The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 14:49:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

BREAKING: Cobblers to invite democratically elected fan onto board...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING: Cobblers to invite democratically elected fan onto board...  (Read 26641 times)
guest3338

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2021, 20:24:11 pm »

And so the predicted attempt to ask candidates to join the trust begins….

Il vote for anyone not involved in the trust past or present.

New broom needed imo.
You have me worked out wrong if you think I'm attempting to do anything.
(What is an attempt to ask btw)
Thanks Dan.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2021, 20:27:56 pm »

Didn’t see the poll either Simon, and all valid points well made.

Thanks Dale, hope all is ok with you considering the earthquake.....?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2021, 20:59:13 pm »

Coincidentally my first 2 questions were who’s doing the catering and is there an extensive wine list. All this talk of pies and pints is putting me off.
A smaller wine list shows confidence from the sommelier.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2608

« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2021, 21:39:35 pm »

OMG really, you are sooooooooooooo desperate. Do you get a towel sale from KT for every anti-Trust post.  Evil Evil

“Refusal to do a Zoom meeting is because it isn't professional and the Trust that I know try to be and succeed in that aim.
You can record zoom meetings but equally something gets said and later the speaker is challenged about it, they can say "Well, I didn't mean it like that."...and so on and so forth.
Let's face it, would anybody buy a car, a house, or anything of substance on the strength of a supposedly legally binding zoom meeting?
I'd want the legally binding stuff in print,  something I could show a judge.
The club and its environs isn't something we can get from Poundland and chuck away if it breaks.
Things have to be watertight.
For reasons best known to himself, Bower and possibly certain others at NTFC, Thomas will not answer the questions.
Probably for the same reasons as I quoted but in reverse. “

I didn’t say the quote was from the trust.
This was something that came to me.
Wind your neck in
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2021, 00:02:18 am »

Thanks Dale, hope all is ok with you considering the earthquake.....?
All good mate, I was saying earlier the house properly shook and the kids freaked out a bit. I’ve had worse on holiday in Greece though tbh.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3429

« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2021, 02:08:05 am »

A smaller wine list shows confidence from the sommelier.

A very important point which has me thinking.

Before I apply I want to know the perks.

Sponsored car?
Free matchday entertainment for family and friends, home and away.
Preferential FA Cup final tickets.
A Florida holiday home with pool enclosure and complimentary tickets to Islands of Adventure.
British Airways Executive club member.

Should start with the basics first.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2021, 03:57:23 am »

Trumps available.. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2021, 06:35:59 am »

I have been actively involved supporting my County team, The Cobblers, for over 50 years.

I was at the Exeter rooms, I bought shares in the club when asked by Brian Lomax, wrote regular articles in the early fanzine years, done sponsorship, company hospitality, questioned key personnel at the early Open meetings,, basically 'obsessed' for NTFC.

Will I stand as a 'fans representative'..........not a bl**dy chance! .......BUT I will support the person who is elected.

I do not give a monkey's if he or she is a Trust member or other supporter, only if their heart is in the club to expand it in the near future.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2021, 07:42:59 am »

All good mate, I was saying earlier the house properly shook and the kids freaked out a bit. I’ve had worse on holiday in Greece though tbh.
How’s the golf Dale?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2021, 07:46:07 am »

How’s the golf Dale?
Not great with the lockdown mate. You still at Harlestone?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 07:52:20 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2021, 08:08:20 am »

Not great with the lockdown mate. You still at Harlestone?
👍
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2021, 08:14:42 am »

👍
I wondered what your pseudonym was, you gave the game away there kid.
Report Spam   Logged

WekaWeka Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2021, 08:35:09 am »

This is  a very, very interesting development and if I can put my two penneworth in..

I'm guessing that the supporters representative will become a director rather than just an attendee at board meetings..

This means that the supporters director will have stringent legal responsibilities alongside their "stakeholder" responsibilities to supporters.

I hope that the current owners have thought through this process and understand how difficult the role will be for a supporter who doesn't have some sort of background in legal and financial affairs - on the one hand the supporters director will have legal responsibilities to their role as a director and on the other they have to represent the views of a very wide ranging supporter base to the club in a lawful manner.

Potentially I think it's a great step forward. It's a directorship from hell in many ways, but the right person could play a very important role in bringing the owners and supporters closer together at this very important time.

It can be argued (by me anyway!), that this is one of the most important periods in the club's history - we have to settle the ground issues for the next 20 years at least; we need to find a way for the club to be financially sustainable without perpetual owner capital input and we need to find a relationship between the owners, club and supporters trust that works positively rather than the current unhappiness.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2021, 08:37:23 am »

This is  a very, very interesting development and if I can put my two penneworth in..

I'm guessing that the supporters representative will become a director rather than just an attendee at board meetings..

This means that the supporters director will have stringent legal responsibilities alongside their "stakeholder" responsibilities to supporters.

I hope that the current owners have thought through this process and understand how difficult the role will be for a supporter who doesn't have some sort of background in legal and financial affairs - on the one hand the supporters director will have legal responsibilities to their role as a director and on the other they have to represent the views of a very wide ranging supporter base to the club in a lawful manner.

Potentially I think it's a great step forward. It's a directorship from hell in many ways, but the right person could play a very important role in bringing the owners and supporters closer together at this very important time.

It can be argued (by me anyway!), that this is one of the most important periods in the club's history - we have to settle the ground issues for the next 20 years at least; we need to find a way for the club to be financially sustainable without perpetual owner capital input and we need to find a relationship between the owners, club and supporters trust that works positively rather than the current unhappiness.
You should post more often.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3338

« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2021, 09:11:27 am »

Will the appointment of James Whiting to the board at the same time as the supporters rep have any knock on effect in terms of policy decisions or strategy?
Does everyone on the board have an equal vote and ie will 4:1 sit better than 3:1 in the case of a split decision?
Asking because I (clearly) have no idea.
Report Spam   Logged
WekaWeka Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2021, 09:15:26 am »

Hi

I used to be The Wandering Cobbler who used to post occasionally interesting stuff during the winding up era but I can't log on..

You should post more often.
[/quote]
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #156 on: September 23, 2021, 09:27:37 am »

Those that I expected to greet this news with their usual cynacism certainly didn't disappoint.

From a totally impartial perspective. I think it is not only a genuine effort by the club to engage the support, but in fact a necessary gesture. At some point, the football league expects all clubs to demonstrate that they have some level of supporter participation at board level. It is easier for the club to move on this now, with them determining what they want, as well as what is good for the support. Rather than have it imposed in a way that they might not like.

It is good to see some people already throwing their names into the hat. It's quite a bold move to make, and it will incur some responsibility. Having said that, we all have to be fully cognisant of the restraints under which the elected individual will be operating. it is not easy being privy to a lot of information, whilst being mindful of the need to keep a balanced perspective. Being able to effect change absolutely requires people to feel they are part of that change. A lesson that has been wasted on some over recent years.

I will be very specific about what I do and who I vote for. And I never vote for anything or anyone normally  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2021, 09:43:55 am »

Those that I expected to greet this news with their usual cynacism certainly didn't disappoint.

From a totally impartial perspective. I think it is not only a genuine effort by the club to engage the support, but in fact a necessary gesture. At some point, the football league expects all clubs to demonstrate that they have some level of supporter participation at board level. It is easier for the club to move on this now, with them determining what they want, as well as what is good for the support. Rather than have it imposed in a way that they might not like.

It is good to see some people already throwing their names into the hat. It's quite a bold move to make, and it will incur some responsibility. Having said that, we all have to be fully cognisant of the restraints under which the elected individual will be operating. it is not easy being privy to a lot of information, whilst being mindful of the need to keep a balanced perspective. Being able to effect change absolutely requires people to feel they are part of that change. A lesson that has been wasted on some over recent years.

I will be very specific about what I do and who I vote for. And I never vote for anything or anyone normally  Grin
Bearing all this in mind and the potential importance of position, do you think that the timescales for standing and voting are sufficient?
Will they give everyone who is thinking of standing time to get their s*** together and those who are voting time to get to engage those standing and reach a decision as to who they award their vote to?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2021, 09:52:08 am »

Bearing all this in mind and the potential importance of position, do you think that the timescales for standing and voting are sufficient?
Will they give everyone who is thinking of standing time to get their **** together and those who are voting time to get to engage those standing and reach a decision as to who they award their vote to?

I would have given it a bit longer. When I emailed the club about their motives and a few other things around the position, that's something that I forgot.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2021, 11:07:36 am »

So basically become a progressive, innovative and forward thinking club like nearly all our nearest rivals ..Yes why not, 20 years rotting at  the hands of land speculators has worn very thin.
Absolutely agree,.Time for a major change,
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: