The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:55:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Swindon (h)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swindon (h)  (Read 10513 times)
threeinabed

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2021, 11:03:15 am »

The Hoskins debate rolls on and i am not as anti Hoskins as some but ….
He was poor on Saturday and apart from the corner that led to the goal and the block at the end , did nothing of consequence . Don’t mistake having plenty of the ball for having a good game - you have to do something with it .
He was put through by Koiki and should have scored and had numerous chances to cross and failed to do so.
The wider issue is that none of our so called wide players , including Pinnock and Connelly are doing too much . It may be because they are playing very narrow and having to defend a lot but at the moment all three of them are luxury players that contribute little .
I think we are better with full backs pushing on and extra strength in midfield .

game of opinions - some will argue that hoskins made the goal and blocked a certain goal at the other end - which is more than most.

whilst, koiki is raved about, but was caught out for their goal.

thats football!!

by the way, i think hoskins is terrible, always has been, but he is our most productive player currently and that says more about the rest of the team that it does him sadly.

like i said, opinions
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2021, 11:22:53 am »

The Hoskins debate rolls on and i am not as anti Hoskins as some but ….
He was poor on Saturday and apart from the corner that led to the goal and the block at the end , did nothing of consequence . Don’t mistake having plenty of the ball for having a good game - you have to do something with it .
He was put through by Koiki and should have scored and had numerous chances to cross and failed to do so.
The wider issue is that none of our so called wide players , including Pinnock and Connelly are doing too much . It may be because they are playing very narrow and having to defend a lot but at the moment all three of them are luxury players that contribute little .
I think we are better with full backs pushing on and extra strength in midfield .

Nail on the head, B&S.

On saturday Sammy did do a lot of good stuff but, the delivery for the goal aside, it is always a final pass or an overhit/underhit cross that lets him down.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2021, 11:42:03 am »

Agree with B&S again. Hoskins gave the ball away or lost it at least 10 times during the game, I gave up counting  after that! He should have done much better with the through ball he was given and whilst he managed to finally keep the ball in play it was a lost opportunity. Having said that his corners seem better but his overall contribution and importantly his ability to make a pass are costing us.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2021, 11:45:35 am »

Agree with B&S again. Hoskins gave the ball away or lost it at least 10 times during the game, I gave up counting  after that! He should have done much better with the through ball he was given and whilst he managed to finally keep the ball in play it was a lost opportunity. Having said that his corners seem better but his overall contribution and importantly his ability to make a pass are costing us.

I think the point with Sammy is that he does a lot of stuff. You can therefore take your pick whether he's a top player or a liability. He always seems to get plenty of praise from opponents and I guess it's because they are more likely to notice the good stuff.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2021, 12:30:45 pm »

game of opinions - some will argue that hoskins made the goal and blocked a certain goal at the other end - which is more than most.

whilst, koiki is raved about, but was caught out for their goal.

thats football!!

by the way, i think hoskins is terrible, always has been, but he is our most productive player currently and that says more about the rest of the team that it does him sadly.

like i said, opinions

The team as a whole is 4th in the table. You have to think they are doing something right.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2021, 12:36:52 pm »

Let me tell you Coolcat, yellow is back in as a colour and big for this year. I myself have been seen wearing my strikingly different yellow hoodie this season at a home game. Not sure how I anticipated this trend so early.
Bradford '82. Got attacked outside of a chip shop whilst visiting my mate who was at university there. 15 (ish) against 2 wasn't good odds especially when you factor in the element of surprise...they came at us from behind. We never stood a chance. My mate needed a brain scan for a heavily busted up face but fortunately the result showed he had got away relatively lightly.
All our attackers could utter whilst sticking the boot in was 'you're not from Bradford'. Correct we weren't even though my mate was upto date with his rent. We were waiting for a pub the other side of the road to open (they closed during the day in those times) where we were going to watch a local band.
So far as I know it had nothing to do with football or racism or anything else. Completely random and bizarre. Never did see the band (No idea who they were now, but I can remember it wasn't New Model Army as we had been mixing it with them the night before).
Bradford has always been dodgy, though far more so of course back in the day.
I actually love staying over there for games though!
Some really good pubs and bars, Valley Parade (as it should be known as) a great stadium...and locals have generally been top notch in recent seasons.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2021, 13:24:27 pm »

Bradford has always been dodgy, though far more so of course back in the day.
I actually love staying over there for games though!
Some really good pubs and bars, Valley Parade (as it should be known as) a great stadium...and locals have generally been top notch in recent seasons.

What’s the pub close to the ground - lots of city memorabilia but alway friendly to sensible visiting fans?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2021, 14:16:49 pm »

What’s the pub close to the ground - lots of city memorabilia but alway friendly to sensible visiting fans?
Not sure, don't think I've been in that one.
Usually, Corn Dolly and then three micro-pub bars, opposite each other...all around a 7-10 min from stadium.
The Fighting Cock is brilliant, but further away on the Manningham Road side of ground, towards the university.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2021, 15:36:14 pm »

A friend of mine, had a relative with a caravan in the garden. Little outside toilet, perfect for a couple of days away, Def Leppard at St Georges Hall, great night out. I would have to say though, the caravan stunk of beer, cigarettes, farts, and curry.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3338

« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2021, 15:53:39 pm »

A friend of mine, had a relative with a caravan in the garden. Little outside toilet, perfect for a couple of days away, Def Leppard at St Georges Hall, great night out. I would have to say though, the caravan stunk of beer, cigarettes, farts, and curry.

I visited Kelider Village on friday and in the churchyard, fully surrounded by a stone wall and with no vehicle entrance whatsoever, there is a old caravan tight up against the church wall. Its the most bizarre sight in what is an already quite a bizarre village.
How much does an average sized decrepit caravan weigh?

Back to the football...
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2021, 16:08:19 pm »

I found myself agreeing with a lot of Pete Waltons calls over the summer, but I was astonished at some of the decisions the officials at VAR came up this weekend with during the premiership games.
...It's not often I agree almost entirely with any one pundit either but if Dion Dublin is available to ref and not too old, get him signed up, or let's have him as out next manager.
Deepcut, I appreciate your input and explanations of referring decisions at our level but if you watch any coverage of the higher divisions, what do you think to the performances of the officials generally at VAR?

Disappointing and frustrating, it's almost as if they are making what should be a simple process difficult in order to confuse the officials, players, managers and fans.  
Every Monday, without exception, the sports media is filled with controversy about a number of decisions relating to VAR over the preceding weekend, it should not be so.
I look at the way that cricket uses the 3rd umpire, granted it is a slightly more 'sedate' game, but they religiously go through a process to achieve their determination.  There should be a similar process that simplifies it for VAR to improve/speed up and promote the consistency that we all ask for.  
It's almost as if the VAR officials make it up each and every time which confuses all, including the guy in the middle who has to demonstrate a justification/agreement of the eventual decision.  I have great sympathy with many of those in the middle, with some of the decisions that are made or 'forced' on them.
Martin Atkinson's body language probably talks for most of the other Referees.
I didn't watch any of the Euro's but I believe that their VAR processes were so much better?
There was talk of their system being adopted in the PL.... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3429

« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2021, 05:21:53 am »

Let me know if you spot a local wearing this :

I lost it in Coral Bungalows about 2012-2013  Grin Grin

I went down to Coral Bungalows yesterday, sorry GD, I couldn't find the shirt but I did find Crackers face down covered in face paint and lipstick. Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2021, 07:26:16 am »

Disappointing and frustrating, it's almost as if they are making what should be a simple process difficult in order to confuse the officials, players, managers and fans.  
Every Monday, without exception, the sports media is filled with controversy about a number of decisions relating to VAR over the preceding weekend, it should not be so.
I look at the way that cricket uses the 3rd umpire, granted it is a slightly more 'sedate' game, but they religiously go through a process to achieve their determination.  There should be a similar process that simplifies it for VAR to improve/speed up and promote the consistency that we all ask for.  
It's almost as if the VAR officials make it up each and every time which confuses all, including the guy in the middle who has to demonstrate a justification/agreement of the eventual decision.  I have great sympathy with many of those in the middle, with some of the decisions that are made or 'forced' on them.
Martin Atkinson's body language probably talks for most of the other Referees.
I didn't watch any of the Euro's but I believe that their VAR processes were so much better?
There was talk of their system being adopted in the PL.... Roll Eyes
I thought that VAR was used to much better effect t the Euros.
I cannot understand how they've managed to make a process which was designed to eliminate/reduce wrong decisions into one which courts even more controversy.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2021, 07:59:40 am »

I thought that VAR was used to much better effect t the Euros.
I cannot understand how they've managed to make a process which was designed to eliminate/reduce wrong decisions into one which courts even more controversy.

Nor I... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest49

« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2021, 08:43:19 am »

At least they have softened the ridiculous offside rule. I haven’t watched much Prem this season but know some of the marginal ones have gone in favour of the scoring team.
I’m sure refs make honest mistakes but they must be seriously embarrassed when they watch back the odd howler, when it sometimes appears they are the only person in the ground that sees something differently.  It’s like any walk of life, you get people who are better at their jobs than others. I’d certainly never choose to be a ref, especially at grass roots and the abuse they get.
Report Spam   Logged
Freddie Ramscar

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2021, 11:10:18 am »

At least they have softened the ridiculous offside rule. I haven’t watched much Prem this season but know some of the marginal ones have gone in favour of the scoring team.
I’m sure refs make honest mistakes but they must be seriously embarrassed when they watch back the odd howler, when it sometimes appears they are the only person in the ground that sees something differently.  It’s like any walk of life, you get people who are better at their jobs than others. I’d certainly never choose to be a ref, especially at grass roots and the abuse they get.

Been there, done that and received limited abuse.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: