The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:28:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Seasiders at home Sat 01.05.21

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasiders at home Sat 01.05.21  (Read 11599 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« on: April 29, 2021, 22:06:13 pm »

Its Brady's last stand......or is it? The final home game of a very strange season is upon us, and the requirements are clear.....we must not lose, and preferably we must win, and even more preferably we must win whilst Wimbledon lose and Wigan don't win! Are you following all this??

22nd place Cobblers welcome 5th placed Blackpool to the PTS. Blackpool have no chance of automatic promotion but do have a better than average chance of a playoff place, sitting three points ahead of 7th placed Oxford with a game in hand. After us they have back to back home games against Doncaster and already relegated Bristol Rovers so its definitely theirs to lose.

The Tangerines are managed by former Liverpool U21 coach Neil Critchley, who has overseen 23 wins and 14 defeats in his 54 games in charge so far. Blackpool themselves have righted the ship after a little wobble of late, a 16 game unbeaten run was punctured by back to back defeats, however a superb 1-0 win at Sunderland on Tuesday night has left them in good shape. Those defeats were surprisingly against Rochdale and Shrewsbury. They have struggled for goals of late, scoring just three goals in their last five games, they have though only conceded two in those same five.

Away form has been ok, 10 wins and 8 defeats, the sixth best record in the division. Their main goal threat comes from Jerry Yates, he has 20 goals to his name this season, 18 of them in the league, none in his last 6 outings though. Sullay Kaikai comes next in the charts with just seven goals, it was he who scored the winner at The Stadium of Light on Tuesday night. Kaikai picked up an injury in that game and faces a fitness test before Saturday.

Another player who faces a fitness test is former Cobblers loanee Keshi Anderson who has been out since January with a hamstring injury but is closing in on a return of some sort before the end of the season...hopefully they'll save him for the playoffs! Former Cobblers always seem to score against us.

Head to head, well now 33 games between the sides in the league, The Cobblers coming out on top in just nine of them. Seven of those wins have come at home for us though, with five defeats. Their last visit to Sixfields ended in defeat, Sam Hoskins with the only goal of the game after 21 minutes enough to give us the points. Blackpool last won at Northampton in 2002, a 90th minute John Murphy winner enough to separate the sides.
Earlier this season, in fact only a couple of months ago, we slipped to a 2-0 defeat on the Fylde coast, Ekpiteta and Yates the goalscorers.

Referee for this game is Peter Wright, he has already reffed two Blackpool away games, at Crewe (1-1) and Oxford (2-0 Blackpool win), and he has reffed us away from home too, sending off Joe Pritchard late on in our goalless draw at Accrington. This will be his first visit to the PTS since last season, a game where he sent off Sam Hoskins after just 10 minutes of our defeat to Mansfield.  89 yellow and three reds in his 30 games so far this season.
Hoping for no injuries amongst the match officials as Trevor Kettle is the fourth official for the game!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 08:03:09 am »

1-3 to The Seasiders.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3359

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 08:20:48 am »

Good summary. Although wont be keeping an eye on Wimbledon, think they're safe (from us) now. Rochdale v Donny is the one to watch.
Hopeful we can win this and then take it to the last game when anything can happen. But realistically getting prepared for watching L2 football again.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 08:45:01 am »

Good summary. Although wont be keeping an eye on Wimbledon, think they're safe (from us) now. Rochdale v Donny is the one to watch.
Hopeful we can win this and then take it to the last game when anything can happen. But realistically getting prepared for watching L2 football again.

The problem is that we need to be above two of the three: AFC, Wigan and Rochdale. 
Realistically Wigan and Rochdale are the two, but all we can do is win both of our games and keep all appendages crossed.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2021, 13:26:04 pm »

A game with 2 teams in identical form, both have 8 points from their last 6 games. We are 3rd in the home table with 13 points from our last 6 home games while Blackpool are 3rd in the away table with a similar record. Only Hull have conceded less goals than Blackpool's 37 but they have only scored 54 in 43 games and you have to go down to 12th placed Ipswich to find another club with fewer. Therefor their games tend to be low scoring affairs with a total of 91 from 43 games, average 2.1 per game. In their last 10 away games they have kept 7 clean sheets so appear hard to break down, now watch us roar into a 4-0 half time lead as we did against Portsmouth.
We still owe Blackpool one for our last game of season defeat, at their place, which relegated us from the top flight in 1966 with the highest points total a team had been relegated with. Before winning at out of form Sunderland ( bottom of the last 6 games chart) they lost at home to Shrewsbury and away at Rochdale and have only scored twice in their last 5 games, both against Sunderland. We are capable of winning this and taking it down to the final round of matches.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 15:21:23 pm »

A must-win game I understand.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 15:38:09 pm »

Plagiarist... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2021, 16:37:40 pm »

A draw might be ok? Based on a dicey far fetched scenario!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 19:58:26 pm »

Plagiarist... Wink
Plagiarism!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 20:46:13 pm »

Plagiarism!!!

Grin Cool
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 21:40:24 pm »

A game with 2 teams in identical form, both have 8 points from their last 6 games.  ..........................................We are capable of winning this and taking it down to the final round of matches.

Along with GPC you make some decent comments so would like to join you both in wishing the Cobblers that most sought after talisman lady luck!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 21:43:30 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest49

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 12:15:27 pm »

I’m starting the ‘Cobblers weekend of love’
It may be that some are lumping this site under ‘social media’ but then again we’ve probably run out of hope and things to say.

I wonder if those who do post can be ‘kind’ this weekend? I appreciate this will be harder for some than others  Grin
I reckon anything argumentative should be £1 into a charity of their choosing, outright insults £5. Anyone tells me to **** off it’s a tenner.  Tongue

Failing that it might be good to have a quiet weekend and start the autopsy on Monday!

Good luck today boys and girls….UTC.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 12:47:32 pm »

I’m starting the ‘Cobblers weekend of love’
It may be that some are lumping this site under ‘social media’ but then again we’ve probably run out of hope and things to say.

I wonder if those who do post can be ‘kind’ this weekend? I appreciate this will be harder for some than others  Grin
I reckon anything argumentative should be £1 into a charity of their choosing, outright insults £5. Anyone tells me to **** off it’s a tenner.  Tongue

Failing that it might be good to have a quiet weekend and start the autopsy on Monday!

Good luck today boys and girls….UTC.

Great idea Tone, although charity's are a bit iffy right now. Feed the world..well they didn't and apparently Oxfam now rape children? I don't know where to turn?

With that in mind, charity begins at home so if we start the "Finish the East stand" charity and as we are playing Blackpool if Evers dons a kiss me quick hat, I'll go tongues in for a tenner.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 13:15:25 pm »

Cobblers: Mitchell, Kioso, Jones, Horsfall, Mills, McWilliams, Morris, Watson, Hoskins, Miller, A Jones
Subs: Woods, Chukwuemeka, Edmondson, Harriman, Bolger, Rose, Marshall
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 13:30:21 pm »

Disappointed not to see Chucks start
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2021, 13:40:19 pm »

Ive got a very bad feeling about today..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2021, 13:40:57 pm »

Ive got a very bad feeling about today..

I haven't.
Report Spam   Logged
Keith

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2021, 13:45:05 pm »

why do topics disappear
unless started by the chums of Mark and army boy
Report Spam   Logged
yayo bayo

View Profile
Poll Voter Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2021, 13:51:26 pm »

I got given a club shirt two weeks ago and have worn it in the last two games and we haven't lost...missus has been away all week and I have let household chores slide. It has been in the washbasket with dirty laundry and stinks...I shall be wearing it regardless...utc!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2021, 13:53:32 pm »

Decent crowd on the bank today with the local meat wagon.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: