The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 20:32:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Forest Green Rovers away in the Pizza Cup 31/08/21

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forest Green Rovers away in the Pizza Cup 31/08/21  (Read 6669 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« on: August 29, 2021, 12:51:46 pm »

The last day of August sees us make the first of two trips in a fortnight to the town of Nailsworth in Gloucestershire to face Forest Green Rovers. The League fixture is upcoming so i'll save the full preview for that game.

FGR are top of the league however they did suffer their first loss of the season on Saturday going down 2-0 to Port Vale. Before that they'd beaten Sutton, Walsall, Rochdale and Crawley scoring 13 goals in the process. They also claimed the scalp of Championship side Bristol City in the EFL Cup, winning out in a penalty shootout after a 2-2 draw on 90 minutes. They were beaten by now Premier League Brentford in the second round 3-1 after they had led at half time.

Only a league club for four years they don't have much history in this competition, never having progressed past the second round, last season they lost two of their three group games but made it through to the knockout stage on goal difference before bowing out at the next hurdle to Oxford United on penalties.

Always difficult to predict a team for these games, but their men to watch are Matt Stevens who has bagged five in five so far, Jamile Matt has four goals to his name and Nicky Cadden has three. Rob Edwards, the former Wolves defender is the man in charge, his first permanent managerial post and he took over from Mark Cooper in the summer.

Head to head between the teams, this will be just the fifth meeting, Cobblers holding a 3-1 lead in the win stakes, no draws so far. Last game was our 1-0 win in December 2019 thanks to a Matt Mills own goal. We lost our only league trip to the New Lawn thanks to a last minute winner after Sam Foley had put his name on the scoresheet for the Cobblers, although we did claim a victory there in the FA Cup in 2010 whilst FGR were a non-league club, running out comfortable 3-0 winners thanks to goals from John Johnson, Steve Guinan and Michael Jacobs.

Christopher Pollard will take charge of proceedings, this would appear to be his first game of the season. Last season he issued 83 yellow and 8 red cards in his 25 games. We saw him in our 3-1 Trophy defeat at Stadium MK and then again in our 1-0 win over Oxford in March, Sam Hoskins receiving the only caution of the game. He was also the ref in our 3-0 win at Chippenham in the FA Cup the season before last. He reffed FGR's 2-1 win over Harrogate also in March this year, sending off Elliott Whitehouse at the death.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 07:17:26 am »

I see the worlds greenest, and most unwelcoming for away supporters, football club are still making away fans stand on the uncovered terrace for a match that will do well to attract 500 through the gate. What a tin pot operation they are, I cant wait for them to disappear back into non league.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 07:41:53 am »

I see the worlds greenest, and most unwelcoming for away supporters, football club are still making away fans stand on the uncovered terrace for a match that will do well to attract 500 through the gate. What a tin pot operation they are, I cant wait for them to disappear back into non league.
Nice club house though. And the burgers are to die for.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 09:32:05 am »

The cows don't see it that way !
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 10:47:15 am »

The cows don't see it that way !
Not much chance of finding any cow in one of their burgers.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 11:00:53 am »

Play anybody that needs game time and make up the rest ot the team with youth players.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 11:05:31 am »

They don't let away fans in the clubhouse, they did when we went there in the FA Cup, but since they've been in the League the away fans have a tent and 3 porta loos.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 11:10:12 am »

Not much chance of finding any cow in one of their burgers.

Hence my quote ... cows will not be dying in the making of any matchday fayre.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 11:48:15 am »

They don't let away fans in the clubhouse, they did when we went there in the FA Cup, but since they've been in the League the away fans have a tent and 3 porta loos.
At that cup game, when John Johnson scored a screamer, bit of a mix up with our coach. They had no record of it, so told him to park up in town somewhere. After the game, theres no transport, the stewards said it would be about an hour, so told us to go into their nice clubhouse, and buy another beer. That doesnt happen very often.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2021, 14:12:35 pm »

Hence my quote ... cows will not be dying in the making of any matchday fayre.
Good. Meat is murder!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2021, 15:30:52 pm »

Good. Meat is murder!!!

And I cremate it on the BBQ...  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2021, 15:46:38 pm »

Good. Meat is murder!!!
I think that some of Tony Ansells were still mooing...
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2021, 15:47:09 pm »

Good. Meat is murder!!!

Are you serious great one from the North?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Baldy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2021, 16:39:46 pm »

Are you serious great one from the North?
Of course. Haven't eaten  meat since 1987.
Report Spam   Logged
Norfolk_In_Chance

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2021, 17:13:08 pm »

Mickey mouse competition  so expect a vastly different team. Maxted, McGowan, Horsfall (C), Nelson, Harriman, Connolly, McWilliams, Sowerby, Koiki, Ashley-Seal, Kabamba.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2021, 17:34:05 pm »

I thought it was ‘86, but anyway, can’t be too much of a “weirdo” on here, a lot of  ‘em won’t like it.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2021, 17:45:34 pm »

Mickey mouse competition  so expect a vastly different team. Maxted, McGowan, Horsfall (C), Nelson, Harriman, Connolly, McWilliams, Sowerby, Koiki, Ashley-Seal, Kabamba.

We need to play our forwards into goal scoring form. Let's put out a strong attacking line up. Perhaps we could try Hoskins up with Etete.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2021, 17:51:15 pm »

Good man.
Report Spam   Logged
Baldy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2021, 07:38:45 am »

I thought it was ‘86, but anyway, can’t be too much of a “weirdo” on here, a lot of  ‘em won’t like it.
April 1987. Mind you I think that was when I started losing my hair. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2021, 08:18:01 am »

I've not eaten meat since 2000.
I had a nice bit of steak for my dinner about 8pm last night  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: