The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 08:28:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Rise of Sam Hoskins

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rise of Sam Hoskins  (Read 80896 times)
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #280 on: July 31, 2022, 11:47:46 am »

Total rubbish with negativity a constant thought process.

Agree, people just can't go back on old criticisms. It hurts them to admit it!
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #281 on: July 31, 2022, 12:23:40 pm »

In the past some people on here have suggested that Sam stays with us because nobody else would want him!
I can think of at least 23 other League 2 teams that would snap him up!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #282 on: July 31, 2022, 12:29:06 pm »

Jaysus, the little scamp has one good game and it’s a w@nk fest, FFS he’ll be shît for 9 games now.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #283 on: July 31, 2022, 12:54:24 pm »

Jaysus, the little scamp has one good game and it’s a w@nk fest, FFS he’ll be shît for 9 games now.

At league 2 hes actually pretty consistent. Last season being proof of that. Last season post Covid break he had a barren spell, 8 games without a goal or an assist. During 3 of those games he played as a RWB.

Outside of that, the longest stretch of league games he went without a goal or assist... 3. FACT Smiley

I would say thats excellent consistency for a man who regularly gets asked to play as a wing back. Hes not a world beater, but hes an effective player at this level. If he does not perform regularly then its fair to criticise, but he finished last season in great form and has started this season well. Lets hope it continues!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 12:56:56 pm by lordjord » Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #284 on: July 31, 2022, 12:55:34 pm »

Agree, people just can't go back on old criticisms. It hurts them to admit it!

exactly, i wrote something similar in the match thread.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #285 on: July 31, 2022, 13:11:03 pm »

exactly, i wrote something similar in the match thread.

The great Manny has a point which is his opinion. I reckon he is on some sort of payroll as every controversial utterance he gets a barrage of defensive opinions.  Personally I think it is shameful to put Manny under pressure!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #286 on: July 31, 2022, 14:21:22 pm »

The great Manny has a point which is his opinion. I reckon he is on some sort of payroll as every controversial utterance he gets a barrage of defensive opinions.  Personally I think it is shameful to put Manny under pressure!
Thanks you Evers old chum, always enjoy reading your posts.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #287 on: July 31, 2022, 15:28:43 pm »

The three camps:

1. Those that aren’t convinced about Sam. Who highlight to those who rate him, when he has a poor game.

2. Those that are convinced about Sam. Who highlight to those who don’t rate him, when he has a good game.

3. Those of us have no idea why camp one and two search each other out after every game.

Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #288 on: July 31, 2022, 15:31:44 pm »

It is interesting that a loyal player such as Hoskins doesn't get the popularity that other Cobblers have enjoyed in the past. People argue that he's inconsistent, well, all players from Messi down are inconsistent, it comes with the territory.
I would suggest that the reason is that for whatever reason people simply do not like Hoskins. There's no other way to put it, they dont like him as a person. This accounts for why they would pick up on the faults, rather than enjoy the achievements.
To give an opposite example, JJOT was a cult hero at the club and let's be honest here, consistency was not his friend. People loved him, giving him his own song and special day. Mind you we all know what happened there.
Perhaps the Hoskins lovers should rise up and embrace the little imp. We need a talisman for the season and he's togged up ready to fill that role
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 31, 2022, 15:48:38 pm »

the little imp.

That's why he's picked on. There is a vast amount of evidence of this. Think of all the insults referencing the smaller of stature.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 31, 2022, 16:03:02 pm »

That’s that solved.

People simply don’t like him…

It’s because he’s too small…

Well…. If you’re reading Sam, you’ve seen the science behind it all. You’re quite simply short and unliked. I’m afraid I’m not sure what constructive advice to give you on this one..
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #291 on: July 31, 2022, 16:19:14 pm »

Well…. If you’re reading Sam, you’ve seen the science behind it all. You’re quite simply short and unliked. I’m afraid I’m not sure what constructive advice to give you on this one..

I'm not sure what reason he would be looking to you for anything.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #292 on: July 31, 2022, 16:27:36 pm »

Poor man’s Ryan Gilligan.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #293 on: July 31, 2022, 16:28:20 pm »

He's not that small. We've had a lot smaller. Steve Phillips for example and we all loved him.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #294 on: July 31, 2022, 16:29:31 pm »

Poor man’s Ryan Gilligan.  Cool

Who? Hamster. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #295 on: July 31, 2022, 16:31:42 pm »

That's why he's picked on. There is a vast amount of evidence of this. Think of all the insults referencing the smaller of stature.
Thats a load of sh1t. I dont recall Paul Harsley, Aidy Mann, Danny Jackman, Darren Harmon getting the same level of abuse. Perhaps you can prove me wrong from your vast amount of evidence?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 31, 2022, 16:35:13 pm »

There are academic studies into the advantages of being taller, more handsome etc. You tend to get the jobs, other things being equal.

But I was actually thinking of Billy Bremner, Tom Cruise...............

When the England v Germany match finishes I'll reference some studies for you if you like.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 31, 2022, 16:35:22 pm »

I'm not sure what reason he would be looking to you for anything.

Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #298 on: July 31, 2022, 16:48:14 pm »

There are academic studies into the advantages of being taller, more handsome etc. You tend to get the jobs, other things being equal.

But I was actually thinking of Billy Bremner, Tom Cruise...............

When the England v Germany match finishes I'll reference some studies for you if you like.
I dont recall Bremner or Cruise playing for the Cobblers, and I forgot Jamie Forrester. I cheered for him a few times never abused though. You strike me as a teacher/lecturer who doesnt like even considering that they may be wrong. Am I correct?
And dont try and change my mind, I am very thick skinned.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 31, 2022, 16:59:59 pm »

Who? Hamster. Grin

Grin  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 72   Go Up