The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 01:34:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Truth

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Truth  (Read 778 times)
Ted

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: June 18, 2010, 21:16:11 pm »

After watching the abysmal performance of the English 'superstars' I think every Cobblers supporter, and indeed any supporter of a team outside of the Premiership, should bombard the forums of the Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool et al, and say " you are quite happy supporting your over-paid foreigners and English halfwits week in and week out, and this is the result. A national team that is an embarrassment to our sporting heritage" For the good of the game that I love, I sincerely hope that on Wednesday we are knocked out of the world Cup.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest143

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 21:42:39 pm »

I have now wasted my time twice for that dribble. Bunch of overpaid tossers. Algeria faaaackin hell Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 22:10:19 pm »

No doubt when Capello leaves the FA will pay some other foreign idiot £6mill a year to not understand English football.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 22:19:12 pm »

Why do some people always blame the manager? That was the players' fault, they looked like they expected it to just happen for them, no game is a foregone conclusion at the World Cup finals and they looked even more disinterested tonight than the French did last night. Rooney's comments at the end were a disgrace- "Our own fans booing us, we have such loyal supporters" or words to that effect, the mere fact that they've booked time off work and gone out to South Africa to watch you pampered prima donnas is loyalty enough, isn't it?
Report Spam   Logged

DustCobb

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 22:22:29 pm »

The manager picks the team and tactics, the buck stops with him.

They looked flat, he obviously didn't get them up for the game.

Personnel and tactics were wrong, as shown from the result.

At the end of the game we had Rooney on the left wing!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 22:29:08 pm »

The players have to take a certain degree of responsibility themselves for being prepared for the game. As for motivation, they're playing for England at a World Cup, that should be motivation enough to go and perform. No excuses for the Rooneys, Gerrards and Lampards tonight, the buck should stop with them in my opinion, but doubtlessly everyone will be on Capello's back in the coming days and if we fail to beat Slovenia he'll get the boot.
Report Spam   Logged

guest143

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 22:32:44 pm »

Lampard is such a waste of space, having clueless shots at goal from 40 odd yards. Id rather have Leon Constantine replacing Lampard.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 22:32:45 pm »

He is bound to fail, he just signed a new contract extension until 2012.  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 21:15:26 pm »

I've seen a lot of England peformances over the years and that's the worst in terms of standard of opposition versus the standard of our players.  I can't remember ever seeing Rooney have two such poor performances for club or country.  The biggest problem for me was that they all seemed to be looking round for someone else to do something rather than any of them having the balls to grab the game by the scruff of the neck.  All the so called big players like Terry, Lampard, Rooney and Gerrard to a degree just disappeared.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 21:45:47 pm »

The manager picks the team and tactics, the buck stops with him.

They looked flat, he obviously didn't get them up for the game.

Personnel and tactics were wrong, as shown from the result.

At the end of the game we had Rooney on the left wing!!!!!!!

Have you just said that Sammo alone was to blame for the s***e we had to watch last season?

The likes of Guinan, Hinton, Rogers and all will be feeling a lot better if they read this then.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
saturday banana

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 18:46:42 pm »

Why do some people always blame the manager? That was the players' fault, they looked like they expected it to just happen for them, no game is a foregone conclusion at the World Cup finals and they looked even more disinterested tonight than the French did last night. Rooney's comments at the end were a disgrace- "Our own fans booing us, we have such loyal supporters" or words to that effect, the mere fact that they've booked time off work and gone out to South Africa to watch you pampered prima donnas is loyalty enough, isn't it?

Spot on nut!!!
If they can't beat Algeria they ain't the world class world beaters they have all been built up to be by everyone.I really wish he'd get Joe Cole involved.....and drop that buffoon Heskey!

One last chance on Wednesday...and for the good of moral, business and the shop windows of curry houses up and down the Welly Rd....I really hope we batter Algeria like Portugal battered North Korea today...!
Report Spam   Logged
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 18:53:08 pm »

I heard Graham Taylor say the other night that we play far to much football in this country & by the time a World Cup arrives are players are physically & mentally tired.

You do wonder if some of the better players we have are only on the field to please there sponsers Huh?

It does seem that money talks & playing for your club has become higher than representing your country Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
mackemcobbler
FTM

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 13:22:23 pm »

I heard Graham Taylor say the other night that we play far to much football in this country & by the time a World Cup arrives are players are physically & mentally tired.

You do wonder if some of the better players we have are only on the field to please there sponsers Huh?

It does seem that money talks & playing for your club has become higher than representing your country Huh?
Club should come before country, i know i would rather the Cobblers win promotion or Sunderland get in to Europe than England winning the World Cup
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: