The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:06:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Trust Engagement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust Engagement  (Read 1312 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« on: May 04, 2021, 19:15:42 pm »

On a local level, The Trust has also been in contact with members of the new West Northants Council, there are only officers appointed at present, no actual councillors until after Thursdays election.

The Club held a meeting with officers of WNC last week, and the Trust chair received a letter from KT outlining these discussions. As far as can be ascertained the status quo remains, namely that the Club have held "positive discussions" and set out their hopes and aspirations, whilst at the same time the Council have laid out their expectations and hopes! I won't jump the gun and give out the details, but as is said in the letter the position has not changed since the last talks between the Club and the then NBC back in December.

The Trust for their part have been asked to support said plans. A response to this request will be agreed at the next Trust board meeting which takes place next week.

It has already been a real eye opener for me. I have attended a Zoom meeting with Kelvin Thomas, James Whiting and Gareth Wilshere a couple of weeks back, and some financials were discussed which has enabled me to gain a greater understanding of just what is going on on that front, and how COVID has affected things.

In light of recent events, and as part of the Trust's "desire" to see more fan involvement in the running of our club the Trust have arranged or are holding meetings with other supporters clubs. We had a meeting with Swindon last week, and have forthcoming meetings with Accrington Stanley and Torquay in the near future. We (the Trust) want to learn more about the issues encountered when fans do have a greater say in the running of THEIR club, and so can make a more informed decision about how to progress matters should it still be desired.

And that's the big thing, I completely agree that ALL COBBLERS FANS, not just those who are members of the Trust have a voice and should be able to ask questions. The Trust recognises the need to reach out to more fans and is planning an open forum in the coming months, subject of course to Covid restrictions being lifted. All Trust members have the opportunity to attend the Zoom meetings in the meantime, and indeed a couple of non-board members have recently attended meetings online.

Believe me, there is a lot going on behind the scenes, as Shane (Drilling) alluded to there are sometimes multiple meetings in a week at the moment, the situation is very fluid, but there remains a desire to be more involved in the direction of NTFC and to get more people involved in that process.

I am on here most days, so if you want to know anything, and I can answer it then I will. This will be part of the "greater involvement".

As I mentioned, there is a Trust Board meeting next Thursday and there are items on the agenda such as formulating a response to Kelvins letter, discussing proposals (in their infancy) for development of the North Stand and a fanzone, Community Ownership plans and models, a membership drive already mentioned, and also an agreed Public Statement outlining the current direction of the Trust.

Judging by a lot of the comments on here, on Facebook's various forums, and in Football in general, there seems to be a wish for change. How we go about making that change is yet to be decided, What direction to take is also yet to be decided, nothing is set in stone.

I will endeavour to keep you updated, and as I say I will try to answer an queries you may have to the best of my ability.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge in the past few years, mistakes have been made, and yes the Trust has made some of them. But isn't it time to draw a line under a lot of this now and all pull together as supporters of Northampton Town Football Club?

Sincerely,

Simon (GPC)

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: