The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:31:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Trust statement on club finances

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Trust statement on club finances  (Read 35204 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #800 on: September 04, 2021, 22:33:51 pm »

Tearing the club apart, ok, what about the owners who are letting the stadium fall apart

Thats where I don't mind being called bitter or having a hidden agenda

Once again, it is a shame that supporters can't pull together for the good of the club.

Perhaps the line is drawn on one side with supporters who want more from their club / owners and the other that are simply happy to support any owner as long as they have a club to support. They feel that any analysis of their owners is trying to tear the club apart.

STILL WAITING FOR 3 GOOD REASONS......... I will keep asking

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #801 on: September 04, 2021, 23:01:43 pm »

A few personal observations.

When an organisation such as the Trust facilitate a “loan” such as they did in those circumstances it would be virtually impossible to dictate any outcome. Therefore to retrospectively apply any sort of caveat regarding the money is naive, it should never have been perceived as a loan it could only ever be a donation in those circumstances. Genuine question when the Trust raised money in the past has any money been paid back by any new owners or even asked for. If the answer is yes then the Trust are clearly acting on standard policy. If the answer is no then why make demands this time when previously it was not an considered an issue.

Presumably the staff ended up with the money, so if it was only ever a loan the Trust should perhaps ask them for it back as they were ultimately the beneficiaries. If it’s not political and only about the money then that’s probably the correct approach.

The current owners have absolutely no responsibility for the money paid by the Trust. However it was a commendable act of the Trust, fulfilling its duty and role as guardians of the club in times of crisis. Whilst there was no obligation on the part of the new owners to do so, it would have been the decent thing to do to pay the Trust back the money and it’s slightly disappointing they didn’t. I would suggest that if the owners eventually make some significant sums from their tenure, they could perhaps repay the money then, plus interest. They have often stated that they would like a legacy that showed they acted in the best interest of the club and supporters. At the end of the day it is not the Trusts money but the supporters, who dug deep out of love of the club when it needed them most. Therefore it would be nice if the money was returned to the Trust and by default the supporters for future use in the event there was some significant profit made from any ownership. To repeat there’s no obligation to do this obviously, but it would be a fine gesture and the right thing to do. At least that’s what I think.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 01:36:59 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #802 on: September 04, 2021, 23:14:39 pm »

Wasn't the loan repayment deferred by The Trust in order to assist/fund something for the benefit of the supporters? I'm not saying it was for it, but wasn't the fans 'village' mentioned?

Can someone confirm if this was the case?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #803 on: September 05, 2021, 08:03:20 am »

Tearing the club apart, ok, what about the owners who are letting the stadium fall apart

Thats where I don't mind being called bitter or having a hidden agenda

Once again, it is a shame that supporters can't pull together for the good of the club.

Perhaps the line is drawn on one side with supporters who want more from their club / owners and the other that are simply happy to support any owner as long as they have a club to support. They feel that any analysis of their owners is trying to tear the club apart.

STILL WAITING FOR 3 GOOD REASONS......... I will keep asking

I’m never going to answer your foolish three good reasons. But I will address one point you make. Neither you, Roger, or in fact any of your like minded people have the ability to conceive another perspective. If I criticise the Trust, ipso facto, I am anti Trust. If I refuse to criticise KT on something, ipso facto, I am his greatest admirer. I have said over and over. Neither of them in my opinion care about the support. They have entered into what has effectively become a race to the bottom. Both parties show an astonishing degree of arrogance, all to the detriment of the club and its support. In all honesty, I would not have commented about the loan. But I found it so unfair that someone outs a private conversation, of a clearly desperate person, to score a point or to on a public forum. Then wonders why the staff at NTFC don’t care much for the Trust or it’s ex members. I'm bored of all of them, and there hangers on.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #804 on: September 05, 2021, 09:59:50 am »

It wasn’t bought up by the Trust. But you kept to their defence nice again. Quoting a private conversation, from a guy who trusted you.
It's nice that you now admit that the subject of the loan wasn't bought up by anyone associated with the Trust, after you accused people of refusing to "Let it Go" Good to see you admit that it's another thing you've got wrong
Regarding the last part of your sentence, this has been extremely well documented over the years, there are no secrets. Isn't it a bit ironic that you are slagging me off for giving some details yet the Trust gets slagged off all the time, by certain posters on here, for being too secretive. Dammed in you do, dammed if you don't !
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #805 on: September 05, 2021, 10:21:16 am »

It's nice that you now admit that the subject of the loan wasn't bought up by anyone associated with the Trust, after you accused people of refusing to "Let it Go" Good to see you admit that it's another thing you've got wrong
Regarding the last part of your sentence, this has been extremely well documented over the years, there are no secrets. Isn't it a bit ironic that you are slagging me off for giving some details yet the Trust gets slagged off all the time, by certain posters on here, for being too secretive. Dammed in you do, dammed if you don't !
Could you please divulge further details regarding the end point of the monies given by the Trust to the club Carton. Could you name theose employees that James awarded the wonga to and on what basis did he divvy it up?
No, perhaps not, that really would give some people something to get arsey about.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #806 on: September 05, 2021, 11:05:19 am »

LOL Hammy, so it's foolish to think that a supporter of KT would not be willing to list 3 of his good points, interesting.

Sorry re the Trust loan to the club, that has been me putting that one out there. IMHO, it was a measure of the owners that they are not interested in the long standing supporters of the club they took over,  as was their insistence that there was no supporter representation on the board.(think we all know why now) The Trust did not make the loan public, I did. But if KT had done the decent thing and returned the money then we would never having been having this conversation. That should be the real focus.

Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #807 on: September 05, 2021, 11:44:54 am »

Carton you know exactly what I'm saying ,how many times have certain people referred to the money given to the Club as being a loan? That money was given by fans for the benefit of the staff, not too be used as a loan.
And here we have the usual root cause of the problem.

Once again someone fails to discern between 'the Trust' and 'certain people' (who aren't even board members) posting in their own capacity.

I doubt the £10k has been mentioned by either the Trust or football club in a good three years, because the matter was settled in both sets of accounts.

Two more pages of divisive nonsense due to you just making something up.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 05, 2021, 12:43:07 pm »

And here we have the usual root cause of the problem.

Once again someone fails to discern between 'the Trust' and 'certain people' (who aren't even board members) posting in their own capacity.

I doubt the £10k has been mentioned by either the Trust or football club in a good three years, because the matter was settled in both sets of accounts.

Two more pages of divisive nonsense due to you just making something up.

You mind you don’t fall off that horse and land on that shiny sword  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 05, 2021, 12:48:21 pm »

LOL Hammy, so it's foolish to think that a supporter of KT would not be willing to list 3 of his good points, interesting.

Sorry re the Trust loan to the club, that has been me putting that one out there. IMHO, it was a measure of the owners that they are not interested in the long standing supporters of the club they took over,  as was their insistence that there was no supporter representation on the board.(think we all know why now) The Trust did not make the loan public, I did. But if KT had done the decent thing and returned the money then we would never having been having this conversation. That should be the real focus.

I could list numerous positives about KT's time at the club. I could just as easily mention as many positives about the Trust. But where would the fun be in that? All those barrack room lawyers and chest puffers need a decent foil. After all. There’s a danger that someone might actually listen to them. What a mess we’d be in then…… BTW…. When’s that oil rising to the top? 😀😀😀 UTC
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: September 05, 2021, 17:30:50 pm »

Just to clarify a couple of points. I stated "certain people" had brought the subject of the loan in the past, because I didn't know if they were/are Trust members, that's the reason I used that term. I asked anybody to clarify if money was raised after "the Club asked for help" don't think any body has answered that query.  I was reasonably clear in my mind that I gave money after the Club had asked for help, I gave money on the understanding that it was to be given to the staff.
The subject has been raised in the past on this forum by a few people, myself included, I raised it again as a reason why I will not support any future fan based initiatives.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3086

« Reply #811 on: September 05, 2021, 18:03:00 pm »

Just to clarify a couple of points. I stated "certain people" had brought the subject of the loan in the past, because I didn't know if they were/are Trust members, that's the reason I used that term. I asked anybody to clarify if money was raised after "the Club asked for help" don't think any body has answered that query.  I was reasonably clear in my mind that I gave money after the Club had asked for help, I gave money on the understanding that it was to be given to the staff.
The subject has been raised in the past on this forum by a few people, myself included, I raised it again as a reason why I will not support any future fan based initiatives.

Shucks.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 05, 2021, 18:56:47 pm »

Please see my answer to your questions on Page 39 of this thread, posted on 3rd Sept at 10.44.35 am, which does clarify the timetable of the raised money, the club didn't go public with any "Ask for help"  so therefore you didn't donate any money with any particular aims. The money raising went on for 2 -3 weeks before KT's takeover, at no time did the Trust collect money specifically to pay the staff. I hope that helps you.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 05, 2021, 19:19:31 pm »

Thanks for the reply, i did ask if any monies were collected after the Club asked for help, your previous reply wasnt clear on time scales. Any idea when it was made public the Club had asked for help ?
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 05, 2021, 19:56:53 pm »

the club didn't go public with any "Ask for help" 

They left that to you  Grin Grin Tongue Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 05, 2021, 22:52:13 pm »

They left that to you  Grin Grin Tongue Tongue

Surely that was you when you told everybody where they were going wrong at the Guildhall, one of your many memorable speeches  Wink Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 06, 2021, 19:57:34 pm »

Surely that was you when you told everybody where they were going wrong at the Guildhall, one of your many memorable speeches  Wink Roll Eyes

I didn’t actually tell them where they were going wrong. Kev did that. As usual they were toing and froing about the next car boot sale, or it might have been about having a sponsored knitting race for the Earls Barton church fate. Anyway… I remember somebody sneezed and it woke me up, just as you was moaning about the loan. All I said was either pursue it or forget it. I realise now how wildly optimistic the “forget it” bit was.. Never mind eh mate. It’s a welcome distraction from that BIG news they have up their sleeves ennit?  Cool Grin Tongue Tongue

Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #817 on: September 07, 2021, 21:29:07 pm »

From twitter...

Four members of the Trust's board met with representatives of West Northants Council @WestNorthants this evening to express our concerns about the potential Sixfields stand and land deal.  We would like to thank the councillors for their time.  Details to follow soon. #ntfc
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: