Port Vale:

"Kabamba - just superb. Probably my MOM. Canny, quick, surprisingly good feet for a big man. Will be a crowd favourite in no time."

On the flip side, you state Nelson cant be labelled as a poor signing because he played well at Coventry and its too early to judge others.

Very interesting, do you have an ulterior motive?

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: