The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:28:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Forest Green Rovers (a)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forest Green Rovers (a)  (Read 7461 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« on: September 08, 2021, 18:17:41 pm »

After a brilliant but hot four days at the County for a record winning chase to beat Surrey, Emma Radacanu an absolute joy and pride to watch...it's Becket's Park tomorrow for the Northamptonshire Beer festival!

FGR away, staying in Gloucester...and hoping it's not so hot in Nailsworth...that hill is a shocker!

Feeling confident that the Cobblers will get at least a draw.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 22:00:50 pm »

Their Forum very confident of a home win
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 11:15:21 am »

Going to this one. My first away game for 2 years.
Any advice on parking and a pub for a pre match drink?
Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 11:27:33 am »

FGR are the divisions highest scorers but only 5 teams in the division have conceded more and they only managed to score once against our very makeshift defence last week.
After going unbeaten for the first 5 games they have not won any of the 4 games since, let's even that up and make it 5. We can definately get something from this game if our defence maintains its good form.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 11:34:27 am »

Thanks.

Only been the once but when we did we managed to park in the high street. We had a very nice meal in The Britannia pub, although this is going back a few years so no idea whether it's still as nice.

Brace yourself for the ascent to the ground - that hill is a killer!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 11:40:06 am »

Their Forum very confident of a home win
Last time I looked (a few seasons back) their forum comprised of a woman from Cinderford, intimidated by Cheltenham fans in the Prestbury Tavern for the El Glosico encounter...and two weirdo exiles that rarely go to the games!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 12:27:47 pm »

After a brilliant but hot four days at the County for a record winning chase to beat Surrey, Emma Radacanu an absolute joy and pride to watch...it's Becket's Park tomorrow for the Northamptonshire Beer festival!

FGR away, staying in Gloucester...and hoping it's not so hot in Nailsworth...that hill is a shocker!

Sounds just about perfect from where I'm sitting, its blowing a gale and pissing down in southern Thailand.

Would love to have soaked up the Northamptonshire sunshine watching the County actually see out a run chase, unlike some well paid others, Emma's legs and some proper beer in Beckets Park. 

Are you sure you want to spoil it?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 12:52:51 pm »

Sounds just about perfect from where I'm sitting, its blowing a gale and pissing down in southern Thailand.

Would love to have soaked up the Northamptonshire sunshine watching the County actually see out a run chase, unlike some well paid others, Emma's legs and some proper beer in Beckets Park. 

Are you sure you want to spoil it?
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 13:44:08 pm »

Last time I looked (a few seasons back) their forum comprised of a woman from Cinderford, intimidated by Cheltenham fans in the Prestbury Tavern for the El Glosico encounter...and two weirdo exiles that rarely go to the games!  Grin

Not a lot different to this one then...
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 14:00:59 pm »

I'd look in your own back garden before judging others 🤣🤣

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 14:22:02 pm »

Thanks.

When I went there I parked on an estate near the ground (Highwood Drive looking at the map) then went down the hill to The George pub....decent ale and food and pretty pleasant overall.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 14:48:05 pm »

Not a lot different to this one then...

I resisted from putting that... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2021, 16:33:28 pm »

Thanks.
Very small carpark, ergo street parking only. Keep some room on your back seat for Sherpa Tensing to assist you in your ascent to the top of the hill, take a raincoat. an exposed standing terrace awaits.
Cant help you with pubs, except to say, there are none near the ground. I only went to Stroud.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
GlosCobbler

View Profile
Search 50 Posts Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 16:37:18 pm »

Home game for me! 
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2021, 19:19:23 pm »

So here we are again, our second visit to The Fully Charged New Lawn to face Forest Green Rovers.

It will be only eleven days since two second string teams battled to a 1-1 draw before The Cobblers prevailed on penalties in the Papa Johns Trophy. This game has three league points at stake, and three league points is the gap between the two teams in the fledgling League 2 table....FGR with 13 points from five games and us with 10 from four.
Rovers made eight changes from the starting 11 we faced when they played Exeter City in their last league game, that ended in a goalless draw. Rovers are now four games without a win in all competitions but have only lost once in the league, a 0-2 reverse to Port Vale in their last home game.

Head to head wise, well the record books will show our PJT games as a draw, which still means that the Greens have only beaten us once, that was the only league encounter on their patch to date back on New Years Day 2019when goals in the first and last minutes led them to a 2-1 win.

Present and past connections probably end at Joseph Mills.....the former FGR skipper made 75 appearances for the club between 2018 and 2020 before making the switch to Sixfields. He won't appear on the pitch for the Cobblers on Saturday due to the injury he picked up at Crawley....he is however scheduled to be Forest Greens VIP guest in their hospitality suite where apparently he will be fielding questions from the fans and sharing stories about his two year spell at the club.

Scott Oldham will be the man in the middle, he's been on the league list since 2017. We have seen him a few times over the past few years most recently for our 2-0 home defeat to Burton in February this year. A week later he took charge of Forest Greens 2-0 win at Newport.  So far this season he has issued 16 yellow and one red card in his seven games, Only 70 yellows and no reds in 33 games last season puts him low down the list when it comes to handing out bookings. 

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 21:43:56 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2021, 21:21:18 pm »

That really was a fantastic 4 day win for county. A great advert for the game. I should have asked my boss for an emergency holiday for day 4. Another one of my regrets.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2021, 22:11:49 pm »

Home game for me! 

Words fail me!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GlosCobbler

View Profile
Search 50 Posts Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 08:13:46 am »

Words fail me!
Haha! Good to have a 20 mile round trip as opposed to a 160 mile one and, with shorter ones planned, Bristol Rovers & Swindon (both 60 miles) this makes a change.  Grin Pity we lost Cheltenham (20 miles) and Oxford (60 miles).
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2021, 16:34:05 pm »

Words fail me!

Fear not Everbrite, the Horsham Cobblers will be easing themselves out of their IKEA armchairs and putting the miles in.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2021, 18:01:10 pm »

A bright energetic game in store. 1-0.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: