The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:26:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Trust statement on club finances

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Trust statement on club finances  (Read 35284 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #760 on: September 02, 2021, 18:07:02 pm »

Why are you ridiculing people who my not think the same as you Shoemender ? I'm a season ticket holder and I wouldn't give a penny to a fan owned Club, my choice.

So I assume that you never put any money in to the collection buckets last time?

You really think that KT does a better job than you would if it was your club BOTN?

You seem either happy with our owners, just wondered why you think that. Can you please give me 3 examples where KT/DB exceed your expectations of an owner. Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #761 on: September 02, 2021, 20:46:40 pm »

So I assume that you never put any money in to the collection buckets last time?

You really think that KT does a better job than you would if it was your club BOTN?

You seem either happy with our owners, just wondered why you think that. Can you please give me 3 examples where KT/DB exceed your expectations of an owner. Thanks

I don't know what you're dragging me into this for, my sole recent contribution to this debate has been the word "ditto". However, you have asked me the same thing before so here's my response from last time:

Well let's see....

What has KT/DB done that's been good?

• Paid the inland revenue bill
  • Established the education programme
  • Made the club run in a much more professional manner
  • Stuck some seats in the East Stand so at least we are making some money from it in the interim
  • Been happy to engage with fans when approached directly (apparently, never bothered trying it myself beyond a cordial "hello" when passing him on the concourse.)
  • Overseen a big increase in the community work done
  • Subsidised the club with director loans to keep us going
  • Continued to slog through the red tape with the council for the redevelopment work

I know you disagree with most of that because you did last time. Probably best just to read back through the last time we had this discussion rather than have it all over again though.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #762 on: September 02, 2021, 22:16:07 pm »

Random   yes I did put money in the buckets last time, as the call was going out to raise money to give to the unpaid staff. Wish I hadn't, look at the way that money is now0 being used as a weapon against the Club. Never again will I donate money to anything fan led.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #763 on: September 02, 2021, 22:48:46 pm »

Random   yes I did put money in the buckets last time, as the call was going out to raise money to give to the unpaid staff. Wish I hadn't, look at the way that money is now0 being used as a weapon against the Club. Never again will I donate money to anything fan led.
Could you please explain how "That money is now being used as a weapon against the club"  ?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 02, 2021, 23:14:00 pm »

Carton you know exactly what I'm saying ,how many times have certain people referred to the money given to the Club as being a loan? That money was given by fans for the benefit of the staff, not too be used as a loan.
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #765 on: September 03, 2021, 07:09:53 am »

Just playing devils advocate. The buckets were out to raise money to save the club. There was also an online fund raising page set up as well. It was only after KT came in and "saved" us that it was decided to give/loan some of the money to the club to pay staff, as I remember.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #766 on: September 03, 2021, 07:20:41 am »

There was absolutely no mention of paying staff wages when we were shaking buckets, so please try again.

I (and not the Trust) post that the TRust "loaned" and were expecting it back (mainly i think because the Trust was not there to pay staff wages, especially when an owner comes in saying they have £4m to spend)
Its hardly a weapon and its against KT ethics not the club.

the staff payment was agreed by the board and was made a few days before KT took over.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #767 on: September 03, 2021, 07:47:17 am »

Just playing devils advocate. The buckets were out to raise money to save the club. There was also an online fund raising page set up as well. It was only after KT came in and "saved" us that it was decided to give/loan some of the money to the club to pay staff, as I remember.
Just playing devils advocate, the Trust decided to Loan the money to the club, but didn't get the details of the loan, including repayment formally agreed / in writing. They now want the wider fan base to support them in running the club and handling all sorts of financial, contractual and commercial arrangements
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 03, 2021, 09:44:35 am »

Carton you know exactly what I'm saying ,how many times have certain people referred to the money given to the Club as being a loan? That money was given by fans for the benefit of the staff, not too be used as a loan.
The club, James Whiting the CEO, asked the Trust for a loan, the agreement was that it would be paid back after the takeover was completed. KT. when he came in, declined to do that, stating it was DC debt. It was pointed out to him that he would have took over a club with no admin staff if the loan hadn't been taken out.
       You stated in your original post that you gave money because the Trust put "a call out to raise money for the unpaid staff" again this is untrue, things were happening so quickly then, that the Trust collected donations and used them as was appropriate, like paying for the team coach so NTFC could for fill a fixture.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 03, 2021, 09:52:37 am »

100% not true. Think about it, when KT took over NTFC and it's staff became his responsibility, so why would the Trust pay the staff ?  As stated lots of times NTFC asked the Trust for a loan towards the end of DC's time, which had to be in cash, because the bank accounts had been frozen, to pay the staff, some of whom were going to walk out because they hadn't been paid.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 03, 2021, 09:59:29 am »

Wasn't the loan repayment deferred by The Trust in order to assist/fund something for the benefit of the supporters? I'm not saying it was for it, but wasn't the fans 'village' mentioned?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #771 on: September 03, 2021, 10:02:35 am »

How was it recorded in the Trusts meeting minutes and accounts for that year?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 03, 2021, 10:15:52 am »

Just playing devils advocate, the Trust decided to Loan the money to the club, but didn't get the details of the loan, including repayment formally agreed / in writing. They now want the wider fan base to support them in running the club and handling all sorts of financial, contractual and commercial arrangements
Time to cut the Trust a bit of slack here. The request for the loan was made literally a couple of days before they wanted it and it had to be cash, now you might know that it's not easy to get your hands on £10K in cash at very short notice. Some Trust board members even offered to get cash out of their own accounts to make up the £10K and be repaid later. I know how much hard work went into getting that all done by people who also had full time jobs to hold down, so, playing the devils advocate, maybe an apology is in order ?
    Second part of your post is also inaccurate where you say "they now want the wider fan base to support them in running the club". The Trust have consistently stated the they would only be interested in running the club if the same situation arises again.
     By the way, you do know that all the Trust owned clubs employ qualified people to do the jobs involved in running a football club, the guy who takes the cash on the away coaches won't be the company accountant. KT is in Florida 90% of his time, that's why NTFC employ James Whiting, and al the Trust owned clubs are no different so what makes you think NTFC would be different ?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 03, 2021, 10:20:28 am »

My apologies if I'm incorrect. Just so i have peace of mind can somebody confirm no monies were collected after the Club asked for help paying the staff
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 13:21:00 pm by tcobb » Report Spam   Logged

guest3359

« Reply #774 on: September 03, 2021, 10:29:35 am »

Time to cut the Trust a bit of slack here. The request for the loan was made literally a couple of days before they wanted it and it had to be cash, now you might know that it's not easy to get your hands on £10K in cash at very short notice. Some Trust board members even offered to get cash out of their own accounts to make up the £10K and be repaid later. I know how much hard work went into getting that all done by people who also had full time jobs to hold down, so, playing the devils advocate, maybe an apology is in order ?
    Second part of your post is also inaccurate where you say "they now want the wider fan base to support them in running the club". The Trust have consistently stated the they would only be interested in running the club if the same situation arises again.
     By the way, you do know that all the Trust owned clubs employ qualified people to do the jobs involved in running a football club, the guy who takes the cash on the away coaches won't be the company accountant. KT is in Florida 90% of his time, that's why NTFC employ James Whiting, and al the Trust owned clubs are no different so what makes you think NTFC would be different ?
How long does it take to get something in writing? The Trust had a difficult decision to make, they decided to give the money to the club which was the right thing to do. If they didn't get anything in writing then it wasn't a loan and I agree it is used as a 'weapon' or at least as a way of painting the owners of the club in a bad way when there was failings on both sides. The Trust used the money donated by fans for a great cause. That should be celebrated and not politicised.

I've never (intentionally) questioned the intent, passion, and dedication the Trust board have to the club, and apologies if that has come across. However my position on Trust / Fan ownership is unchanged.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #775 on: September 03, 2021, 11:28:10 am »

100% not true. Think about it, when KT took over NTFC and it's staff became his responsibility, so why would the Trust pay the staff ?  As stated lots of times NTFC asked the Trust for a loan towards the end of DC's time, which had to be in cash, because the bank accounts had been frozen, to pay the staff, some of whom were going to walk out because they hadn't been paid.

Hold on a minute. Which bit is 100% not true? As I said, I was just playing devils advocate, not taking sides or having a go at the trust.
The buckets were out to raise money to save the club......TRUE
There was also an online fund raising page set up as well.....TRUE
It was only after KT came in and "saved" us that it was decided to give/loan some of the money to the club to pay staff, as I remember.......AS I REMEMBER. It was certainly something like that.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 03, 2021, 13:08:12 pm »

Hold on a minute. Which bit is 100% not true? As I said, I was just playing devils advocate, not taking sides or having a go at the trust.
The buckets were out to raise money to save the club......TRUE   True
There was also an online fund raising page set up as well.....TRUE True
It was only after KT came in and "saved" us that it was decided to give/loan some of the money to the club to pay staff, as I remember.......AS I REMEMBER. It was certainly something like that.  NOT True , as I stated the loan was asked for towards the end of DC's time because the staff hadn't been paid and were going to walk out. The Trust were told the the club wouldn't be able to function properly without these staff members. The loan was made before KT "saved" us otherwise their would have been only half a club to save. Nothing like you remember
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #777 on: September 03, 2021, 13:50:14 pm »

You have no idea. Are you a child, just out of interest, as I should like to throw you some slack?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #778 on: September 03, 2021, 13:53:54 pm »

You have no idea. Are you a child, just out of interest, as I should like to throw you some slack?
I'd be inclined to let him drown.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 03, 2021, 14:25:35 pm »

My apologies if I'm incorrect. Just so i have peace of mind can somebody confirm no monies were collected after the Club asked for help paying the staff
As far as I'm aware the loan was not made public until after KT had taken over
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: